IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

9 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Come on, guys. Spoiler these things, please.

I consider myself pretty sensitive to spoilers but are the titles of music track remixes in a new Smash game really considered a spoiler? Especially if you don't even listen to them? 

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

I consider myself pretty sensitive to spoilers but are the titles of music track remixes in a new Smash game really considered a spoiler? Especially if you don't even listen to them? 

Not the biggest thing in the world but - take the last one posted, a character who isn’t even in the game - you’ll lose the “hang on, that’s the such and such song from zelda!” surprise. 

2 hours ago, Kazit said:

So having never played a smash game, I think I’m going to pick this up & interested in the ultimate bundle. Though how much difference does a GameCube controller make? Is it necessary?

Its only necessary if your muscle memory is bound and intertwined with 15 years+ of using a GameCube controller. As one of those people, I personally feel it’s a bit of a curse, actually. Just start with the pro controller or joycon + grip. No need to shell out for the old familiar set up if you’re not already familiar with how it plays.

19 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Not the biggest thing in the world but - take the last one posted, a character who isn’t even in the game - you’ll lose the “hang on, that’s the such and such song from zelda!” surprise. 

That's a bit over sensitive isn't it? I'd be shocked if I DIDN'T hear zelda remixes on a BotW stage.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I probably won't be getting this at launch after all. For starters I'll be away for the weekend (so can't join in on the hype) and looking at my pile of shame it's clear to me I simply won't have the time to play it, let alone get decent at it. I'm not even halfway through Pokémon ffs and Nintendo is already gearing up with another monumental release ffs!

Maybe in January... :unsure:

10 hours ago, VN1X said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I probably won't be getting this at launch after all. For starters I'll be away for the weekend (so can't join in on the hype) and looking at my pile of shame it's clear to me I simply won't have the time to play it, let alone get decent at it. I'm not even halfway through Pokémon ffs and Nintendo is already gearing up with another monumental release ffs!

Maybe in January... :unsure:

Keep us up to date anyway, mate. 

6 hours ago, Stanley said:

As if.

Ha, just bought a game for it the other day! Plus I'm definitely not taking my Switch on the road any time soon. Even as someone who's very careful with their stuff I don't want to risk breaking it. Might as well flip a coin with that build quality lol. 

But I fully understand that you're all disappointed in not being able to smash me up but I really couldn't justify another game purchase. Going to try and not buy anything until mid January at least! 

But enough about that, your regular "where is my postie?!"-programming can now resume uninterrupted. ;)

I really want to be excited about this but having never played one before I struggle to see any sense to the gameplay. Plus, the varying characters look so out of place with eachother I find it looks quite jarring. 

I know I'm in the minority with this viewpoint but a demo would be great to check out what it is all about and how it feels to play. I'm not sure gameplay videos and trailers are doing it justice for anyone be to the series. 

It looks like a mutated version of Powerstone on the Dreamcast. I'll probably buy of though it of curiosity. 

21 hours ago, Jackson said:

How awful will this be with joy cons? I'm getting cold feet on my £90 pre order and might change to the standard game.

It'll be totally fine.

You''ll struggle for a bit if you've played a lot with GC controllers, but if you're not full of muscle memory from old games it'll be grand. There are no super complicated inputs in smash. It's all down to timing.

On 28/11/2018 at 11:26, VN1X said:

Plus I'm definitely not taking my Switch on the road any time soon. Even as someone who's very careful with their stuff I don't want to risk breaking it. Might as well flip a coin with that build quality lol. 

I've covered quite literally thousands of miles with my Switch - still pretty much as good as new. Where does this build-quality thing come from? I'll admit some people have had issues, but it's bits and bobs just being massively over-egged isn't it? I mean it's not like it's just going to fall apart - it's a pretty sturdy little thing really.

Drop that 3DS man and release the Switch!