rllmuk
MattyP

Currently playing...

On 02/07/2020 at 15:53, SeanR said:

I have plans for little velvet drawstring canvas zipped bags... and fabric markers.

yeah, no. the zipped bags are way small 20x15cm, but. there's no depth to them, so they're going back.

i've ordered 30x20cm muslin drawstring bags. might have a better chance of getting pairs of cabled controllers in those.

keeping the crayola markers though. :eyebrows:

12 hours ago, Goemon said:

Just been playing Night Trap on the Switch, I’m actually really enjoying it!

You might want to investigate the other Digital Pictures titles on Switch too.  :)

Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2020 at 17:53, SeanR said:

yeah, no. the zipped bags are way small 20x15cm, but. there's no depth to them, so they're going back.

i've ordered 30x20cm muslin drawstring bags. might have a better chance of getting pairs of cabled controllers in those.

keeping the crayola markers though. :eyebrows:

this is my PS2 controller bag.

3C02DBE9-CBD7-4CA4-A04F-52E4705B6553.thumb.jpeg.4e741c8fc366fc8fa71bbdb6433076ce.jpeg

I’m just looking at the logo on the console, and it’s literally these colours here

image.thumb.jpg.869697e104957fafe51e5b33a3fa22c4.jpg

brb!

[edit]

i fucked up the 2!

image.thumb.jpg.053e762c6a2aec1fe0c8c066f3c38b58.jpg

Edited by SeanR
Finished!
  • Upvote 1

Dreamcast bag

Spoiler

9792B3B7-4029-4C5C-84FC-EDBEDF1A92C8.thumb.jpeg.da85fbe29e3c28882ef3226b55e01cbd.jpeg

I assure you, the letters are not as wonky as they appear

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

that's the first 9 done...

Spoiler

85758B76-3155-4C51-80C1-688DCDE7FBFE.thumb.jpeg.4efc85f42f9f7c1fcf4998373a8b063c.jpeg

maybe one for the creative thread...

[edit]

Edited by SeanR
Added link to creative folder
  • Upvote 7

Those are pretty neat, but overkill for me as everything is hidden away in a cube. 

I’m just doing one controller per little plastic bag. If I did bigger bags per system, each bag would have enough cables in to form a rat king anyway.

For the Mega SG I have:

1 x PAL 3 button controller (red start)

1 x JP 3 button controller (blue start)

1 x PAL 6 button controller (red start, big wings)

1 x JP 6 button controller (blue start, small wings)

1 x NTSC US Multi-Tap with two cords and Extra mode (black switch)

1 x PAL Sega Master System Pad
1 x JP Sega Mark III Paddle Controller

Similar set up for the Super NT, including a Hyperkin Mouse. 

this bags are 20cm wide. I think at the 30cm length they're perfect for two (cabled) controllers each.

The only one that might be an issue is the Jaguar pad, honestly, it's full-chonk. and with two of them, it's high on the #nope scale.

I'm going to do the logo in a bit, even if they doesn't fit.

Also for my NeoGeo Sticks I'm looking at larger versions, maybe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathable-Dust-proof-Drawstring-Storage-Multi-functional/dp/B085G57SCT/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=shoe%2Bbag%2Blarge&qid=1594118449&s=kitchen&sr=1-8&th=1

I'll have to do proper measurements, though.

On 07/07/2020 at 11:07, Alexlotl said:

Those are pretty neat, but overkill for me as everything is hidden away in a cube. 

I’m just doing one controller per little plastic bag. If I did bigger bags per system, each bag would have enough cables in to form a rat king anyway.

For the Mega SG I have:

1 x PAL 3 button controller (red start)

1 x JP 3 button controller (blue start)

1 x PAL 6 button controller (red start, big wings)

1 x JP 6 button controller (blue start, small wings)

1 x NTSC US Multi-Tap with two cords and Extra mode (black switch)

1 x PAL Sega Master System Pad
1 x JP Sega Mark III Paddle Controller

Similar set up for the Super NT, including a Hyperkin Mouse. 

Forgive my ignorance but what does ‘wings’ refer to?

28 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Forgive my ignorance but what does ‘wings’ refer to?

Almost certainly me freestyling terminology, but the grippy bits on the outside edge of the pad. The relative position of the d-pad and all the buttons is identical between the JP and US/PAL pads, but the JP has a much more compact body (and the usual stupidly short cable).

64478709-FB81-45D7-B47C-FDA36EE9E847.thumb.jpeg.9128e9055d8e2430c20e1937f792c2c9.jpeg

I have dinky hands, so prefer the JP one (apart from the cable length). Both are better than the original batarang, which is always larger than I remember. 

I just discovered the cannonball version of outrun. I’m sure it’s old news. But it’s great. 

It doesn’t seem to like my pedals, so I’m using a normal controller which is a shame.

really enjoying it though, I don’t remember really playing outrun before... not sure why it passed me by, I guess it wasn’t on SNES, and I skipped Saturn at the time.

gunblade NY on The Wii, on a 42” panny, from two feet away.

and I got motion-sickness 

I recognised it as the same thing happens when I’m in the PSVR, with the queasy sweaty Stomach Ache

Currently in the final half of Kingdom Hearts 2.

It’s quite a come down from the first game which was really good. This one is stop start stop start cut scene cut scene talky talky, tiny environments cut scene.

Quite disappointed really.
They kept all of the square Enix bullshitty bits out of the original and I was so happy to find it had no real text dialogue scenes but this one....it’s crept in a bit and the structure of the game isn’t very good overall.

• Upvote 1

Spore on the C64 which IMO is the only really good Gauntlet-style game, but it has an awful bug that sees you get trapped if you're not careful Going to see if there's a fixed version ...

I recently revisited a Kirby's Adventure save I had on the RS97 and managed to reach the ending. It's still such an awesome platformer - the presentation is great and you can have lots of fun with the abilities. :) 

I’ve just abandoned Virtua Quest on the Gamecube, I think it’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever played

I struggled on for four and a half hours as I love Virtua Fighter, but I’ve finally ditched what can only be described as a complete turd of a game.

I got this when it first released but didn’t get very far as I couldn’t understand the Japanese, so thought I would finally get around to giving the English version a go.

Wow. It’s all I can say. If I didn’t know better I would say this game was designed and made by people who has never played a video game before. 

There isn’t a single thing right! From the god awful level design, horrendous mechanics design and laughable balancing; everything is wrong.

You have to level up your character to a certain level in order to progress the story, but you don’t have the missions to do this so you’re forced to replay missions just to get to the required level to move on.

Level design idea: Make a maze of a level, with dead ends, nooks and crannies, put 5 collectibles hidden in it, give them 5 mins to find the collectibles otherwise they have to do it again. Well done guys genius design.

You have a swinging mechanic that has multiple variations. Your trajectory from some of these swings can vary so much you end up having multiple attempts to swing a gap because it’s that random. Some of these lead to inst-death (This is what finally made me give up).

You have a 3D action game where you have no lock on mechanic AND you can’t control the camera other than re-centre it directly behind you. Trying to fight multiple groups of enemies turns into an absolute nightmare, when it should be the crown jewel of the game.

And don’t even get me started on the smaller stuff, like the over animation of characters on cutscenes. Each character moves like they’re Stan S Stanman from Monkey Island, it’s completely bizarre and stupid.

The biggest crime of all though (apart from the camera) is the fact that they had the rights to use Virtua Fighter characters, moves etc. and this is what they came up with. This game should have been an absolute triumph, and instead it’s complete dross.

• Upvote 3

Hunters Moon which is and has always been too difficult for its own good.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Goemon said:

I’ve just abandoned Virtua Quest on the Gamecube, I think it’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever played

The biggest crime of all though (apart from the camera) is the fact that they had the rights to use Virtua Fighter characters, moves etc. and this is what they came up with. This game should have been an absolute triumph, and instead it’s complete dross.

Ha! This looks like Sonic Adventure crossed with Mega Man. It's got that empty world corridor feeling in an open city. 

Ninja kun 2 (ninja ashura, ninja kid 2)

Arcade port, more difficult than the arcade game!

IMG_20200713_154940.jpg

Bought mostly on a whim in CEX having gone there to pick up Mario games I somehow didn't have.

I've not touched them.

2020-07-15_11_40_28.jpg

• Upvote 3

Playing Sim City (SNES). Up to 50,000 MOANING BASTARDS. Yeah it's a little polluted and tax is 20%, so what? What am I, your mum?

• Upvote 1

I've always loved the way that plays but been disappointed by the structure of the game. Comes from being a coin-op conversion I guess.

edit: re Off-Road obvs

• Upvote 1

I gave up on Bahamut Lagoon after five hours or so - it's fun to play but just so slow - and am now dabbling with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for my SNES tactical RPG fix. Too early to say much about it other than is it just me or is this utterly gorgeous for a SNES game? Wow.

766431205_TacticsOgre-LetUsClingTogether-200720-092253.thumb.png.e7021396b524b4530b70df51f0dc6f55.png

• Upvote 2

I'm playing OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast. It's probably my favourite arcade racing game :)

• Upvote 5