rllmuk
dave7g

Playstation Now

Just now, gospvg said:

Is this the norm for PS Now to have games only available for a small period of time?

For a lot of the top PS4 stuff, a month or two has been usual.

Control just single handedly you made PSNow more relevant.

Keep it up. And make your first party games available at launch and forever and we’ll talk again.

49 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Keep it up. And make your first party games available at launch and forever and we’ll talk again.

*hides mouth from microsoft's cameras* Sony's first party is much more valuable to me than Microsoft's. I'd assume it is the same for most of the world.

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

6 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Sony have finally stepped in to the game:

March games (stolen from HUKD):

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Until 7th of September)
Control (Until 7th of September)
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
NASCAR Heat 3
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Toukiden Kiwami
Toukiden 2
Nights of Azure
Nights of Azure 2 Bride of the New Moon
Warriors All-Stars
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13

A few interesting titles in there:

Control was rumoured for game pass, even leaked by one of the xbox execs...and hasn't appeared yet. has it now moved to PSNow? I'll guess we'll find out soon enough because if it is on game pass, microsoft won't want to wait long before announcing that they have it too.

Shadow of the tomb raider recently left game pass, my assumption being that other ubi games were coming in its place. And now it appears on PSNow. Maybe Sony just paid ubi enough to move it over?

The other games are notable because, firstly, there are lots of them, which is unusual, and secondly, because they are mostly not available on xbox.

If control doesn't get announced for game pass, this week, that £40 psnow annual membership is getting bought.

Another interesting development are the leaks about sony games coming to PC. If they included HZD, for example, in PSNow and made it downloadable, and not streaming, for PC, that could be huge.

Shadow isn’t a Ubisoft title it’s Square Enix

It was the disappearance of The Division just a month after returning to games pass that made people think the sequel would replace it.

As The Division 2 has been reduced to literally buttons on all formats ahead of the new expansion I’d suggest it’sa shoe in for Gamepass this month

44 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Shadow isn’t a Ubisoft title it’s Square Enix

It was the disappearance of The Division just a month after returning to games pass that made people think the sequel would replace it.

As The Division 2 has been reduced to literally buttons on all formats ahead of the new expansion I’d suggest it’sa shoe in for Gamepass this month

Yeah, sorry, I meant square, I'll try harder next time. My point stands, that I, not people, thought that shadow was going, to be replaced by something else. I didn't expect it to re-appear on PSNow.

Spiderman, Just Cause 4 and The Golf Club 2019 have just gone up on PS Now. Spiderman is there for 3 months. 

• Upvote 1

I tried PS Now again too and I have to say the range of games is fantastic! I last tried it when it was only PS3 games, quite a while ago.

On the minus side - the streaming seems much worse now! I dunno whether it is my internet, or the current climate but it's pretty bad. Kind of moot as you can download them, but for a streaming service it's taken a weird turn.

Also on the downside is the much reduced list of supported devices. I used to do it on the PS3, Vita and my TV. Now it's PS4 or PC and that's it. The PC app is crap, you can't even search the games, WTF. And sometimes it won't let you launch a game as it is stuck in some loop asking you to update your profile. And on one of my laptops it doesn't even work.

So yeah, two steps forward, one step back. But great games on it.

37 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

I've decided that I'm going to smash through Control on this, using my free week's trial.

Definitely worth it.

When you play a PS4 game, the game is actually downloaded yeah? None of this streaming business, unless you're playing a PS3 game? 

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

When you play a PS4 game, the game is actually downloaded yeah? None of this streaming business, unless you're playing a PS3 game? 

You can pick - streaming or downloading. A downloaded game is indistinguishable from a regular one.

• Upvote 1

Thats why I junked my PS+ for PS Now, it's a lot better than it used to be. I've not had many problems with streaming PS3 games, but I'm mainly playing RPGs and stuff that doesn't rely on very little lag.

Being able to download the PS4 games is great though, thats what makes it worth it for me

The sooner they bring plus and this together into one decently priced sub the better.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Parappa said:

The sooner they bring plus and this together into one decently priced sub the better.

That'd be an insta-sub for me. My dream for PS5 is PSNow being rolled into PSPlus, and PSNow becoming the Spotify of PlayStation - any and all PlayStation titles ever released being instantly streamable.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

That'd be an insta-sub for me. My dream for PS5 is PSNow being rolled into PSPlus, and PSNow becoming the Spotify of PlayStation - any and all PlayStation titles ever released being instantly streamable.

Exactly - and they are not a million miles from this even now.  Nice if they did a deal with Spotify as well. :D

OOOh.  Borderlands 2 is on there.   So.. I got quite a way into the game on PS3.   If my get my save into the cloud will I be able to play on the Ps Now version?   Or import it into the remasters?

25 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Blimey. I didnt realise you could download the games.... I'm teetering..

Sony are rather good at keeping this service on the down low, it has to be said. 

22 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

OOOh.  Borderlands 2 is on there.   So.. I got quite a way into the game on PS3.   If my get my save into the cloud will I be able to play on the Ps Now version?   Or import it into the remasters?

Yes, you can shuffle your saves to and from PS Plus, if you have that. Of course Sony often have fuckery around different 'versions' of the game, so YMMV. Borderlands might also have some way all of its own to migrate a save, in which case that should be fine too.

• Upvote 1

Looks like they have quietly taken Mortal Kombat X off here. My sone downloaded it a few weeks ago, I deleted it yesterday to get some other stuff on the HDD and now I can't re download it. Vainished from PS Now and my downloaded list. Didn't think it was one of the timed ones.

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

Exactly - and they are not a million miles from this even now.  Nice if they did a deal with Spotify as well. :D

I'd have to disagree with you there - they don't have any PS1 games, only a handful of PS2 games and a less than full collection of PS3 and 4. To become comparable to Spotify they'd have to overcome a lot of rights/licensing issues, which is probably their biggest hurdle. I'd love it if they committed to solving those.

• Upvote 1

How do you pin the PS NOW app to your PS4 front page?  I currrently have to enter the store, to go ps now and all games. Or find the app in my library. 

bit annoying. 

Im opting to go for this for a month at least, mainly for control. 

1 hour ago, Droo said:

How do you pin the PS NOW app to your PS4 front page?  I currrently have to enter the store, to go ps now and all games. Or find the app in my library. 

bit annoying. 

Im opting to go for this for a month at least, mainly for control. 

I have all my games organised into about 8 folders, and PSNow and EA Access are in one of their own. Makes sure that I always have access to the games on my PS4 at any time and those apps.

Just tried it out on my laptop PC.  Speed and quality drastically improved using wired cable and disabled the Hardware acceleration in the settings.  HDMI output worked fine too compared to Google Stadia.

My Easter is sorted.  Might even buy the annual pass.  Since you can't buy the premium package with the Nvidia Geforce Now.

My disk drive in the ps4 has conked out so I’m going to look into getting this.

What is the likelihood of days gone coming on to it? I’ve thought about getting it whilst it’s on offer but won’t get round to play it until after a few other games. I might wait though as I have a feeling it’ll go PSNow soon?

1 hour ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Anybody else had trouble adding card details there?

Shopto basically have one of the worse websites ever built.