rllmuk
dave7g

Playstation Now

Obviously illegal shenanigans one way or another, so I decided not to buy. I'm certain that buyers who have successfully received the codes and redeemed them will be fine though. My guess would be a hacked ebay account with codes bought using stolen credit cards. Immediate payment to a hacked paypal account and immedaitely removed to an offshore account.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Obviously illegal shenanigans one way or another, so I decided not to buy. I'm certain that buyers who have successfully received the codes and redeemed them will be fine though. My guess would be a hacked ebay account with codes bought using stolen credit cards. Immediate payment to a hacked paypal account and immedaitely removed to an offshore account.

Could still be legit, one month codes sounds like some sort of promo pack in that they managed to hoover up a load of from some unsold stock (or got sold cheap as they were about to expire).

Anyway, great games this month too! Hoping they eventually manage to bring this on a par with gamepass, definitely going in the right direction.

Tried Metro Exodus but really didn’t like it. However, Dishonored 2, despite bouncing off it at launch is getting another chance. And so far I have to say, why the hell did I bounce off it? It’s fab. 

Just signed up for the year via shopto offer. Cracking value for the price. Been messing round with the streaming side. Not a bad work around for playing back catalogue of PS2 and PS3 games. seems to play ok on my 60mb connection for the most part with minimal image breakup and lag.

Being able to download ps4 games is where it's at though. Finding far more to play on here than gamepass. 

Currently playing through Spiderman, which I never got round to playing. Also dusted of my 3d glasses and playing through bound to. Plenty more on here I want to try like gravity rush and Bloodborne, but will limit myself to a couple of titles at a time.

Overall well impressed and a definite contender to gamepass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Having gone for this, its brilliant stuff

However  ( theres always something eh )  for some games i will have had before under another psn name? possibly...  it does this:   -  why  and can i get round it?

psnow.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Having gone for this, its brilliant stuff

However  ( theres always something eh )  for some games i will have had before under another psn name? possibly...  it does this:   -  why  and can i get round it?

I really wanted to change my PSN ID but the amount of Vita games I still play and the fact that my son uses my old PS3 so I didn't want to mess any of them up. Didn't realise it caused PS Now issues as well. Looking around it looks like people using PS Now on PC have this problem, are you using it on PC? Can't see a solution anywhere sadly

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Aye its on the PC =  thank gawd i've still a lot to play!!   - its a bit russian roulette though.

Must be a weird quirk about the PC version. Sony in shonky online implementation shocker.

Sony, “you can change your online PSN ID but you might lose access to your stuff, soz“

26 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Sony, “you can change your online PSN ID but you might lose access to your stuff, soz“

They are useless with this stuff. My PSN ID got set automatically as the first part of my email address back when I first had a PSP. I'd really like to change it but don't trust them an inch to not mess stuff up, and that seems to be a good move.

Been playing Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ from PS Now, and it's pretty fun. Some Persona vibes in there, there is even a direct reference to Chie from P4, but it's very much it's own game. Action combat that is pretty fast to get to grips with with, and some challenging bosses. It looks like a Vita game upgraded to HD (because it is!) but I am having fun with it. 

50 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

So, I thought they said it might cause issues only with SOME older stuff?  

What issues are people having with PSNow?

I've been thinking of changing my ID but just hanging fire for now.

Ah right. PC Version of PSNow.  Hmmm, that would have been a use case for me.

July additions are now online and include Watch Dogs 2, Street Fighter V, Hello Neighbor (as previously announced as part of the Indie lineup), Infinite Minigolf and The Turing Test. Watchdogs 2 is on until October. 

Happy days . I’ve been umming and ahhing over watchdogs 2 for bloody ages. .

2 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Was Hollow Knight up already? Only noticed it today.

Been up for at least a few months, I only started it last night though 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Is Watch Dogs 2 worth it if you haven't played, and have no intention of playing, the first one?

Yes I think so. Had a lot of fun with the second, had played the first but found it a little dull in parts.

The Japanese Now has been updated and Hitman 2 and Dead Cells have been added - likelihood of being the same games over here is apparently very high.

Not a fan of PSNow holding different save files than the PSPlus cloud. They really should unify that.

Also, having new games show up on my PS4 start screen every time I dip into a new Now game is a bit annoying.

The tech behind it is superb though. I instantly forget that I'm playing a stream.

5 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Not a fan of PSNow holding different save files than the PSPlus cloud. They really should unify that.

Also, having new games show up on my PS4 start screen every time I dip into a new Now game is a bit annoying.

The tech behind it is superb though. I instantly forget that I'm playing a stream.

Yeah, those are my bugbears too. At least you can bounce the save to and fro, it's a bit of a faff though. I move the icons for PSNow games into a folder I can ignore.

I also would like them to improve the interface for the PC client (and make an OS X/Linux/Android client!)

15 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Just checking, but do you know you can just download PS4 Now games and play them locally? The same goes for PS2 games, so it's only PS3 games you actually have to stream.

5 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Just checking, but do you know you can just download PS4 Now games and play them locally? The same goes for PS2 games, so it's only PS3 games you actually have to stream.

That's when the saves get annoying though, assuming you already played a bit on streaming to see if the game was any good. You have to go to the game on Now, upload saves to cloud, then go back to the downloaded version on the PS4, and download the saves from cloud. It's only a minor annoyance, but it would be nice if it were seamless.

The bigger issue would be if you don't have PS+.. then you have no way of moving the saves!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It's largely PS3 games I've been playing :-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mansizerooster said:

I thought that at first but it does feel sluggish. I played Control streaming for a good few hours just so that I could start straight away without waiting for it to download, switching over to local play though was night and day, it’s so much more responsive - almost like the difference between old unoptimised PAL games running at 50hz compared with a native 60hz. I think it’s a nice addition for when you’re away from your console but absolutely no contest if you have the choice. 

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I thought that at first but it does feel sluggish. I played Control streaming for a good few hours just so that I could start straight away without waiting for it to download, switching over to local play though was night and day, it’s so much more responsive - almost like the difference between old unoptimised PAL games running at 50hz compared with a native 60hz. I think it’s a nice addition for when you’re away from your console but absolutely no contest if you have the choice. 

I did the exact same thing - I downloaded Control whilst streaming it. The performance of the stream was absolutely hellish. I paused the download and restarted the stream, and it worked great. No practical difference between playing it locally, apart from the resolution. 

Make sure your PS4 isn't downloading anything at the same time, it makes all the difference.