rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Rogue Aces - Infinite State Games- Out Now. Do THE TUTORIAL YOU FOOLS

Rogue Aces is a new Rogue like WWII fighter ace 2d scrolling shoot em up. ISG is two guys. RLLMUK's own Kevvy Metal did the metal.

Vocal talents provided by Marc Silk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Silk

Announcement trailer

Tally ho and chocks away. Out April 12th.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/03/27/procedurally-generated-aerial-arcade-shooter-rogue-aces-blasts-onto-ps4-ps-vita-next-month/

Hey everyone! How’s it going? This is Charlie and Mike from Infinite State Games, and we’re pretty excited we can finally announce that Rogue Aces is coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on 12th April.

Rogue Aces is a procedurally-generated aerial combat arcade rogue-lite. Bear with us; it’ll start to make sense in a bit. But if you prefer explosions over reading, be sure to check out the trailer because it’s totally rad.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, that was covered in the thread I might be imagining if I'm having a really mundane psychotropic experience. It's a bit more sophisticated, apparently.

7 hours ago, Lothar Hex said:

This looks suspiciously like Luftrauzers.

Yes. It isn't. That's all I can say right now

7 hours ago, milko said:

Yeah, that was covered in the thread I might be imagining if I'm having a really mundane psychotropic experience. It's a bit more sophisticated, apparently.

I'll pm you

Nothing wrong with fast and simplistic. It's a run based roguelite shooter.

It's available on the PSN store now. Cross buy with Vita.

Flub's top tips for new aces

When it starts you'll do a brief flying tutorial and then it'll ask you if you want to get into the war or continue the tutorial. For god's sake continue you the tutorial. To get the most out of the game you're going to at least have to know how to take off and land :) You can autoland but that starts costing points and only toddlers auto land

There are two control modes. It defaults to time pilot style (Push the stick in a direction and the plane rotates to face in that direction) and regular which is turn left and right. Try them both and see how you get on. I use the turn left right one.

You get double points if you complete a mission before you get assigned it. If you're out being asked to kill some planes don't waste a full load of rockets and bombs. Go blow up some buildings or capture a base. You'll learn which are the best opportunity targets as you play

You have three planes but only one life. If your plane explodes you need to parachute down. If you're behind enemy lines and you don't land behind a tree (I think) you get captured and it's game over. Land in the sea or in your territory and you're fine. On the way down before you open your chute hit and enemy plane for an aerial steal. While chuting down you can throw grenades.

The game starts out fairly easy (Once you get used to the controls) but every so many missions the difficulty increases. Stuff gets more accurate. Hits harder and has more varied attack types.

There are three campaign modes. Norma, Frontline and veteran. Normal and vet are difficulties. Frontline is different. There are also a number of arcade modes. All this stuff needs unlocking by playing the game.

I'm uploading a video of me having a quick game. It'll be up later.

• Upvote 1

So this is the normal campaign difficulty. Right from the start. The biggest hurdle to overcome is landing and not hitting the ground randomly and hurling abuse at the screen. I recorded up to the first mission with a baron. (Shortly after I hit the ground accidentally like a twat behind enemy lines)

• Upvote 2

I think this looks very nice graphically, particularly in the air - better than MiniSquadron and Luftrausers, though the latter’s stylised nature will be more popular round these parts.

Happy to get it at £8, saved my points though but could have had it for just £6.08 had I used them. 

Mike is streaming again. The game gets super hectic and super explody the further you go

15 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Struggling to get the controls down at the moment. Sure it will come. 

Yeah, they feel a bit digital and clunky, like playing an old PES once you’d got used to 360 dribbling on FIFA is best way I can describe it

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Yeah, they feel a bit digital and clunky, like playing an old PES once you’d got used to 360 dribbling on FIFA is best way I can describe it

For me it is more trying to control it like a plane, whereas this is more point and go... I am sure it'll click soon and I get a little better bit by bit. 

It's a very steep initial curve but it doesn't take long to get to grips.

Try going into the options and switching control mode. I prefer the other mode

11 hours ago, Flub said:

There are two control modes. It defaults to time pilot style (Push the stick in a direction and the plane rotates to face in that direction) and regular which is turn left and right. Try them both and see how you get on. I use the turn left right one.

I certainly think the game is totally great and I’ve had the Switch version for maybe a week now. It’s a great pumped up arcade type thing and the HD rumble on the Switch feel particularly great. 

Not to blow ones own trumpet but yeah, I did all the metal jams in this game. Was a great fun time getting it all together! 

• Upvote 1