Chun-Li (possibly NSFW thumbnail)

Qazimod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welp

In related news, I got around to listening to the Minaj “Queen” album this week (usually I wouldn’t bother but I felt an obligation after this thread.)

My verdict: uh, I liked the Eminem bit in “Majesty”... and that’s all I can remember about the album because nothing else made an impression.  :hmm: 

Apart from “Chun-Li” of course. ;) 

On 14/04/2018 at 17:56, dino_jr said:I rate Minaj alongside Yoko Ono, as a human with literally no talent.

Yes I’m old and don’t understand 

Yoko Ono was a respected artist before she ever met John Lennon with shows around the World and performances with John Cage. Before she met Lennon he was a mop-top Beatle and she helped transform him into a politically and culturally aware artist. Her solo albums are also better than anything any of the other Beatles ever did post-Beatles, apart from George Harrison’s first solo effort. Thanks to the interest from younger artists she also remains culturally relevant today, unlike McCartney. She stuck two fingers up at the racist British establishment and put herself out there with her crazy avant- garde warbling when the charts were filled with fluffy pop.

She survived begging for food in post-war Japan, being locked up in a mental institution, having her daughter abducted by the father and seeing her husband and father of her son murdered in front of her.

I saw her play a gig when she was 80 years old backed by Sean and his mates and it was one of the greatest gigs I’ve ever seen. Not the usual ‘where the fuck am I? I’ll quickly run through the hits then go to bed.” Gig you get from practically every other classic rock band. It was a balls out rock and roll gig and seeing her walk out on stage for the first time with all that history behind her was very moving.

I like her a lot.

On 14/04/2018 at 17:56, dino_jr said:

I rate Minaj alongside Yoko Ono, as a human with literally no talent.

Yes I’m old and don’t understand 

Yoko Ono was a respected artist before she ever met John Lennon with shows around the World and performances with John Cage. Before she met Lennon he was a mop-top Beatle and she helped transform him into a politically and culturally aware artist. Her solo albums are also better than anything any of the other Beatles ever did post-Beatles, apart from George Harrison’s first solo effort. Thanks to the interest from younger artists she also remains culturally relevant today, unlike McCartney. She stuck two fingers up at the racist British establishment and put herself out there with her crazy avant- garde warbling when the charts were filled with fluffy pop.

She survived begging for food in post-war Japan, being locked up in a mental institution, having her daughter abducted by the father and seeing her husband and father of her son murdered in front of her.

I saw her play a gig when she was 80 years old backed by Sean and his mates and it was one of the greatest gigs I’ve ever seen. Not the usual ‘where the fuck am I? I’ll quickly run through the hits then go to bed.” Gig you get from practically every other classic rock band. It was a balls out rock and roll gig and seeing her walk out on stage for the first time with all that history behind her was very moving.

I like her a lot.