MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

On 05/11/2019 at 13:59, mansizerooster said:

Far From Home blu ray should be getting delivered on Monday. At that point I'll have collected the entire Infinity Saga :-)

Me too! :D And with that minor obsession out of the way I'm going to stop buying physical media altogether.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure the character is any more flawed than any other. He's just not a character that I can see Radcliffe fitting at all.

That's not to say I think he's a bad actor. I don't think he's that good either but for the right role he's decent enough. But a Batman esque brawler he's not, and I don't think he can sell that he's that character underneath. He can probably do elements of the mad side of the character, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, deKay said:

With WandaVision being set after Endgame, how does that work with Vision being a bit on the dead side?

27 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Doesn't she have the power to bend reality..?

Yes. She's losing her mind and using her powers to do all sorts of weird shit, like what happened in the 'House of M' comics run. WandaVision is supposed to tie directly into 'Dr Strange 2', which will see her become a threat that Strange needs to tackle. 

1 hour ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Yes. She's losing her mind and using her powers to do all sorts of weird shit, like what happened in the 'House of M' comics run. WandaVision is supposed to tie directly into 'Dr Strange 2', which will see her become a threat that Strange needs to tackle. 

I don't think the premise that she'll be a threat has been confirmed, but it seems a likely way for the story to go. Maybe Strange will start off as her teacher/mentor, taking her under his wing, before her powers go haywire.

The alternative is that they'll stay allies throughout the film, and the whole thing will be about their wacky dimension-hopping hijinks!

Most of the speculation I've seen about the reason Scott Derrickson has left the Dr Strange sequel is that he wanted to do a horror film, and Marvel Studios/Disney wanted that to be toned down. But another possible reason is that Marvel might be planning a cosmic/magic-focused next Phase with Strange at the centre (in the same way that almost everything until now has grown from Stark and his tech), and Derrickson might not have been happy making a film with that level of MCU interconnectedness.

Anyway I love those jumps between sitcom styles in Wandavision. I Wanda :eyebrows: if those sections will have a laugh track? It'll have to be canned though, as there's no way they'll film any of this before a live studio audience...

Dr Strange 2 rumour within

Spoiler

Rumour has it that Wanda's breakdown/reality bending in WandaVision - and it's ecsaltation to being a threat that Strange has to deal with in his sequel - is due to her being manipulated behind the scenes by a bad guy, in secret. Knightmare, I believe.

So I'd expect Dr Strange 2 to be 2/3rds of him and her fighting across reality before he snaps her out of Knightmare's thrall and they team up to take him down in the last act.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

I think by the time they actually get the MCU up and running again it’s going to have lost a lot of steam, especially as this giant enforced break has come right between phases.

• Upvote 3
On 21/05/2018 at 18:25, Doomguy said:

That would be poor casting. Mysterio needs someone with a bit of character not an actor that bland. 

Have you tried watching any... films?

Gyllenhaal is one of the most interesting compulsive American actors working today

• Upvote 7
7 hours ago, Broker said:

I think by the time they actually get the MCU up and running again it’s going to have lost a lot of steam, especially as this giant enforced break has come right between phases.

See, I think after Endgame the franchise a bit of a break so this situation is not too bad at all. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, McCoy said:

See, I think after Endgame the franchise a bit of a break so this situation is not too bad at all. 

One thing I find absolutely fascinating is what they do next. In comics, the end of a big event usually leads to a new status quo, but Stan believed in “the illusion of change” so no matter how much things change they always go back to normal after about a year.

What always happens is that they try a new version of the hero, and people hate it so they just change them back. I’m interested in what they do if that’s not an option.