IGNORED

MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

Pob

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering if this is a coincidence but in the past 7 days we have had confirmation that the following are not part of the MCU:

Tom Hardy' s Venom, and his movie universe

Agents of Shield TV show

Iron Fist TV show (well certainly Jessica Henwick's character from that series)

While in the same time we have had confirmation of Charlie Cox being MCU Matt Murdock, and Vincent D'Onofrio as MCU Kingpin.

Feels very much like Feige giving his grades on the stuff he wasn't involved with. 

35 minutes ago, drmick said:

I'm wondering if this is a coincidence but in the past 7 days we have had confirmation that the following are not part of the MCU:

Tom Hardy' s Venom, and his movie universe

Agents of Shield TV show

Iron Fist TV show (well certainly Jessica Henwick's character from that series)

While in the same time we have had confirmation of Charlie Cox being MCU Matt Murdock, and Vincent D'Onofrio as MCU Kingpin.

Feels very much like Feige giving his grades on the stuff he wasn't involved with. 

Henwick's character was the only good one in Iron Fist.

5 hours ago, AstroBot said:

Well that’s not conclusive is it.  They wanted to use the same actor in the MCU who had already starred in another marvel show which has since finished - we've seen that before (Chris Evans anyone?) and the 

Hide contents

Agent 19 thing…could just be that she was before the Agents of Shield one…like a James Bond type of deal.

The Chris Evans example isn't comparable. Your Agent 19 explanation is a stretch.....

On 23/12/2021 at 19:12, Festoon said:

The multiverse stuff really risks losing casual fans, I reckon. It just makes everything so dependent upon everything else.

Or makes nothing dependent on anything.

• 2 weeks later...

My rating league of 2021’s MCU content:

Film

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home

2: Shang-Chi

3. Eternals 

4. Black Widow

Series

1. Hawkeye

2. WandaVision

= Loki

4. Falcon & Winter Soldier

(Found it a mostly disappointing year for the MCU, to be honest. The series were significantly flawed to various degrees, although I’ll give most of them the benefit of the doubt due to myriad pandemic issues. Two of the films I’d place on the bottom tier of the MCU canon. Oh well.)

Shang Chi is on D+ now right? When is Eternals going to be on there? I feel like it’s crazy that of the four MCU movies this year there’s two I haven’t even bothered to watch. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Glenn Howerton is going to be Reed Richards, most likely bollocks but I could really get behind that.

spacer.png

The R.E.E.D. system.

Well dude, think about it: she's out in the middle of the negative zone with some dude she barely knows. You know, she looks around and what does she see? Nothin' but open space. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no'?

44 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

The big issue I have with this show so far is how much it just apes the Mandalorian's formula. When Mando first dropped it felt like a fairly refreshing take on Star Wars, and was likely a bit of a risk. It's like they saw what a success that was and just went- 'more of the same then?'. I feel like it shouldn't be so painfully clear that the money men are making all of your creative choices and yet here we are.

What? 

13 hours ago, Harsin said:

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Glenn Howerton is going to be Reed Richards, most likely bollocks but I could really get behind that.

spacer.png

The R.E.E.D. system.

Well dude, think about it: she's out in the middle of the negative zone with some dude she barely knows. You know, she looks around and what does she see? Nothin' but open space. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no'?

His costume has leaked alreadyd-Z7glQ_YC_tQ1Vbc7CIO2ElXPnBGAQXtQTtMdE5iuQ.jpg.19950c49aa5eef28e40f0c838d0388d5.jpg

1 hour ago, Steve McQueef said:

Imagine if they did something really daft, like cast Andy from Parks and Recreation as Star Lord...

That’s a silly comparison, Reed Richards is one of the most important characters in the Marvel universe, while Star Lord was barely a d-list one.

12 hours ago, SaintAnselm said:

That’s a silly comparison, Reed Richards is one of the most important characters in the Marvel universe, while Star Lord was barely a d-list one.

What's wrong Glen Howerton though? He is a good actor and his look isn't to far from Reeds.