IGNORED

MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

Pob

53 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Feige has already alluded to getting Namor aboard (something about a character with a complicated rights situation), blatantly so they can have Doom tooting his horn.

I cant' wait to see who they cast as Namor, who-ever it is though, better be one sleazy arrogant motherfucker.

• 4 weeks later...

Loki series for the new Disney streaming service confirmed:

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-loki-series-confirmed/

Loki’s not gone for good, folks. Word broke in September that Disney was making big plans for the good people at the Disney-owned Marvel Studios to be a part of Disney’s upcoming streaming service. Those plans were rumored to include a standalone Loki series with Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as the love-to-hate-him MCU character, and today Disney confirmed this is indeed the plan. Details are scant, but Disney said a live-action series centered around Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston, will debut on the streaming service—which now has a name: Disney+

When word first broke about these standalone series in September, the reports were that these shows were being envisioned as extensions of the existing MCU and could be limited or miniseries runs consisting of just a handful of episodes each, telling a complete story. That would gel with the busy schedules of actors like Hiddleston while also letting fans experience a movie-level MCU story in more of a longform format.

These Disney+ shows will differ from previous Marvel shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. and Daredevil in one key regard: Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will oversee the Disney+ Marvel shows, while the Netflix and ABC Marvel shows were overseen by Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb. So don’t worry, we’re not in for another Inhumans-level disaster.

Other MCU actors rumored for their own standalone series include Elizabeth Olsen, who could get a limited Scarlet Witch run, and Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stanwho might be leading a Falcon/Winter Soldier series. The only show that has been confirmed is this Loki one for now, even though we still don’t know who’s writing, producing, or directing it.

That said, as Disney aims to launch Disney+ at the end of next year, they’re looking to bank as much content as possible that’ll be available when it launches. The live-action Star Wars show The Mandalorian is already filming, and today Disney announced that a Rogue One prequel series starring Diego Luna is also in the works. This is all in addition to an animated Monsters Inc. series and a live-action High School Musical series, as well as original feature films like the live-action Lady and the Tramp.

Buckle up, folks. #PeakTV ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

I've got a lovely theory that at the end of Captain Marvel, it will be revealed that Nick Fury has known about Thanos and the snappening since the start, and has grimly and silently known that he needs to make preparations the whole time.

Someone will time travel back to Nick Fury, saying that Thanos is coming, and that he needs to assemble the Avengers to help guard against him. He'll be warned that if he ever sees people start to disappear, he has to call Captain Marvel back as a last resort.

1 hour ago, mansizerooster said:

I've got a lovely theory that at the end of Captain Marvel, it will be revealed that Nick Fury has known about Thanos and the snappening since the start, and has grimly and silently known that he needs to make preparations the whole time.

Someone will time travel back to Nick Fury, saying that Thanos is coming, and that he needs to assemble the Avengers to help guard against him. He'll be warned that if he ever sees people start to disappear, he has to call Captain Marvel back as a last resort.

That would make sense as to why he only just used the pager now and not before.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so, hopeless MCU ultrafan that I am, I'm going to do another MCU run-through leading up to Avengers 4.

At one MCU film per week, taking into account the release of Captain Marvel and watching Ant Man & The Wasp before Infinity War, I want to time it so that I can watch Infinity War the same week that Avengers 4 comes out.

Working according to that schedule, I need to start with Iron Man 1 next week.

2 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Ok so, hopeless MCU ultrafan that I am, I'm going to do another MCU run-through leading up to Avengers 4.

At one MCU film per week, taking into account the release of Captain Marvel and watching Ant Man & The Wasp before Infinity War, I want to time it so that I can watch Infinity War the same week that Avengers 4 comes out.

Having been doing something similar with my 6yr old, his Mum works on Monday nights so as soon as dinner and homework is out the way we have an #MCUMonday. Started it months ago though as we can't always get a film done in one sitting or other stuff gets in the way. We're currently halfway through Winter Soldier. Surprisingly, the ones that have captured his attention the most have been both Thor's and Iron Man 3. 

16 minutes ago, JPL said:

What’s going to be deal with trailers for this? I was wondering when we’d see one, but then started thinking that whatever they show will be a spoiler for who survives or dies. How are they going to do it?

There was a rumour yesterday that we'd see it today. No idea where it came from though

4 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I may do that too! The Incredible Hulk is included, right?

17 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I may do that too! The Incredible Hulk is included, right?

Yup. Not casting Rufallo in that film is easily the biggest mis-step in the MCU to date in my book. Apparently Marvel wanted Rufallo from day one but Universal wanted Ed Norton for his larger star power.

5 hours ago, Stigweard said:

There was a rumour yesterday that we'd see it today. No idea where it came from though

There is / was a screening of Infiniti War today with the Russo Brothers in attendance for a Q&A. So the internet put 2 and 2 together and got Lou Gehrig's disease. 

There is also an Avengers 4 prelude comic that comes out next week (Dec 5th). 

4 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Avengers 4 is actually out on 26th April in the UK. So one month in between it and Captain Marvel.

That's a pretty interesting opportunity there, for them to do a cliffhanger that's resolved in weeks rather than months. I remember that it was the plan for the Matrix sequels, that they wouldn't launch at opposite ends of the same year but in the same summer, but they couldn't pull it off.