rllmuk
RubberJohnny

Beat Saber - 360 and 90 degree mode released

10 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

This is borderline unplayable for me now because of drift issues, which is a great shame. I don’t know why they still haven’t put in an easy way to recentre your view like tons of other VR games :/

Recenterimg isn’t game specific though, it’s at an OS level. I’m sure you can re centre in Beat Saber, don’t you just hold the start button down on the side of the move controller? I mean it’s a while since I played it on PS4 but I’m sure I always used to get into a nice position room wise at the beginning of a game and then do a re centre.

Obviously that doesn’t explain your drift issue and how to fix it.

26 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Recenterimg isn’t game specific though, it’s at an OS level. I’m sure you can re centre in Beat Saber, don’t you just hold the start button down on the side of the move controller? I mean it’s a while since I played it on PS4 but I’m sure I always used to get into a nice position room wise at the beginning of a game and then do a re centre.

Obviously that doesn’t explain your drift issue and how to fix it.

Yeah, it’s probably not game specific, I know- there’s just no way to recentre the view in Beat Saber, unlike almost all other VR games. All it does it recentre where your move controllers are facing. 

4 hours ago, Retroguy said:

Yeah, it’s probably not game specific, I know- there’s just no way to recentre the view in Beat Saber, unlike almost all other VR games. All it does it recentre where your move controllers are facing. 

Just hold down the right Oculus button. The view centers to where you are looking so make sure to stand the right way and look straight.

27 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Just hold down the right Oculus button. The view centers to where you are looking so make sure to stand the right way and look straight.

No, it doesn’t. As I said, it only refocuses where the moves are pointing in Beat Saber, not your view. That’s why I have the problem.

I've never even listened to a full Green Day track before but after a couple of drinks last night I ended up buying every music add on in game. There's is by far some of the best bits going and I'm probably going to buy an album later!

I couldn't get into that 360 mode at all to start but wasn't long before I was pulling all sorts of gymnastics, spinning around and swinging arms around like a maniac. This is the most amazing game on the Quest making me work up a proper sweat, just dropped an hour solid on it and my forehead is ringed with red from the strap :lol:  I will recommend to anyone to pick up one of those Anker power packs, having that thing strapped to the back with a couple of velcro straps provides some amazing counter balance. Can go for much longer without any need to readjust or feel it's getting too heavy! Plus the 10000 models can add an extra 7/6 hours gametime on top.

6 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Holding down the Start/Options button on one of the Move controllers resets both your view and the Move position. I don't know why that's not working for you.

Are you absolutely sure? It doesn’t work that way for loads of people online- there are tons of posts from people asking it to be patched in as it doesn’t work, and not one from someone saying ‘it already works’.

All I can tell you is what I see. For any PS4 game VR game, pressing the options button resets both view/position and the controllers. That's how I switch between players on Beat Sabre and and a batch of other games.

It doesn’t reset the view for people who’s views have drifted though...maybe it’s different for people whose views have moved through other kinds of means, but if your view has kinda creeped round during the game, all it does is fix the moves angle. That’s why people are asking online if it could work like all the other PSVR games- Beat Saber doesn’t work like other games in that regard.

5 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Can you explain exactly what you mean by drifted? Just trying to understand the scenario that is playing out.

I’ll play a song, and then the centre of my view (eg looking at the menu screen) has crept round say about 15 degrees to the left when I go back to the menu. It’s subtle enough to that I don’t notice it happening, but when I take the helmet off, I’m no long looking square at the tv. And the more songs I play, the more the drift continues. Pressing the button on the side of the moves just recentres them where they are pointing, it doesn’t reset the menu screen to the centre of it is now where I’m facing.

What’s strange is that it only seems to happen in Beat Saber (that I’ve noticed anyway) and it’s only started happening recently, and nothing has changed environmentally in the room.

I’ve had the drifting happen in Rez. Put the headset on the floor and leave it for a min and it should all reset. One poster her had to swap out their headset as it constantly drifted however.

I can now play the Expert levels really well, getting through most of the songs without many mistakes. For ages I thought the Hard setting was impossible :lol: the best way to train yourselves for the crazy speed is more for it to become instinctive. At first I was trying to read the boxes and directions in my head but it needs to be more natural than that, flicking the wrists almost automatically.  To train yourself to that it's best to focus on a few rapid songs on much higher levels than what you think you are currently at, make loads of mistakes and constantly retry. After awhile it all sort of just clicks and I'm now at a stage where I can tackle the Expert + without failing for a couple of minutes.

Weirdest get yourself in the zone post ever I guess :lol:  I was stuck on a few missions in the campaign for absolutely ages and returning to them today I sailed right through and completely several others without blinking. They were causing me pain with the effort a couple of weeks ago, now I just ran through 6 different missions without pausing for a breather. 

3 new free songs...have been added to a section with the 3 that include 'what the cat' - so if you've played those you'll know what to expect - people who aren't keen on the songs in general probably won't like them. and i think they're even harder, had to drop a difficulty level and still turn on no-fail too.

As mentioned in the Rift thread, I bought this again last night. I thought I'd try some of the newer tracks. That song, Pop/Star, by K/DA ... If I'd heard that while out, I'd have probably said, "what the fuck is this shit?" 

But in Beat Saber? WHERE HAS THIS MUSIC BEEN ALL MY LIFE? OH MY GOD, THIS IS A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE! 

Couldn't get enough of it, think I played it five times! :lol:

• Upvote 3