IGNORED

Atomic Heart - Half Life with Russian Robot Clowns

Wroth

33 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Still looks interesting for me, but three years and still no date?

I thought it had been proven to be a money laundering vapourware investment scam. No?

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, SM47 said:

That English VO sounds absolutely awful though. Definitely one to play subtitled Russian audio. 

It's not just awful. It's absolutely atmosphere-breaking!

Add another to the 'stick it on Russian' list here.

So this is definitely looking like it's going to come to full fruition (should always watch a trailer to the end before posting, yeah it's coming to fruition, it's got a release date and everything. Duh!)

It was certainly all smoke and mirrors at the start but they seem to have got their shit together after seeing how positively people reacted to the weird Soviet aesthetic.

Glad, it looks mad. 

Edit.

Ooh Game Pass, great. Even if it's no Doom et al in the gunplay I'll be well up for giving it a play, just to experience the weird shit it's offering.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I suspect we won't be seeing this for a long time if ever now given current world events.

I’m still not convinced it was real anyway.

• 2 months later...

Apparently out in December 2022, and their main studios are based in Cyprus so there won't be a problem. Day one game pass, so I'll definitely check it out whenever it arrives - but December strikes me as a date that a developer decides upon when there's a very real possibility it won't be out this year but they're going to give it their best shot.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Apparently out in December 2022, and their main studios are based in Cyprus so there won't be a problem.

Really? I thought they were based in Moscow. Do you have a source for the Cyprus bit?

21 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Really? I thought they were based in Moscow. Do you have a source for the Cyprus bit?

Some Reddit post so 100% reliable. It linked to a spam filled website, so I googled another - but I can't find that one anymore. Always a good sign lol. But a cursory glance at developer Mundfish's website reveals that they're registered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Which fits the story that they have studios in Moscow but their head office is in Cyprus.

For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is Mundfish Limited, registered office: Boumpoulinas, 1-3 BOUBOULINA BUILDING, Office 42, CY-1060, Nicosia, Cyprus; registration number HE 385034 (“Mundfish”,“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals in respect of whom we hold personal data. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only recourse is not to use our Website or Services.

We shall see.

6 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

As far as I can tell, that's just some kind of business registration. The job ads on their website are all for Moscow. 

Could it be enough to serve as a loophole to get the game published?

Not that I have high expectations, it was an intriguing trailer but I don't think it will live up to that impression even if it ever comes out.