• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

A franchise I've never heard of, written by people I've never heard of, directed by someone I've never heard of who made a film I've never heard of. Got to say my interest is pretty low here, sorry. 

Guardians of the Galaxy say hi

• 9 months later...

The casting for this so far has been very diverse with ethnicity, we have prominent actors who are Indian, east Asian and Latina.

Given the origin story of the Eternals I hope the diversity will be used as part of the plot: the characters have been living on various continents for years.

You have to imagine this movie will sew the seeds of mutants in the MCU.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Christ if this doesn't make you feel old, the youngest cast member (Lia McHugh playing Sprite) was born in 2007. She's younger than this forum!

Casting a 12yr old as an immortal doesn't seem to be a clever idea.

On 27/08/2019 at 18:23, drmick said:

Casting a 12yr old as an immortal doesn't seem to be a clever idea.

I presume you mean cause she'll grow up in between filming? I guess that's easily explainable, they can says shes a young immortal who hasn't reached full adult form yet....until she does.

8 hours ago, Stigweard said:

I presume you mean cause shell grow up in between filming? I guess that's easily explainable, they can says shes a young immortal who hasn't reached full adult form yet....until she does.

Yep, like Walt from Lost, not the creepy reasons the other guys come up with!

There will be no decent in-universe reason for her being 2000yrs old but looking like a 12yr old in one movie, and then looking like a young adult a mere 6 years later in a second sequel. I guess she kicks the bucket in this one!

On 27/08/2019 at 06:27, Jg15 said:

Christ if this doesn't make you feel old, the youngest cast member (Lia McHugh playing Sprite) was born in 2007. She's younger than this forum!

If they went with Gaiman's storyline (they won't) then it's also the single most important role.

• 1 year later...