IGNORED

Fallout 76 - Prepare Your GaaS Masks

CovisGod

I wouldn't be surprised if they are making a survival game based on the Fallout franchise. Done right, it could be awesome but I feel the market is a bit over saturated with survival games atm so they'd really need to bring something special to the table. 

I'm a sucker for the Fallout games, so almost anything based on this universe would interest me. Can't wait to see what they are making!

I can see it being a couple of announcements. A previous Fallout due to arrive on the Switch (easy money and allows them to test the market) with a new one to arrive next year.... They can test the market on the Switch in the meantime and decide whether or not to release a version for the Switch as well (which will probably come as a later announcement)

7 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I really hope they just keep this running until their actual press conference happens, at which point this stream will just turn into a live stream of that event. :D

And then they release just an image of the number 2020...

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

No Obsidian logo, I am disappoint.

They did tweet saying it wasn't them. As for this, Fallout 4 was ... okay. I've never been a real fan of these. It's Elder Scrolls that will get me excited. :)

If it has more nuance than Fallout 4 which was basically just kill everyone and build some bases then I'm in, bring back the RPG elements and interesting quest lines/characters. The 'rebuild' mention in the teaser is a bit worrying!

Apparently it's an 'online game of sorts' (Kotaku) and it's being made by Bethesda Games Studios Austin, who were formerly Battlecry. Their output so far was the aforementioned Battlecry (for which they named their studio) which they never managed to finish and the only other thing they've ever made is some multiplayer content for Doom.

outlook-not-good.jpg

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Apparently it's an 'online game of sorts' and it's being made by Bethesda Games STudios Austin, who were formerly Battlecry. There output so far was the aforementioned Battlecry (for which they named their studio) which they never managed to finish and the only other thing they've ever made is some multiplayer content for Doom.

That is amazing news. Means Bethesda's A team are on Elder Scrolls. :D

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

11 minutes ago, Minion said:

If it has more nuance than Fallout 4 which was basically just kill everyone and build some bases then I'm in, bring back the RPG elements and interesting quest lines/characters. The 'rebuild' mention in the teaser is a bit worrying!

Dont forget real choices. Fallout 4 could easily have ditched most of the dialogue options as it lead to the same outcome in 95% of all cases.