Fallout 76 - Prepare Your GaaS Masks

CovisGod

What I'd like to see from Bethesda in whatever their next proper RPG is, is a smaller denser world where locations, NPCs and quests feel a lot more unique and reqrding instead of the traditional 'Our new gameworld is 10,000x bigger than the surface of Jupiter!'.

Given that it's a sight earlier than the timeframe of the existing games then it follows that it'll be much more focused on survival and sustenance. I reckon Rust / Don't Starve / This War of Mine as reference points, in the Fallout universe. Don't think it would appeal to me but there's plenty will play every single variant of those things.

12 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Apparently it’s Rust but in the Fallout Universe.

Yep, online survival game it may well be. It’s a genre that seems to have a new release on Steam every week.

14 minutes ago, Naieve said:

Interstate_'76_Coverart.png

OH SHIT SON, VEHICULAR COMBAT GAME INCOMING!!!!!!

Y’see, this would be the most fantastic thing ever. Interstate ‘76 was the greatest driving game ever as fan as I was concerned.

’Never get out of the car’.

Ah well.

21 minutes ago, Harsin said:

What I'd like to see from Bethesda in whatever their next proper RPG is, is a smaller denser world where locations, NPCs and quests feel a lot more unique and reqrding instead of the traditional 'Our new gameworld is 10,000x bigger than the surface of Jupiter!'.

That's pretty much what they've been doing since Morrowind though, and Fallout 4 felt like their most cramped game world yet. I'd love something that accurately modeled the scale of a whole country, where you really have to journey to a new place on the map.

Between Pokemon Let's Go, Star Fox Racing and Fallout: Day Z Edition this is the year for bizarre spinoffs no one asked for.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Their gameworlds haven't changed in size since Morrowind, though. EDIT: Actually looking it up Fallout 4 is actually significantly smaller than Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, so you actually got the opposite of reality, and they actually already did what you want but it did nothing to solve the actual problem.

The real problem is they haven't expanded the team, so can only produce less and less content every game as expectations for quality rise.

If youd have told me 48 hours ago they would announce a new Switch Pokemon and a new Fallout in the same 24 hours and I was anything other than dancing round my living room windmilling my cock id have laughed at you. 

I hope to god this isn't awful

48 minutes ago, Broker said:

I love it when people here are all “an online mode?! I’m not buying that. That’ll show them, they’ll have to trade at least ten forty year old men for each thousand young people!”

I don't care that it has an online "mode". I care it *only* has an online mode.

It's ESO only Fallout, and I don't want that.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

I don't care that it has an online "mode". I care it *only* has an online mode.

It's ESO only Fallout, and I don't want that.

Eso is alright, you can more or less ignore the online side and play it as single player game that just has other players in the area. It's no replacement for a proper ESVI (swiftly turning into the new Half Life 3) but it's enjoyable enough. 

You won't be able to if this is like Rust or DayZ, and I hate those sorts of games. Too full of cunts. Shame. 

(I'm 34).