Fallout 76 - Prepare Your GaaS Masks

CovisGod

Something I’d like, but which will likely be too much of a headache for them, is the ability to build your own underground bunker. They could limit the size of it to just a few rooms. From what I’ve heard about games like Rust, unless you have a massive fortress guarded by people round the clock, whatever you build you’re going to log back in to find it robbed/destroyed every time. 

Let the exhibitionists have their massive towers of scrap, but let me stick a non-descript hatch in a cunning location. Checking to see if anyone’s following you before you head to it would also add a nice tension to the game. 

In Fallout 4, i spent all of my base-building resources rebuilding & fortifying the town where the protagonists home was, but I reached a point where it had attracted a reasonably-sized, reasonably- happy population who had homes, water, electricity, etc, & I didn't see the need to go any further.  I certainly had no interest in doing the same for any of the other settlements.

I knew that Raider attacks were something that happened, but i never got an alert, so i just continued on my way, checking back in on the town occasionally to restock/offload supplies & tweak parts of the design.

I always thought it was a shame you couldn't make use of the starting vault in some way, but my headcanon was that all the inhabitants of the town were aware of it's presence & came to my town because it could always be used as storage and/or an emergency fallback position.

I love the setting, looks quite fresh for a Fallout game so I'm excited about diving in. Wasn't a huge fan of the building in F4, but if they've refined it in this, I can imagine this being good fun roaming the wasteland with a couple of mates. Mildly excited.

I'd take Fallout 3 or 4 on Switch over this. It's just another move towards the gradual homogenisation and games as service model which is making everything feel so similar. 

I guess we'll have to wait ten years for the next proper Fallout.

Just me that think this looks awesome then? 

I loved the Base building from 4, and the fact it's not a Survival game where by you die and all your hard work is undone, I'm actually really looking forward to this, 

Map 4 times the size of Fallout 4? Crikey

The thing with the base building was that you could ignore it to an extent in 4 but here it looks like that's the game.

Also four times the size but create your own content? 

I know, I'm been awfully down on this game. It's just not for me sadly.

17 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I'm excited for it. I'm not excited for months of people in this thread telling us how this isn't the Fallout game for them.

#NotMyFallout

I've said my bit, not gonna ruin it for other people looking forward to the game.

38 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Map 4 times the size of Fallout 4? Crikey

My heart sank when I heard that. It’s like they’ve learnt nothing. Every game, every map, has to be bigger than the last, even when Fallout 4 had very little of substance to fill that space. 

I’m also a tad baffled why everything is lush and green just after nuclear bombs have gone off, but two hundred years later it’s a stark, dead landscape. Don’t get me wrong, I much prefer the look, but it is pretty funny. 

Just now, Garibaldi said:

I’m also a tad baffled why everything is lush and green just after nuclear bombs have gone off, but two hundred years later it’s a stark, dead landscape. Don’t get me wrong, I much prefer the look, but it is pretty funny. 

It's a new location.

17 minutes ago, JPickford said:

It's a new location.

Virginia, close enough to Washington that it wouldn’t get away unscathed. Nuclear winter would also kill off most of the foliage but Bethesda say fuck it because they loved the look of that grass and leafy tree mod.  

Well, just watched the gameplay trailer and eesh...definitely not for me. Obviously doesn’t give two shits about the universe, and has doubled down on the ridiculous Fat Boy gun with nuclear missile silos. Because, naturally, having narrowly survived nuclear holocaust, the first thing the survivors would do is want to detonate some more of those suckers. 

Oh yes, definitely feeling triggered here. *Twitches*

1 hour ago, JPickford said:

Couldn't find them.  Do you have a link?

Couldn't find the IGN ones (think I saw them on Facebook). Did a search on YT and found the same footage there.