Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee - Shiny Happy Pokémon

SMD

Choose that Pokémon  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

XAHKFxZ.png

Official Site

Release date: November 16th, 2018

product-box-1.png   product-box-2.png

Media

Spoiler

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_07_2.png

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_09_2_png_jpgc

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_02_2_png_jpgc

eRAWeXR.png

ABOUT

Pikachu or Eevee: Which Will You Choose?

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! bring the experience of a classic Pokémon RPG to Nintendo Switch with gameplay that is easily approachable for newcomers to the series, but is also deep enough to keep veteran Trainers on their toes.

The games also have two-player simultaneous play, so you can take the journey with a friend! And there’s a deep connection between Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! and Pokémon GO, so fans of the hit mobile game will find even more to enjoy.

• Pokémo Go like catching
  • Can transfer Gen 1 Pokémon from Pokémon Go to the Switch games
  • Inspired by Pokémon Yellow, not a remake
  • Following Pokémon return
  • Eevee and Pikachu customization
  • No random battles
  • Local co-op
  • Pokéball Plus device announced ($50)
  • No wild battles, you can only battle pokémon trainers
  • OG 151 available + Alolan forms
  • One completely never before seen pokémon will be in the game
  • Online confirmed by Serebii

Guides

1 minute ago, Nequests said:

I don't really understand what it is. A traditional Pokemon adventure but the battles are more like Pokemon Go in some way? 

I haven't played a Pokemon game since the GBA, other than Pokken.

Other way around. Catching is like Go (even in-game), battles are like Classic. 

Yep seems like a enhancement on Pokemon Go.

A more traditional Pokemon game isn't due till the second half of 2019. The tweet doesn't mention whether it will be on Switch or not.

22 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Other way around. Catching is like Go (even in-game), battles are like Classic. 

Ah, okay, thanks. I'm assuming there's still some story and exploration so I'll probably pick it up. If it's like a nice entry-level remake of Yellow I could get into that, I think.

I never played Go because it never had an official release in  China and doesn't really work at all. Hopefully I won't miss out on too much stuff by not being able to link-up.

41 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yep seems like a enhancement on Pokemon Go.

A more traditional Pokemon game isn't due till the second half of 2019. The tweet doesn't mention whether it will be on Switch or not.

Not at all just an enhancement of Go. It's more like the remake of Yellow people expected. This is definitely a traditional Pokémon game, just with a new catching mechanic.

Can't wait! Co op is a lovely surprise.

I don't really understand what it is either. I was under the impression you caught Pokemon by fighting them turn-based RPG style. This makes it look like you just flick your wrist at them and wait to see what happens. Is there strategy involved? I've never played Pokemon Go. If the only combat is with other trainers, that seems to be a rather colossal dumbing down, no?

This looks delightful! Despite having watered down Go mechanics that some fans were worried about that trailer does a great job of selling its purity for something well, just, fun.

Gonna get the Eevee one I think.

I saw the trailer this morning, and was slightly concerned about what I was seeing. As I'm not a fan of pokemon GO at all, I was confused and a bit cautious about it all. 

Then I heard that this wasn't the replacement for the core series.

I'm more than ok with this being a new "Pokemon Colosseum / XD". The missus is an Eevee maniac, so this'll be the easiest decision over which version we buy.

20 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I don't really understand what it is either. I was under the impression you caught Pokemon by fighting them turn-based RPG style. This makes it look like you just flick your wrist at them and wait to see what happens. Is there strategy involved? I've never played Pokemon Go. If the only combat is with other trainers, that seems to be a rather colossal dumbing down, no?

Yes, no wild battles.

Sounds like a spinoff and the proper one is coming later.

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Yes, no wild battles.

Sounds like a spinoff and the proper one is coming later.

The official Japanese site has confirmed they're the next entries in the series and not spin-offs. 

9 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

The official Japanese site has confirmed they're the next entries in the series and not spin-offs. 

But at the same time, they also announced that the core RPG game is coming next year. So while they're not calling it a spin-off, their actions say otherwise. It should be fun though, so no real issue there.

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

It doesn't look or sound like it even without the tweet above. The team have previously talked about a BotW style overhaul and words to that effect which fits with the 2019 release.

I presume the whole one joycon to catch a Pokemon is optional, I play in Handheld mode so that doesn't really work for me. 

Never got in to Pokemon Go despite being a huge fan of the real games. Not sure if I'm dissapointed or not, need to see a bit more of the Gameplay.