Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee - Shiny Happy Pokémon

SMD

Choose that Pokémon  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, that was interesting. Main game finished (i.e. end credits seen), and probably the lowest challenge game I’ve ever played. Eevee is massively OP and I kept waiting for the challenge to increase to match, but I honestly never lost a single fight (even the Elite 4 etc.) and rarely had to use any Pokemon other than Eevee - only then sacrificially to buy a couple of turns to remove a status effect and heal her up.

Assume that is everyone’s experience?

That was also with zero grinding, just using rare candies on Eevee, catching whatever ran into me, and fighting everyone it forced me to. She ended up at L69 (dude!), and I had 81 mons obtained of 140 seen.

I know there’s rares out there and Master Trainers etc. but I feel no urge to catch or beat ‘em all. It was an enjoyably diverting 20 hours but as my first ever Pokemon game, a bit underwhelming in the round. Glad I played it, but not sure I’d play another.

No, I have to swap out Pikachu (67). He's all electric, plus iron tail (steel), which is literally useless in some cases. But I want him having those moves. Luckily, my Blastoise (54) is hard as nails, and basically won the 7th and 8th badges solo. 

I’ve had some hard battles and had most of my team wiped out due to tired Pokémon or just plain awful team spread. Overall, it hasn’t been challenging, but neither was Blue (unless you picked Charmander to start). This is much more fun, has a better inventory and Pokémon management system and I’m finding it an excellent refresher course in why this series is so god damn great. 

TL;DR — I enjoy collecting the Pokémon and the story is glorious fun but kind of plays second fiddle to the Pokédex. Gotta catch ‘em all!

Edit: also, where the hell do you find Eevee in the Pikachu edition?

I'm finding the Go to Let's Go transfer very temperamental, on two different Android phones. It has worked in the past for my wife, now it won't at all. We've tried all combinations of setting let's go ready to receive and then start go transferring, and vice versa. Just sits there and times out. My phone is a little better, but still, I have to time it just right. 

What are we doing wrong? Everything is up to date. It's network based right, nothing to do with Bluetooth etc? Phones and Switch are on the same WiFi network.

8 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I'm finding the Go to Let's Go transfer very temperamental, on two different Android phones. It has worked in the past for my wife, now it won't at all. We've tried all combinations of setting let's go ready to receive and then start go transferring, and vice versa. Just sits there and times out. My phone is a little better, but still, I have to time it just right. 

What are we doing wrong? Everything is up to date. It's network based right, nothing to do with Bluetooth etc? Phones and Switch are on the same WiFi network.

Have you synced the Go account to Let's Go first? I spent ages in the Go Park bit trying to send Pokemon over but it couldn't find my Go account. You have to go into the Communication settings in the options menu on Let's Go first so you can sync to PoGo. Then once it's done it there it'll find the account in Go Park. 

18 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Also, do berries stack? Wife just used nanab and razz to catch Articuno. I thought using one removed prior berries like in Go.

Nope, the effect of the first is negated by the second. 

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Silly question but is the phones Bluetooth on? 

It is, does it use Bluetooth? I figured it worked off the network connection. Anyway, think we solved hers, somehow the account wasn't synchronized any more. Did that first, then the transfer worked first time. Cheers for the reminder!

Just helped her beat the Elite 4. Bit of a slog, with Pokemon in mid 40s to low 50s. Got it done, though. Think it helps a lot to do it local co-op.

22 minutes ago, TehStu said:

It is, does it use Bluetooth? I figured it worked off the network connection. Anyway, think we solved hers, somehow the account wasn't synchronized any more. Did that first, then the transfer worked first time. Cheers for the reminder!

Just helped her beat the Elite 4. Bit of a slog, with Pokemon in mid 40s to low 50s. Got it done, though. Think it helps a lot to do it local co-op.

Here's a trick... Make sure the joycons are not attached to the switch. Mine will not work with them attached and suddenly does when I remove them.

22 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Good to hear, same thing happened when trying to get the Meltan box for my brother. You'd think there would be an option to sync the accounts at the Go Park desk without having to go into the game options. 

The 7 days are up and I just went to use my Mystery Box in Go again. Except I can't, because the obscured instruction looks like it's saying I need to transfer more Pokemon to Let's Go. As I transferred about 30 last night, while I still had 1 day to go and unaware of the requirement, I wondered why there were 50 in each GO park, and loads of parks. There aren't that many in the game in total. 

So what's this about, making sure I have routine access to Let's Go, ensuring only* those who bought it, or know someone who bought it, can evolve Meltan in Go?

*In effect, given the silly candy needed

On 14/12/2018 at 20:53, jonamok said:

Well, that was interesting. Main game finished (i.e. end credits seen), and probably the lowest challenge game I’ve ever played. Eevee is massively OP and I kept waiting for the challenge to increase to match, but I honestly never lost a single fight (even the Elite 4 etc.) and rarely had to use any Pokemon other than Eevee - only then sacrificially to buy a couple of turns to remove a status effect and heal her up.

Assume that is everyone’s experience?

That was also with zero grinding, just using rare candies on Eevee, catching whatever ran into me, and fighting everyone it forced me to. She ended up at L69 (dude!), and I had 81 mons obtained of 140 seen.

I know there’s rares out there and Master Trainers etc. but I feel no urge to catch or beat ‘em all. It was an enjoyably diverting 20 hours but as my first ever Pokemon game, a bit underwhelming in the round. Glad I played it, but not sure I’d play another.

Pretty sure thats why my 10/7/5 year old kids will enjoy it.

I heard there aren't random Wild battles, you see a Pokemon, and throw a ball and catch it?

Are the only fights with Trainers and Gym Masters?

Random trainers, specific people in the pokemon world, your rival, gym leaders, the elite four, and master trainers.

I just helped my wife beat the elite four, but even though I've got two specific highly powered pokemon that have been carrying me easily to this point, I don't have the depth of team that she does and I think I'd struggle with some of the elite four. Need some better psychic , fairy, or particularly ice, I think.

There seems to be loads of master trainers dotted about, once you complete the main story.

10 hours ago, Jerec said:

Pretty sure thats why my 10/7/5 year old kids will enjoy it.

I heard there aren't random Wild battles, you see a Pokemon, and throw a ball and catch it?

Are the only fights with Trainers and Gym Masters?

Also a few rare Pokemon out in the wild you have to beat in battle before you can try to catch ‘em.

8 hours ago, Jerec said:

So its Pokemon Red/Blue light?

I’d say it’s more Red/Blue with gameplay elements judiciously pinched from other titles in the series. 

The general opinion is that the Pokemon Go style of catching is too easy (and possibly this is what you meant by “light”) but I don’t find this. Maybe it’s because I don’t play Pokemon Go and have not developed an aptitude for it, but when the little buggers are dancing and flying around the screen I find it a challenge to catch them, albeit a fun challenge. Then you’ve got the catch combo on top, then the challenge of catching a shiny Pokemon on top of that. 

Theres plenty to do in the game, that’s for sure. 

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've no idea how you'd do this without grinding, I'm getting destroyed in the tower.

Did you swap out your companion’s starting attacks with one of the circus tamer blokes? My Eevee (zero grinding) with buzzy buzz and bouncy bubble (or whatever they are called) destroyed most of the ghost type pokes in 1 hit. It was just a boring climb up the tower, but never in danger. Maybe Pikachu if you have that version is lacking the right attacks?

So what attack types is Pikachu offered? Electric, fire? Surely they’re more powerful than your starting set and good against most other types? Otherwise the two versions are fundamentally vastly different in terms of challenge.

6 minutes ago, jonamok said:

So what attack types is Pikachu offered? Electric, fire? Surely they’re more powerful than your starting set and good against most other types? 

Definitely electric, water and flying.