Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee - Shiny Happy Pokémon

SMD

Choose that Pokémon  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

By the time I got to the tower, thunder and zippy zap (that from the red coat trainer) was one shotting most of them. Pikachu definitely gets less from the trainer, though. I didn't grind much, mostly just made sure I talked to everyone, battled all the trainers and picked everything up that you could before the story naturally led me there.

I got this for Christmas, along with a Pokeball Plus for my son. 

Unfortunately, I can’t get the Pokeball Plus controller to work. On the controller pairing screen, I’m pressing the control stick down and it flashes on the pokeball but nothing happens onscreen and it won’t connect. 

I’ve tried doing it whilst connected to the Switch, and have tried resetting the Pokeball via the small switch thing you press with a pencil tip but still no joy. 

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Nevermind - hard reset of the Switch seemed to fix it

23 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Do we have a ‘mon trading folder? I’d like to trade a few for evolutionary reasons, but don’t know anyone with a Switch, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Add me! I think my Switch code is in my sig, if not PM me so we can arrange a time. 

7 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

No. And only in that players of each version have some Pokémon the other won’t.

But if my wife creates a Nintendo account for her Switch profile, can I trade with her? Or do both parties need to be online at the same time? 

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Yup, have been padding out the deck for some, but things like Porygon 2 it's hard enough to get in Go.

Doesn't Porygon evolve into Porygon 2? Can't you just do that instead of using Go?

47 minutes ago, deKay said:

Doesn't Porygon evolve into Porygon 2? Can't you just do that instead of using Go?

I don't think so. The Android Dex app I use says this, for Let's Go, and it's been right about everything else

Screenshot_20181229-180404.png

Mine is level 40 ish.

Ah, there's no Porygon 2 in Let's Go then. If it's Pokemon 233, that's Gen 2!

I've got LGE and my daughter has LGP so if there's any we could three (or four!) way trade then let me know as we're in the same boat with respect to completing the pokedex.

Bought this on launch, but held off playing it as I also bought it for my wife for Christmas.

We cracked into it on the 28th or 29th, and, basically rinsed it for the following few days.

With a little over 50 hours logged, I'm done, all 151 Pokemon in the Pokedex, and 1 shiny (though it should have been 2, but it ran!)

My wife has 149 (she can't get Mew, so 150 is her 'dex complete)

and all without a single trade from Pokemon Go (I realise I can trade Meltan from there still)

just 2 Switches and 2 copies of the game - no multiple play-throughs like when we tried with red and blue way back in the day.

Really enjoyed being in the Pokemon world again, and also enjoyed the catch mechanism / different type of grinding, so am hoping they continue the Let's Go range into Gold/Silver  in a couple of years.

5 hours ago, Freeman said:

My wife has 149 (she can't get Mew, so 150 is her 'dex complete)

Is it not possible to actually catch Mew, then? It can only come from the ball controller, or transferred from Go? 

Evolving Meltan is a bit of a grind, I've activated the box twice now and am up to 200 ish candy.

3 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I'm going to upgrade that from lousy to "pathetic money grab". We bought two poke ball controllers, but evidently that's not enough for us all to complete our Dex.

It's always been a case with Pokemon games unfortunately. They never make it easy / cheap to complete a full dex. The amount of legendary Pokemon that have been event only in the older Game Boy games meant I've never completed a full Pokedex before this game and I've been playing since Blue and Red were first released. Only got Mew for the first time a few years ago when someone generously sent me him on here.