Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SMD

Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee - Shiny Happy Pokémon

Choose that Pokémon  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I got a bit bored of this towards the end, not sure if I'll ever finish it. Just didn't feel like there was all that much to it. I think when I got to yet another boring looking cave (the ice one, I think) I just lost interest.

 

I enjoyed the early to mid-stages but it just didn't really evolve enough for me, I ended up finding it very repetitive. Do the mainline games do anything to alleviate the battle system starting to feel quite samey later on?

  • Empathy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Majora said:

I got a bit bored of this towards the end, not sure if I'll ever finish it. Just didn't feel like there was all that much to it. I think when I got to yet another boring looking cave (the ice one, I think) I just lost interest.

 

I enjoyed the early to mid-stages but it just didn't really evolve enough for me, I ended up finding it very repetitive. Do the mainline games do anything to alleviate the battle system starting to feel quite samey later on?

Usually features like Mega-Evolution, team battles, tougher wild 'mons and trainers to fight, are used to give some variety. That and by towards the ends of games you have acquired loads of TMs to customise your team's movesets with.

 

Have to admit, I've just reached the Elite Four, but found the game so far rather too empty and bland. Didn't expect a full-fat Pokémon adventure, but the games structure and story feels very lightweight, which with the lower challenge level has made me rather unsatisfied. Felt like I was playing on autopilot most of the time. As games, I enjoyed all three 3DS Pokémon adventures far more, and had a greater sense of accomplishment and enjoyment of the adventures. X/Y I'd still say was my favourite Pokémon ever, even if Sun/Moon had some significant, welcome, refreshes and improvements on the Pokémon formula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve gone back to this after promising myself I would play my Switch more.

 

I’m really enjoying it.  I was trying to get a Diglet chain in the Diglet Cave but at 30 a feckin Chansey spawned on my head.

 

Not to worry, got a lot of exp.

 

Struggled a bit with Lt Surge as I was a bit under levelled and didn’t have a ground Pokemon (just the move Dig), but sorted it on the second time of asking. :D 

 

Playing with Eevee (I have the Eevee game), Pikachu, Wartortle, Charmeleon, Ivysaur and Pidgeotto at the moment because I’m so retro!

 

I know this game is fairly simple, but it’s suiting me just fine.  I suppose that’s the nostalgia factor.  There’s something very comforting about knowing all the Pokemon. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any fun to be had if you're not a Pokémon fan?

I've never played a Pokémon game before. 

I used to like RPGs but don't have the time nor patience for them these days. 

So if this is a light and easy RPG I'm thinking I might enjoy it, just don't know if it'll be a waste of time for a non Pokémon fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sprite said:

I’ve gone back to this after promising myself I would play my Switch more.

 

I’m really enjoying it.  I was trying to get a Diglet chain in the Diglet Cave but at 30 a feckin Chansey spawned on my head.

 

Not to worry, got a lot of exp.

 

Struggled a bit with Lt Surge as I was a bit under levelled and didn’t have a ground Pokemon (just the move Dig), but sorted it on the second time of asking. :D 

 

Playing with Eevee (I have the Eevee game), Pikachu, Wartortle, Charmeleon, Ivysaur and Pidgeotto at the moment because I’m so retro!

 

I know this game is fairly simple, but it’s suiting me just fine.  I suppose that’s the nostalgia factor.  There’s something very comforting about knowing all the Pokemon. 

 

If you are chaining and start an encounter with something you don't want to catch, you can just run away and the chain will not be broken.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Is there any fun to be had if you're not a Pokémon fan?

I've never played a Pokémon game before. 

I used to like RPGs but don't have the time nor patience for them these days. 

So if this is a light and easy RPG I'm thinking I might enjoy it, just don't know if it'll be a waste of time for a non Pokémon fan

 

I have no Pokemon experience whatsoever and I'm sorry to say that I found this incredibly boring and half-hearted. I understand that it's a kind of remaster of a first generation Pokemon game which might explain a little why it's so simplistic and boring to me. I've never actually understood the point of the series so my approach might well have been wrong but after a couple of hours, and a few weeks of staring at the icon trying to muster the enthusiasm to start it up, I uninstalled. It's certainly light and easy to the extent that I felt like my input was barely necessary.

 

Also, if I could have used the Pro Controller, I would have happily kept my thumbs busy while listening to a podcast or something but I have no intention of ever again removing the joycons from the Switch if I can avoid it, and certainly not to play this with motion controls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

 

If you are chaining and start an encounter with something you don't want to catch, you can just run away and the chain will not be broken.

 

:doh:

 

Thanks!

 

Its ok, I was calling it a day anyway :lol: 

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stanshall said:

 

I have no Pokemon experience whatsoever and I'm sorry to say that I found this incredibly boring and half-hearted. I understand that it's a kind of remaster of a first generation Pokemon game which might explain a little why it's so simplistic and boring to me. I've never actually understood the point of the series so my approach might well have been wrong but after a couple of hours, and a few weeks of staring at the icon trying to muster the enthusiasm to start it up, I uninstalled. It's certainly light and easy to the extent that I felt like my input was barely necessary.

 

Also, if I could have used the Pro Controller, I would have happily kept my thumbs busy while listening to a podcast or something but I have no intention of ever again removing the joycons from the Switch if I can avoid it, and certainly not to play this with motion controls. 

 

I'd suspected that this would be a bad start for non-pokemon players. A lot of what I enjoy about the game is the links and similarities to Pokémon go. And I agree that the controller enforcement is a strange choice. Saying that, Nintendo have a long history of forcing control schemes on to players. I just about find it ok to play with a single joycon, as long as I'm not catching lots of Pokémon with big movements, and when battling, a single joycon works fine. But it is still a compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcing no pro pad is really silly. I played mostly 1 handed until I started trying to catch everything to finish the dex, then I played 100% in portable mode as the catch mechanism is much, much easier than the inaccurate 1 handed motion controls version.

The Pokeball controller looks cool, but isn't that comfy and being spherical I seemed to rotate it in my hand too muck without realising..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me...I'm like, 4 badges down and still have no idea what the point of chaining for shiny Pokemon does?  What are they for?   What do the different sizes mean?  I've got loads of tiny and huge types of Pokes, but no idea....whyyyyyy.  Tx! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So chaining makes rarer pokemon spawn.

The rarest stuff spawns with something like a chain of 31, shiny included.  I think they have perfect stats, though in Let's Go that's not that important either.

 

They are basically pointless and super rare, but add a super RNG collection to the game if you do wish.

 

Size is also pointless, except that they give you more xp per catch which is good for levelling up quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you can get a lot of XP for catching a shiny Pokemon, especially if..

 

You get an Excellent throw

you Catch it first time

 

and probably loads of other things I’ve not figured out yet :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the main thing I have used chaining for is not just shinys buts also xp boosts, candy drops and to increase the catch rate of the Pokémon. The candy drop rate on a 100+ chain can be ridiculous. Even chaining Psyduck, a single tiny or huge catch would net 4k xp, over 50 candy with a huge chunk of those being XL and L. I have a maxed out level 100 dragonite and golem that I haven't spent a single rare candy or dratini or geodude candy on, all I've done is chained easier to catch stuff to get the l and XL sized candy needed for each (you can Google which Pokémon drop which candy and where are the best places to farm them, I think caterpie is smart, bellsprout is mighty, for example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

I think the main thing I have used chaining for is not just shinys buts also xp boosts, candy drops and to increase the catch rate of the Pokémon. The candy drop rate on a 100+ chain can be ridiculous. Even chaining Psyduck, a single tiny or huge catch would net 4k xp, over 50 candy with a huge chunk of those being XL and L. I have a maxed out level 100 dragonite and golem that I haven't spent a single rare candy or dratini or geodude candy on, all I've done is chained easier to catch stuff to get the l and XL sized candy needed for each (you can Google which Pokémon drop which candy and where are the best places to farm them, I think caterpie is smart, bellsprout is mighty, for example)

 

Diglett is quick Candy.  I got zillions of them in the Diglett Cave :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up to play with my daughter who was looking like she was heading for a Pokemon obsession (and rather a videogame than the drug-habit that is the CCG). Quite enjoying it - I like being able to see the Pokemon on the overworld, but the catching is perhaps over simplified.

 

Anyway, am I right that your chances of getting a Pokemon with decent IVs goes up as you catch more of the same type, meaning that the first Pokemon you catch of each type is likely to be rubbish? That has the potential to be a rather upsetting mechanism for a 6 year old girl who has named her Pidgey and has it follow her around.

 

Do you have to dick around with IVs and Candy to finish the main game, or is that strictly there for the powergamers, and first-cab-off-the-rank Pokemon will do the job for the main story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the game with some starters in my team and a backpack bulging with unused candies, completely doable. What matters is having a balanced team with good abilities. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter started the demo last night but the save option is greyed out. Is there some areas you cannot save in? She's in a garden type place with lots of Pokemon and a few kids to talk to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.