2018 FIFA World Cup

Thread Owner

I wondered why Kane was coming so deep later in your game vs Croatia, he was playing deeper even than a number 10 normally would at times. 

He is certainly your most important player, my only criticism of him is that seemed to tire very quickly in most of those games. Seems to be knackered after an hour. 

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44798333

Check the replay at 1 minute - I'm sure it's the post first. 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

No, it touched his foot.

If only the keeper wasn't there. It would have smashed against Vida's balls, the entire stadium would have erupted in applause and we'd have been in the final.  Football is fine lines for sure. Stones' header off the line and the chances we spurned :( it was Gazza's outstretched leg all over again or that far post header in 86 against Argentina that would normally have flown in. Football can be cruel. This Kane chance also proves my point time and again that sometimes, strikers should just toe punt it instead of trying to kick it properly.

Gambling adverts are irritating me even more than usual. That Skybet one is particularly bad. The one that puts the "when the fun stops stop" slogan at the start. The word "fun" is bigger than every other word, and in a fancier, glittery font. The camera even slowly zooms in on that word specifically. It's so insidious. It's supposed to encourage people to be responsible, but the real message they want to communicate is that gambling is fun. I've had several friends' lives ruined by gambling, so perhaps I'm being oversensitive. Am I?

@feltmonkey I dont think you're being oversensitive, the ads are everywhere in football now, it's impossible to avoid them, they're loud and brash too which makes it all the harder to ignore them.

As for today, commentators are Sam Matterface and Glenn Whatshappenedtohisface?

1 minute ago, Fallows said:

Well better starting XI today. Should have gone with this the other night.

That said... Still fucking shit in midfield. And what's with our defenders trying to dive into our net all the time? is this some new defending technique?