Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Hitcher

I like that on the first return to modern times your colleague is straight at the "you should yake a break from the animus...". Screw that!  Back to Greece and I'll see you much, much later.

I'm a few hours after the Cultists menu unlocks.  This did this much better in this than Valhalla.

6 hours ago, monkeydog said:

I like that on the first return to modern times your colleague is straight at the "you should yake a break from the animus...". Screw that!  Back to Greece and I'll see you much, much later.

I'm a few hours after the Cultists menu unlocks.  This did this much better in this than Valhalla.

The modern day sequences are really bizarre, and feel like they were done by a completely different team (which is probably what happened). The assistant you have is terrible and the urge to assassinate her was strong throughout.

• 2 months later...
On 10/08/2022 at 00:12, TehStu said:

There is a real world, in my opinion mind blowing thing on the precursor quests to unlocking Atlantis. I got really into this game though, so mileage will vary.

Well, after taking a couple of months off, I came back and hustled from lv46 to 52. By this point, I was enjoying the side quests that I simply didn't have the bandwidth for previously. Plus, I wish someone had told me about the XP goldmine that is the Bounty Board. Due to a coincidence of two high-value bounties wanting the same conditions, I made 160k XP in bout 5 minutes.

I've now swept up everything I think I'm likely to. Atlantis done, Cult done, obvs main story done, and it's been largely brilliant. Just so, so expansive and all-consuming.

I also think that Ubi wildly overestimate how much fun it is to fire literally hundreds of arrows into one enemy over 15 minutes. Which is why I did none of the big hunt missions - they're just so drawn out and dreary.

@Stu What was the mind-blowing thing? I don't think I missed anything...

14 hours ago, schmojo said:

@Stu What was the mind-blowing thing? I don't think I missed anything...

Wondering if I have to explain it that it was only mind-blowing to me :lol:. Although I haven't done the Atlantis expansion yet, I was kinda burned out after spending so long doing the main quest. But in the prelude to Atlantis:

Spoiler

When you're in the present time with Layla and down in the room where you met Pythagoras, Kasandra walks in. I had such a blast with her through the main quest (which, ironically, I hadn't quite finished when I did this bit) that it was pretty sad when she passed on the staff thing to Layla.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Wondering if I have to explain it that it was only mind-blowing to me :lol:. Although I haven't done the Atlantis expansion yet, I was kinda burned out after spending so long doing the main quest. But in the prelude to Atlantis:

Reveal hidden contents

When you're in the present time with Layla and down in the room where you met Pythagoras, Kasandra walks in. I had such a blast with her through the main quest (which, ironically, I hadn't quite finished when I did this bit) that it was pretty sad when she passed on the staff thing to Layla.

Have you played the Valhalla crossover missions, which I believe are FTP?

If you haven’t or don’t have access to Valhalla then check it out on YouTube, as it is well worth a look based on your enjoyment of the Atlantis reveal.

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

If you haven’t or don’t have access to Valhalla then check it out on YouTube, as it is well worth a look based on your enjoyment of the Atlantis reveal.

Not sure I'll get to Valhalla, bit burnt out on these things. I'll definitely check out the YouTube videos, cheers.

21 hours ago, TehStu said:

Not sure I'll get to Valhalla, bit burnt out on these things. I'll definitely check out the YouTube videos, cheers.

Vallhalla is nowhere near as good and I went pretty much straight onto it so best to give it a good long break before you do.