IGNORED

Tetris Effect Connected - Cross-platform ON

Cyhwuhx

29 minutes ago, Zombait said:

I had no idea there was a disc version of both Rez & Tetris Effect!! Where did you get Tetris from? I can't find it anywhere.

Rez was a limited physical release around launch and Tetris Effect was imported from France. Although I wouldnt be surprised if it eventually get released over here.. I just didnt want to risk it. 

This is pretty good isn't it? Bought last night and played for about 5 hours! Just going through the various different modes. That variety makes it ideal for all the different high score tables.

Not played in vr yet either.

Add therealdanster if you don't already have me as a friend.

On 23/11/2018 at 18:20, Jonster said:

I wasn’t feeling the VR in this when I tried it last night, very underwhelmed. Will try it again soon though.

I think it stands up well on a TV with headphones or a good sounds system really well but the isolation of the VR is sublime. I just wish the resolution were that bit higher. 

1 minute ago, Nathan Wind said:

What's with the mid-level jump in falling speed from  5 to 9 when I pick up from where I left off after my first hour's play?  Am I missing something?  As in, it happens as I'm playing the level I got up to and it's incredibly jarring. 

In Journey mode, many stages will change play speed after a certain amount of lines; sometimes faster, sometimes slower. It can be a bit of a surprise at first but you eventually learn when the changes will happen and can plan ahead. :) 

2 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

In Journey mode, many stages will change play speed after a certain amount of lines; sometimes faster, sometimes slower. It can be a bit of a surprise at first but you eventually learn when the changes will happen and can plan ahead. :) 

Ahhh cool, cheers.  I wondered if it was something I was doing.  Seems brutal at this stage with an hour of play under the belt!

I'm beginning to think that this might just be Tetris perfection.

The music works so well, it's incredible to think that it is procedural. The way it builds up the pressure as the round continues is immense.

Each type of game is well thought out, I don't think any of them are bad which is so unusual. Typically I've found in the past that, when different modes are shoehorned into Tetris, they are simply gimmicks and instead you end up just playing the base game. Not so in this. There's something for everyone, every skill level.

The online side is handled smoothly, high scores for every game, the group challenge, even orbit is a neat touch. A lack of versus mode was initially disappointing, but then I thought it would likely drive traffic away from the main game and high scores and community challenge events.

And I've still not tried VR!

It's all connected, we're all together in this life, don't you forget it.

I mentioned this on Twitter but back-to-back Tetrises can be a pretty reliable way to get SS grades in the more "normal" Effect modes such as Quick Play and the "Playlist" modes. There's quite an interesting minigame involved in reliably getting a Tetris every time though; sometimes there would be unavoidable holes in some of my four rows - preventing a potential Tetris -  so I'd have to "block up" the I-piece gap and start a new set of four rows on top of it, or something :lol: Generally, however, it's not too bad. :) 

2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I mentioned this on Twitter but back-to-back Tetrises can be a pretty reliable way to get SS grades in the more "normal" Effect modes such as Quick Play and the "Playlist" modes. There's quite an interesting minigame involved in reliably getting a Tetris every time though; sometimes there would be unavoidable holes in some of my four rows - preventing a potential Tetris -  so I'd have to "block up" the I-piece gap and start a new set of four rows on top of it, or something :lol: Generally, however, it's not too bad. :) 

I got an SS rank on the Sea effect mode earlier through nailing back to back tetris’s through the first 3 levels. Only failing with some singles and a few doubles towards the end of the last level thanks to some poor planned placement. Very satisfying. 

I've been dipping into this in the evenings and it's pretty amazing how your brain slowly improves at the game. Last night I completed Marathon mode (i.e. get to 150 lines), at speed 16 or something. I used to think it was impossible! Before that I'd only ever made it to 100 lines and maybe speed 11. I came very close to finishing Area 5 on normal without dying too (2 lines from victory grrr!). I even managed to get a C on the superfast Effect mode which I'd thought was beyond mere Tetris mortals such as myself.

And in these sessions I've definitely been in the zone a few times. Where my brain switches off and I'm just rattling through blocks as fast as they can fling them at me. Before you know it 8 minutes have passed and you've achieved feats you thought utterly impossible. I'm finally starting to see how people get so good at the game. I'm still not at the stage of managing reliable combos yet alone venture into the world of T-spins - but I can make reliable Tetrises and just surviving these speeds is a big step forward. It's really satisfying and rewarding to see how you're progressing, because Tetris is so simple at its core it's very easy to see your improvements over time.

Its a game I put on to have a quick few rounds on my favourite stages and 3 hours later I'm still playing.

Little tip for anyone who hasn't done much in Effect mode - quite a few of the modes have songs that aren't in Journey mode. My favourite is the tune in the 3 minute mode, but last night I also found out the World, Sea and Wind playlists have new songs as well.

I really hope they add more songs to this, I'd pay for new song packs - new visual stages would be nice too but songs is what'll keep me coming back in the long run.

7 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

When do the rituals start and end? A few times I've played on a Sunday and got no ritual.

Not sure exactly but I played on Saturday evening and it said 14 hours were remaining, so you’ll want to play on Saturdays.

In Japan it starts 10pm Saturday night and finishes 10pm Sunday. If the goal is met before 10pm the ritual continues anyway; the 1989 skin unlocks and the game claims that rare avatar drop rates improve. 

It seems to be a global game so adjust for your local time I guess.