Tetris Effect - Xbox Series X|S now Connected on Game Pass!

Celebrated moving in to my new flat, and getting the PS4 hooked up, by throwing myself into All Clear mode, which I love to bits. Finally got my first ever SS rank in this game 8-). Tried to do the same in Combo mode, and I've managed 112. I think (not sure) that SS rank is 120. Consistently getting 90-110. Ooh, it's a bastard.

Can't wait to try out Connected mode when it comes to PS4 (although I've been struggling in Tetris 99 recently). I love Tetris, I do.

12 hours ago, hub2 said:

Is it just me or does this not control quite as well as Tetis 99? Might just be me not used to the new pad or rotations on different buttons. 

I bet it feels perfect after a few hours with it. 

I mean you’re probably right. 

I guess 99 is all about control whereas this is all about the audio visual experience so I would expect the control to be less centre stage. 

First time playing this and maybe in missing something. As someone else commented, it feels very sluggish for a Tetris game control wise and that laggy/jerky transition between stages really puts me off. Plus the actual play area is tiny. I get it's trying to show off the effects but it seems ludicrous playing on a 49 inch screen and having less than a quarter of it for the action. 

20 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

First time playing this and maybe in missing something. As someone else commented, it feels very sluggish for a Tetris game control wise and that laggy/jerky transition between stages really puts me off. Plus the actual play area is tiny. I get it's trying to show off the effects but it seems ludicrous playing on a 49 inch screen and having less than a quarter of it for the action. 

Use the left stick and zoom in then. A feature I found by accident.

@HarryBizzle yes, it’s play anywhere.

WOW. Just been playing this. Why have I not before now... Also I probably need to get this in VR ASAP.

EDIT Damn seems to be only available on PC from the Epic store at £32! :) Spent too much this month already so will have to wait a bit. Not as if I don't have enough to play at the moment... 

Can't believe this is part of GamePass. 

Been playing this regularly since 2018 and I love it, can’t wait for the update to come to PlayStation next year. Any Xbone/PC people familiar with the PS4 version noticed many changes beyond the multiplayer stuff?

I’m so jealous that you’re all playing this now :D

9 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

If you haven’t already, add me on Xbox “sir stiff one” so I actually have some friend scores to compete with. 

Don’t listen to him, he just wants to be top of an even longer list.

(considering I still play regularly, and occasionally still beat my own best scores even if I haven’t beaten yours - I am considering this a snub)

edit - might as well add while I’m here, why would you want to start from 0 on your progress towards 1,000,000 rotations? I recently checked mine and it’s still only at 620,000. Starting over on a new version would be such a monumental setback, I don’t care if I have to wait until next summer.

I see.

Well then, I guess I will be removing your old handle from my list - no hard feelings.

(and then I, Darwock, can once again be at the top!)

Scratch that, would you believe it - I just beat your score! Funny how things go!

• Cyhwuhx changed the title to Tetris Effect - Xbox Series X|S now Connected on Game Pass!