IGNORED

Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls

Wallace

40 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

It also has tanks and flying vehicles (the latter seem to be on some of the other maps too :facepalm:), and good luck taking those out with some of the weapons you spawn with.

And no luck needed with some of the other weapons you spawn with. That's fiesta for you.

Wow I was shite in Fiesta :lol:

I'm looking forward to Forge when they eventually launch that.

On Halo 3 we used to play a mode on one of the desert maps with everyone partnered up on Mongooses/Mongeese? and Rocket Launchers, could work amazing as an Oddball match

2 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

fuck me this game is hard online. I just die all the time

You wil start to last longer and kill quicker as you go on. Unless you've played all the Halos all the time o er the last few years, this one has more of a learning curve to it than it used to. I'm also assuming you've not played your 10 ranked matches yet, which means you'll potentially be in with Diamond and Onyx class who have yet to play their 10.

The more I play it, the more I love it. This will be my game of choice for the next few months!

If you want to get a leg up on strategies, or just learn cool routes round the maps it’s well worth checking out some of the HCS games that went on last weekend. Open qualifiers for EU, NA and ANC are all up on twitch under the Halo channel. Probably on YouTube as well I suppose.

The big NA teams also have ‘team skins’ which is actually the best use I’ve seen for skins as it makes them look like a proper team as it were.

The one weird thing is that you always see from one teams point of view in the sense of the colours (obviously they show povs from both sides). This makes in a bit weird to watch as you wonder sometimes why they are shooting blue and ignoring red!

A challenge sent me into ranked mode which I didn’t think would be for me. Surprised how intense and fun it was. Ended up playing 5 matches. Went 20 - 9 in one and then pretty much had that reversed in the next. 🥲

6 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I’m getting ever so slightly better though I’m still shit. Was that you @Fonduein my game tonight?

It was! Also being less than stellar. 

Oddly after the game I checked and it said you were offline: I do wonder if my friends online list isn't always accurate. 

Had some good games on this (got the achievement for 2 flag captures in a match last night - a Halo first for me!) but as I'm not in a fireteam, I tend to be rather inconsistent, especially if I'm put in a bad team!

Anyone fancy a few games this evening around 930/10ish?

I could potentially be on around 9:30/10. No Gold though (yet) so I don’t think I’d be able to join partay chat (which is no bad thing, my craic is as appalling as my aim). 

edit: also this is the wrong thread.  There’s a thread for organising games somewhere. :)

14 hours ago, wev said:

On Halo 3 we used to play a mode on one of the desert maps with everyone partnered up on Mongooses/Mongeese? and Rocket Launchers

Rocket Racing I think? I remember that mode though, it was chaos.

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Fiesta shenanigans. I have been using weapons I wasn’t sure about which has been good but sometimes trusty rockets win the day

What a shot!  I would have been shouting and screaming at my telly if I had pulled that one off haha

Played a few games of the Fiesta Slayer playlist  earlier with my brother. Had an absolute riot. Lots of laughs, loving the small level design and random weapon rotation. Definitely think MS deserve a few quid off me for the Battle Pass. 

I played a few ranked matches and actually got a reasonable number of kills! I haven’t played an online shooter since Counterstrike Source, I forgot how thrilling it can be. :D

I’ve been using the sniper a bit more now due to fiesta as I hadn’t picked it up loads on these smaller maps. Like in Halo 5, the HUD for the sniper shows the 5x and 10x (well in 5 its’s 4x and 9x) but couldn’t remember if it told you how to switch between the 2 in this. It’s click the left stick/sprint if it wasn’t obvious for anyone.

50 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Cracking effort on CTF.👍

Not so great on oddball.🤣

that oddball game… 

@Fondue I haven’t got voice comms going with my headset I don’t think. 

Would voice comms be a thing in game even if I don’t have Gold does anyone know?  I’m guessing yes. 

Just now, geldra said:

Would voice comms be a thing in game even if I don’t have Gold does anyone know?  I’m guessing yes.

Before the kids had gold/GPU I’m sure they talked to their pals in free to play games like fortnite