IGNORED

Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls

Wallace

It's a time travel story. Halo Infinite. Chief finds a way to go back in time. All that co op in the first game... That was the chief who came back. Who saved Johnson? The chief who came back. This will end up on the original Halo. All those things you just got through... That was the other chief helping you from the wings. Think Back to the Future 2. Halo Infinite. It's a loop. A Halo.

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

"This isn't enough like CE!" "They should make the Multiplayer like Halo3" "Master Chief should be retired!"  "343 don't understand Halo!" "Reach was the last Halo!" "Halo 2 was shit!" "Fuck Nathan Fillian!" "You should always play as Master Chief!" "What about the Halo 2 demo?!"

Halo: Infinite.

Oi, you cheeky bastard! I just thought it'd be a nice easter egg for the fans if they included. I wasn't expecting people to tell me I was wrong!

Anyway, I'm up for giving 343 another chance. I've said it before, but I believe they're technically capable of giving us a decent Halo, as they've done a lot of stuff really well. They've also done a lot of stuff badly though. I think the problem they've had in the past is that they've wanted to stamp their own mark on it. New story, new characters, new enemies. I think they probably know now that a lot of that didn't work out, so they've gone back to the drawing board.

Good on them for being brave enough to cut the story dead after Halo 5 and take us in a new direction. I just hope they pull it off.

Watch that Halo ring from the teaser to be crawling with Prometheans now.

19 hours ago, JPL said:

Oi, you cheeky bastard! I just thought it'd be a nice easter egg for the fans if they included. I wasn't expecting people to tell me I was wrong!

Anyway, I'm up for giving 343 another chance. I've said it before, but I believe they're technically capable of giving us a decent Halo, as they've done a lot of stuff really well. They've also done a lot of stuff badly though. I think the problem they've had in the past is that they've wanted to stamp their own mark on it. New story, new characters, new enemies. I think they probably know now that a lot of that didn't work out, so they've gone back to the drawing board.

Good on them for being brave enough to cut the story dead after Halo 5 and take us in a new direction. I just hope they pull it off.

Watch that Halo ring from the teaser to be crawling with Prometheans now.

Sorry mate, it wasn't a dig at you. :)

Unfortunately, I think that we're at the point where it's likely impossible for a Halo game to satisfy everyone. No matter what 343 do, I think some will be unhappy with what they get. Personally, I've enjoyed the lot to varying degrees and am definitely up for seeing what they do next. 

I half expected Halo 5 part 2 to be announced a year or so ago, same engine, models and so on, maybe get the B-team on that and finish the story while 343 get to work on an Halo 6/Infinite.  I've no idea how much work that would reduce - to use an existing framework. 

I guess this Halo problem is one thing that Gears doesn't suffer with, since they are on a course to constantly make the next game even more Gears-y. 

Just had a quick thought. 

Halo Infinite could well feature a reprise of Warden Eternal - welcome, Warden Infinite. That's one thing that I think nobody wants to see.

13 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Halo Infinite could well feature a reprise of Warden Eternal - welcome, Warden Infinite. That's one thing that I think nobody wants to see.

I could live with it, as long as I don't have to fight him an infinite number of times.

20 minutes ago, snowbind said:

I think this will be a Halo take on Destiny. 

Being Halo's 'Breath of the Wild' is my favourite idea. Emerging from the escape pod in the original game is very similar to emerging from the shrine of resurrection in BOTW. A beautiful, mysterious world laid out before you. Seemingly infinite possibilities for adventure and discovery.

15 minutes ago, Pob said:

Seemingly infinite possibilities for adventure and discovery.

Reality: lots of slogging across a mosty empty landscape.

I don't get the current obsession with making everything into an open world game. I'm also surprised at the lack of Halo fatigue - do people seriously want to be Master Chief again, running around Halos? Doesn't it feel played out? It's odd to think of playing Halo 26 and being all 'can't wait for Halo 27'.

I'm also surprised that people are losing their minds over an engine demo which may in no way be representative of the final product, because you can render an engine on anything - not just the target hardware. Right now it could be running on 2 GTX 1080tis with 18gb of RAM. You're not looking at the game.

MS got me to buy an XBox just for Halo CE. Money well spent.

Then they got me to buy a Bone for Halo 5. More fool me.

It will take more than a Halo CE retread to get me to buy whatever box this comes out on. Though probably not much more.

7 hours ago, Purin said:

They aren't cutting the story dead after Halo 5. It's a direct continuation.

I fucking hope not. Bring Cortana back from being mental. Ditch the Prometheans. Get rid of that stupid Fucking Warden. Cut the amount of indetikit weapons back and have each gun useful for different scenarios. Have wide open levels in the vein of Silent Cartographer / Assault on the Control Room. And probably a load of other stuff I've forgotten.

Where have you read it's a direct continuation?

I've always felt halo was overrated. They were decent, sure, but I remember playing the first halo on release and thinking "is this it?". I was much more impressed with splinter cell, which I also got bundled with the console. I'd been playing fps on pc for years, though, so nothing halo did was that new or impressive.  

I also don't like Master Chief as a character. He's as bland as bland can be. That's probably why ODST is my favourite halo - decent characters. I never played reach, which I regret as it always seemed to be right up my street for the same reason as ODST. 

Will probably still get this, though.  

16 minutes ago, JPL said:

I fucking hope not. Bring Cortana back from being mental. Ditch the Prometheans. Get rid of that stupid Fucking Warden. Cut the amount of indetikit weapons back and have each gun useful for different scenarios. Have wide open levels in the vein of Silent Cartographer / Assault on the Control Room. And probably a load of other stuff I've forgotten.

From here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

"the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5."

17 minutes ago, JPL said:

From the very first post in this thread. 

30 minutes ago, Orko said:

I've always felt halo was overrated. They were decent, sure, but I remember playing the first halo on release and thinking "is this it?". I was much more impressed with splinter cell, which I also got bundled with the console. I'd been playing fps on pc for years, though, so nothing halo did was that new or impressive.  

I also don't like Master Chief as a character. He's as bland as bland can be. That's probably why ODST is my favourite halo - decent characters. I never played reach, which I regret as it always seemed to be right up my street for the same reason as ODST. 

The first Halo is an epoch in console fps games.

51 minutes ago, Orko said:

You never played it on Legendary, did you?

• Kryptonian changed the title to Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls