IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

13 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

This IS the Halo infinite thread...maybe what you want, is halo MP thread

There is that, yeah. It’s usually generally accepted that some people don’t want spoilers to games that are yet to be released or have just been released. People have different sensitivity to spoilers so I was trying to be mindful of them.

Y'know, I think it's true that the only thing to complain about right now is the battle pass. Everything else is pretty sweet, minor weapon balance quibbles aside.

So I'm gonna complain about it again. I just got a weekly for fifteen kills... with the shade turret. In PVP. This would probably take me days to complete at the rate it took for me to get one kill last time it showed up.

The charged plasma pistol + pistol is a wicked combo at midrange 1 on 1

One charged shot to drop the sheild and a couple of pistol shots and they go down so quickly.

I got the impression players aren't quite aware of how potent this combo is as they charged straight at me with their assault rifles...

Mind you i didn't realise that use ammo all the time you hold the trigger down with the plasma pistol

5 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

There is that, yeah. It’s usually generally accepted that some people don’t want spoilers to games that are yet to be released or have just been released. People have different sensitivity to spoilers so I was trying to be mindful of them.

I think a thread where you can talk campaign spoilers should be separate.  I'll create one if no one else has nearer the time.

After a mammoth session grinding through the ranks yesterday, this is going to quite easily be my favourite Halo game. Made my way up to Diamond 4 and had a blast all the way. My only gripe with the gameplay is the lack collisions with other players; you just phase through rather than blocking each other which makes certain CQC and melee scenarios really frustrating. They have acknowledged this and are keeping an eye on it though so hopefully it gets changed soon.

A nice sequence here:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wallbob/video/147193072

Noscope:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wallbob/video/147192422

AI likes the grapple play:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wallbob/video/147192662

And some excellent ragdolling

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wallbob/video/147192713

24 minutes ago, Wallace said:

After a mammoth session grinding through the ranks yesterday, this is going to quite easily be my favourite Halo game. Made my way up to Diamond 4 and had a blast all the way. My only gripe with the gameplay is the lack collisions with other players; you just phase through rather than blocking each other which makes certain CQC and melee scenarios really frustrating. They have acknowledged this and are keeping an eye on it though so hopefully it gets changed soon.

That melee rag doll thing is literally all they need to fix to make it solid AF. The rest is all gravy.

played this tonight and enjoyed it with two other mates. We always used to play in death match with everyone vs everyone else - but cant seem to do that and now either have to be red team or blue team. As there are only 3 of us that gets quite frustrating as someone is always on their own.. Any ideas of how we can have three teams - or a team each?

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Played Oddball and CTF for the first time and was surprised how much I enjoyed them. I really should learn where the weapons spawn on the map though, I tend to only use the default rifle.

Hit down on the d-pad to briefly highlight key elements around you, including weapon racks. 

Had a decent crack on this last night. Been ages since I played a Halo game a took a while to get used to the high ttk again but thoroughly enjoyed it all. Nice to have a tactical 4v4 objective shooter but also nice to have BTB for the chilled lols. Still getting used to all the weapons. Feels like the DMRs aren't as dominate as they used to be and the plasma weapons are more important for taking down shields, more like Halo 1 in that regard which is good because it's a chunk of the game's identify. Technically it's great (XSX), super solid graphics and 60fps. I think this could be "the one" for a while.

9 hours ago, Azrael said:

Why isn't there a Slayer only playlist, objective games are mostly shit and i don't want to play them. 

Also phasing through team mates is weird 

you literally can choose the map and game mode combination you want - GL with the matchmaking if you’re going to do that though

The standard of opponents seems a lot lower in BTB. Must be where the more casual players go. Which makes sense, I would only play 4v4 if I have teammates because it's a much, much better game, but if I'm on my own I might jump into BTB because teamwork doesn't matter as much, because no one can properly coordinate in 12v12.

I've never played Halo before. I've never really liked the campaigns so I didn't bother. I always tended to like larger scale games like Battlefield so I could just be a minor cog in a big mechanism.

Turns out I really, really like this Halo MP. Especially the big team matches. I don't think there's an objective mode in those I haven't been having fun with. I'm normally not so good with PvP FPS games. My old man reflexes aren't so hot and the super fast time to kill in most of those don't really suit me and they get frustrating.

But I seem to be getting better and better at Halo MP. The last match I did (Total control) I think was my best yet.

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-11-21-10-28-08-1

So proud of my killing spree medal.

11 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Created a campaign discussion thread for those of you who want to discuss with spoilers

Is the new thread the spoilers thread? Is this still the thread for those who want to discuss the game more generally, without spoilers? Or is this now the multiplayer thread?

Ranking doesn’t work how I imagine. From playing last night, I now know that I have to play 10 ranked mode matches in order to get a rank. So once I’ve passed that milestone, is the rank I get the one I keep forever? Or will it fluctuate the more I play?

Is quickplay rank-aware? So, if once I’ve been given a rank, will all game modes matchmake me against opponents of similar rank? Or only ranked mode? 

I’m also still not quite sure I understand battlepass. I notice that every now and again my XP bar increases. I assume XP contributes towards, um, passing the battle? And once I pass, I unlock all the rewards for that season? Which will reset at the start of the next season?

11 minutes ago, Popo said:

Or will it fluctuate the more I play?

It will yes.

You could play your 10 games and get a platinum rank but if you then lose a lot and/or play badly you could drop to gold. Or if you play better, go up to diamond.

If quick play is like social in Halo 5 it was always touted as not been rank dependant I think.

As far as I understand it, yes.

Though it feels like it varies a little, had two team slayer matches in a row (I'm currently Bronze 3) first one I was absolute bobbins and our team were slaughtered, second match, different players, we won't 50-20 and my K/D was 11/4

Just now, spatular said:

i'd assumed all the modes would have rank, even if it was hidden, pretty sure that's 3/reach worked, but i'm not sure about the 343 ones so could easily be wrong. i had a quick look to try and find out but didn't see anything conclusive.

If it's like Halo 5 then it will be there in the background but just not as tight so you could potentially against people even better/worse than you compared to Ranked.

I’m really enjoying this now. My K/D ratio is almost always positive and generally speaking there’s a little less messing around from team mates who want to win the battle rather than rack up kills or hang around doing nothing waiting for a wasp or weapon to spawn.

I think I still need to do more experimenting with scoped settings as I’m finding it a little too floaty still.

My main concerns are longevity related.

Despite the changes the progression and bonkers decision not to award XP for solo and team performance leaves you feeling very underwhelmed to get a paltry 50XP for being top of the scoreboard.

They obviously need to release more maps ASAP. The cynic in me suggests that launching the multiplayer early and f2p was to detract from the relativity slim pickings content wise. If it had shipped with this little content as a paid for game then people wouldn’t be very happy about it. Still, there’s a lot of weapons and vehicles at least. 

I am quite surprised how few people chat on this game, too. I suspect having voice chat off by default in settings may be a cause.

• Kryptonian changed the title to Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls