IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

15 minutes ago, Purin said:

Anyone else sit there like a lemon for a few good minutes after a match, forgetting to press play?

Not exactly, though I do hit play then go and check the upcoming challenges or back out to look at something and because I didn't give it three seconds grace it just cancels the matchmaking. Fine if you wait three seconds, gets uppity if you don't.

On 29/11/2021 at 12:45, Benny said:

If people get tired of me posting these let me know, but here's a few more ridiculous Halo nonsense clips:

Reveal hidden contents

I did not know you could swap seats - what button is that?

54 minutes ago, Purin said:

Anyone else sit there like a lemon for a few good minutes after a match, forgetting to press play?

Do you think this is the lesser evil? Autolaunching (while being the norm) has its own issues 

34 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Looks great, but one tiny thing that's been bugging me for ages is the static foliage. Most open world games have wind blowing things around these days, but it looks really lifeless in this without it. I wonder why they haven't implemented it.

3 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Whatever I had to hand. I like that you get random weapons each respawn. Managed to get a couple of sniper kills on moving targets which is a miracle in itself. I usually need a few hours at least to line up a shot.

But which one did you get most kills with? Was there one you found more effective? 

2 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Just hit 26 kills in a Team Slayer match.

This is the most kills I have had on a match. Unfortunately the game type was oddball. But fuck playing the objective I just want to improve my k/d. 😀

79882862-D507-4650-88D1-AE3BE602DD85.jpeg

Just now, ilpostino said:

If we had proper stat tracking like we had way back in Halo 3 (I think H2 had some stuff too), you'd be able to find out. 

https://halotracker.com/halo-infinite/profile/xbl/Kryptonian/overview

has lots of stats so they are available, I assume waypoint will be updated to show them at some point like they did for halo 5.

53 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Yeah, that’s what I mean. The game is logging this stuff so it will presumably show up in Waypoint (the official halo app/site)

The game is actually recording the matches in game files wholesale. I did not appreciate this until today. I can relive the entire match in all its glory. I remember this was a thing in halo 3 but I had not played halo since then and assumed they were not doing that anymore. It is tucked away in an unassuming menu. I wish all games did this even in single player. More fun than watching the video recording of game play would be to watch for example a boss fight with free camera control. 

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

You may as well ask me what I had for lunch on 27th February 1987. 

Is there a weapon you think you are better with in fiesta matches in general? I seem to only do well with either rockets or the sword. I wish there was a method or pattern to the weapon rotation rather than random. It seems like a lucky team has a huge advantage. But maybe the weapons are balanced better than I realise and the issue might just be how familiar I am with each weapon.