IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

15 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

No metagame survives being free to play. Just gotta enjoy the gamegame, and ignore the skinner box coating. The raw game is good enough.

Yea, you’re not wrong. But having just got to level 1 of 100 after a couple of weeks is kinda dispiriting. I just want to feel good for 30 minutes in the evening after a busy day of work, throw us a bone 343!

8 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

https://halotracker.com/halo-infinite/profile/xbl/Kryptonian/overview

has lots of stats so they are available, I assume waypoint will be updated to show them at some point like they did for halo 5.

I wish they recorded fewer stats,  most notably K/D in objective games. For those that care about it,  it means they won't play the objective.  For those who are prioritising the objective in every game, it means that their overall stats may suffer. 

This has been the case in Halo since stats were tracked, I'm not sure why they haven't changed it somehow, especially since they appear to be able to track every single detail of every game. 

5 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I wish they recorded fewer stats,  most notably K/D in objective games. For those that care about it,  it means they won't play the objective.  For those who are prioritising the objective in every game, it means that their overall stats may suffer. 

This has been the case in Halo since stats were tracked, I'm not sure why they haven't changed it somehow, especially since they appear to be able to track every single detail of every game. 

Yeah they shouldn’t be tracked in objective games and like you said it’s always been the case. In Halo 2 you’d always get someone from the other team in the post game lobby saying that although we won we were shit as they got 27 kills like it mattered in that game type 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Yeah they shouldn’t be tracked in objective games and like you said it’s always been the case. In Halo 2 you’d always get someone from the other team in the post game lobby saying that although we won we were shit as they got 27 kills like it mattered in that game type 🤷🏻‍♂️

Isn't part of the problem that the K/D ratio seems to have a greater influence on points scored within games (and therefore placing in the ranking table) than actually taking care of the objectives?  I've had a number of games where I've had loads more time with the Oddball, or captured more zones/flags than other players, but place less well because I'm not getting as many kills in the process.

I think even on games with objectives if one player in your team is decimating the other team you’d have an easier time achieving the objective. I think the only game mode where this would not work is controlling the zones. 

I noticed this too (Dapple Post).

You should place on the scoreboard based on the particularly objectives for the game type you are playing.  There should also be MVP’s for the winning team, again scored against the objectives.  Problem sorted.

Edit:  That is a good point I had not thought about though Oz, in that it is definitely much easier to achieve objectives if somebody is obliterating the opposing team.

16 minutes ago, Oz said:

I think even on games with objectives if one player in your team is decimating the other team you’d have an easier time achieving the objective. I think the only game mode where this would not work is controlling the zones. 

Yep, a good point. And there are definitely times when I'm happy to play a more supporting role, especially in Oddball or CTF.

19 minutes ago, Oz said:

I think playing a supportive role is one thing, but if they're next to the oddball and nobody else is and they won't pick it up and then the other team do, that kinda sucks. See also: Won't score a flag, won't return a flag, won't support people carrying the flag/oddball, and that does happen. I lost a round of oddball yesterday because our guy wouldn't pick the ball up at their feet when we needed less than 5 seconds carry time to win the round. I just don't think people who're playing K/D slayer on objective games are contributing much to the team effort. I'd wager that anyone who's good enough to make a real dent in another team would be able to judge when to drop the flag/ball and keep the massacre going rather than just outright ignoring objectives. 

2 hours ago, Dapple said:

Isn't part of the problem that the K/D ratio seems to have a greater influence on points scored within games (and therefore placing in the ranking table) than actually taking care of the objectives?  I've had a number of games where I've had loads more time with the Oddball, or captured more zones/flags than other players, but place less well because I'm not getting as many kills in the process.

Oh I don’t know, I don’t look at the position or the points on the board :lol:

1st time I headshot with the Skewer, and the little "Sniper" notification popped-up, I felt better than if I'd done it with the Sniper rifle. So, I tried again, to see if I could do it deliberately rather than luckily. And, it happened again. I now love that weapon!

If 343 are looking for tat to pad out their battle pass with then Halo usually has tons of lovely concept art. Stick that in there as loading screens you can get instead of boosts and swaps, as I'm bored of that top down view of a canyon.

So far I'm considering ranking Halo Infinite as my game of the year, and the campaign isn't even out yet. So I guess what I'm saying is the campaign could be irredeemable garbage and it wouldn't affect my decision much when the Rllmuk yearly awards come around. (No I'm not doing them)

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Oh I don’t know, I don’t look at the position or the points on the board :lol:

After having a sneaky game of ranked Slayer at lunchtime where I got absolutely schooled I'm now all in for never looking at my K/D ratio...  Sometimes you have a game where you just can't catch a break.

Scoring in objective games is always going to be difficult. In a flag game is the person who is doing nothing but is lucky enough to spawn in the base 3 times just as the flag carrier goes down and scores, the MVP? Or is it the one who carried it the most distance, or is it the guy that takes out the people trying to stop the flag carrier each time, or is it the guy who suicides in to get a flag pull denying the opposing team the opportunity to score?

Which is why I hate the fact that there is even the notion of a score.

• Kryptonian changed the title to Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls