Quake

Quake 3

Unreal Tournament (2003/4 or original)

Team Fortress 2

Halo 3

Battlefield 3/4

Overwatch

Titanfall 1/2

These are 9 others I can think of, so I could definitely fit it into a top 10 somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

Strong words, but it's definitely up there... Lets look at the competition:

Counterstrike (any version)

Quake

Quake 3

Unreal Tournament (2003/4 or original)

Team Fortress 2

Halo 3

Battlefield 3/4

Overwatch

Titanfall 2

These are 9 others I can think of, so I could definitely fit it into a top 10 somewhere.

You spelt quake 2 wrong

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 still the kings for me but this is seriously good and has come out the gate playing and feeling rock solid.

The very high time-to-kill in Halo, what with the recharging shields and all, means it plays very differently to pretty much every arena multiplayer FPS out there and there’s an extra layer of tactical forethought required for each engagement. Not to mention the vehicles and power weapons and how much they add to the overall sandbox.

Seeing as Battlefield has shit the bed and Titanfall is nowhere to be seen I think this will be my multiplayer shooter of choice for quite a while, as long as they sort out the playlists and enable crossplay to be turned off so cheating PC players don’t ruin it.

8 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Last game we played matched us up with some good players which is always annoying!!

We were definitely carrying a couple of players on that match

I've joined with you, Kryp and Frodo but have I inadvertently caused the matchmaking to fail due to being Silver?

Edit: ah of course, mid match.

4 minutes ago, JPL said:

What’s happening with the motion tracker on this? I can’t say I’ve noticed it doing that when I’ve played.

It was fine when I was playing. I am playing on PC and recording the gameplay using NVIDIA and while watching the match in theater mode. something about this combo causes the glitch. audio is all fucked up as well as you can hear the feeds of multiple players. still this theater mode is the absolute dog's bollocks as you can see the match from the perspective of the enemy team. which is outstanding. I can't believe this is not a thing on all games to be honest. 

Oddball is just awful... I lose the will to play each time it comes up, and it seems to come up loads.   It's a game mode that's so at odds with the lovely flowing map design, really annoying when devs force stuff like this on players.

Oddball is fine. Oddball for 50% of your matches, though? I had 1*CTF, 2*Slayer, 2*Strongholds, and 5*Oddball in my 10 ranking matches. I think the bias should be heavier towards Slayer, or just more even overall.

How come it's going to take time to add a Fiesta playlist? It has literally already been in the game, just last week. What exactly could be left to do to add it at this point? 

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I’ve really got into oddball since being forced to play it. Never got into it before but really like it now. The two rounds and only needing to get to 100 is a great change they have made for this iteration.

Same, previous halo's I hated oddball, but i've actually been enjoying it on this.

Not playing on ranked much myself.

1 hour ago, stan said:

does voice chat not work on this? also, does anyone else get constant 'controller disconnected' even when the controller is plugged in?

Think you have to enable your mic in the audio settings menu (or at least enable something in the audio menu).  I’ve not heard that many people speaking though. 

8 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

Oddball is fine. Oddball for 50% of your matches, though? I had 1*CTF, 2*Slayer, 2*Strongholds, and 5*Oddball in my 10 ranking matches. I think the bias should be heavier towards Slayer, or just more even overall.

How come it's going to take time to add a Fiesta playlist? It has literally already been in the game, just last week. What exactly could be left to do to add it at this point? 

Jeff Gerstmann said at first he thought the playlist complaints were a bit overblown on the Bombcast, then realised that he was quitting CTF matches every time he got one and admitted that this would be having a detrimental effect on the rest of his team.

They’ve said that one of the things that stops them easily adding and subtracting playlists is UI considerations which is a bit WTF for a live service game that they’ve stated they plan to use as their platform for a decade.

The other reason they’ve given is that slayer always end up being the the most popular playlist and they wanted to increase the population of objective games. Their approach really isn’t the way to do this though. If you force people to play modes they don’t enjoy, while some may grit their teeth and do them a lot a more  are likely to just quit the match types they don’t want or just abandon the game altogether and go play a title that just lets you choose to spend you time doing what you enjoy.