Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

2 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

17 kills for that made me feel like I'd been cursed. Yet I did it. All for something I did not even want.

The 17 wins? If I had the weekend to do it I probably would’ve but I did the last of the normal challenges this morning before work so there was no time to try really.

I never even made it to the final challenge this week. I’m logging in and only playing for an hour or so each night.
Got most of the challenges sorted on my first 3 nights. Only had 10 Sword Kills and win 3 Oddball matches. Easily doable I thought!! Only got three Oddball matches over the rest of the week and didn’t win any!! Week before it was raining Oddball!! 

23 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

I never even made it to the final challenge this week. I’m logging in and only playing for an hour or so each night.
Got most of the challenges sorted on my first 3 nights. Only had 10 Sword Kills and win 3 Oddball matches. Easily doable I thought!! Only got three Oddball matches over the rest of the week and didn’t win any!! Week before it was raining Oddball!! 

I managed the challenge but mainly because I work from home and my wife has been addicted to Stardew Valley on PC so I just hammered it after work as we chatted between the games (her pc is in the front room).

It's such a weird business model too, like if you made progression random and annoying and then gave players a way to make it less random for money - that would be shitty and underhanded, but would at least make sense in a mercenary way.

In this spending money on a challenge swap gets you nothing, you still have to deal with complete randomness of "oh I hope I get the mode I want and the weapon/vehicle spawns somewhere in the level and I can get it and get kills with it", you might get something worse! What's the point?

Based on having worked on [non games-]projects which have overrun, I'm going to guess that virtually everyone involved was aware the system was inadequate, but any time that had been allocated to tuning it was thrown away in favour of just getting out something that "works". Of course, that's exactly what a true beta test would be ideal for, but a severely curtailed "open beta" like this with real cash money purchases? Not so much.

...and now I'm just thinking of the project that I'm still supporting at work three months after it was supposed to be handed over because it was decided that the two years of development it had had meant we couldn't afford to take a fortnight to UAT the thing, and instead pushed it live immediately with the idea that we'd just pick up errors 'as they came'. Eugh.

31 minutes ago, Oz said:

I mean...

with these discounts....

would be silly not to buy some....

take advantage of my exclusive discounts....

image.thumb.png.7a016973f71368ee2fc698f4b3215bdf.png

Sir, I would like to advertise my patented 'Farts in a Jar'(tm). For only £60, I will blow off and capture the gas in an old Bonne Maman jam jar exclusive for you.

PM me for more details.

3 hours ago, Dave White said:

so the NZ trick won't work as they have the launch locked down. New Zealand launches on the 9th.

🙄

unlocks everywhere simultaneously. So 6pm tomorrow UK time + however long it takes to download it. 

Am I being dim? Halo Infinite (Campaign) is available on game pass, and Halo Infinite is what I have installed, so they’ve got different names. But when I click on the game pass jobby my only option is to ‘manage’, which shows me the ‘base game’, which is installed, and nothing else. 

It’s not available to preload yet, despite appearances, right? Is it possible 343 are still working on a build? 😂

Edit - strange doings are conspiring. An update just queued, but by the time I’d freed up disk space, it was gone!

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

Am I being dim? Halo Infinite (Campaign) is available on game pass, and Halo Infinite is what I have installed, so they’ve got different names. But when I click on the game pass jobby my only option is to ‘manage’, which shows me the ‘base game’, which is installed, and nothing else. 

It’s not available to preload yet, despite appearances, right? Is it possible 343 are still working on a build? 😂

It's different. Look for the one called 'Halo Infinite' without 'season one' written on it.

Prob won't work anyway.

Edit: oh hang on you've tried that already.

4 minutes ago, Shook said:

It's different. Look for the one called 'Halo Infinite' without 'season one' written on it.

Prob won't work anyway.

Edit: oh hang on you've tried that already.

To be honest I can only see one Halo Infinite listing in the game pass browser. 

Not sure if it’s my Xbox or the MS network, but shit is slow and laggy. 

1 minute ago, Popo said:

To be honest I can only see one Halo Infinite listing in the game pass browser. 

Not sure if it’s my Xbox or the MS network, but shit is slow and laggy. 

There's def two.

It doesn't work though.

This from Eurogamer (today)

On Xbox consoles, there is currently no method to pre-load the game at the time of writing. Only the multiplayer version of the game is available, with no campaign option either as an add-on or as a separate download as on PC. (We tried finding it on both the console and on the Xbox phone app, but no luck; the Xbox Game Pass app also has a campaign entry, but it currently doesn't download anything.)