IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

Worldwide simultaneous release.

Unlocked online..

With no pre-install available...

Of a game that people have waited 6 years for ........

Which also happens to be "free" for many, thus vastly increasing the potential server load .............

Enjoy your evenings, guys! I'll be avoiding Halo like the plague. That Kartrider Drift beta just got far more tempting.

Yeah. I like how thet say "technical limitations" but provide no context. I can assume they're not just bullshitting but without giving more than "cos" or "we can't timegate it cos reasons even if other games have done this including our biggest contemporary COD" people gonna get pissed.

Kind of glad I had to change a day off I had booked for tomorrow (still got Thurs and Fri) so I'm not constantly refresging the game pass app.

Screenshot_20211207-203331_kindlephoto-225182382.png

Screenshot_20211207-203542_kindlephoto-225315193.png

17 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Who here said they downloaded a 60gb campaign via gamepass, what was that then?

I don't remember who said it but the game pass app does list the campaign download as 60gb.

1507386399_Screenshot_20211207-2053322.thumb.png.6a11c59f80493f78ab072c6b143455d9.png

The question is whether this is the campaign, the whole package (including the ~20gb multiplayer) or what (or if it's just wrong).

Shame about the preload, seems like the sort of thing you wouldn't expect MS to screw up.

It’s obviously been through a massively troubled development. 6 years, including the year delay and all we’ve got is one biome, no replaying levels, no co-op and no forge, not to mention the no pre-load.

That the multiplayer is undeniably excellent and the campaign is getting majority positive reviews, I’m happy it’s not a total fuck up.

I’m sure all these things will be sorted in time, so as long as I enjoy the campaign and the multiplayer continues to be good fun, I don’t think there’s much to complain about.

Edit: What @Simmy just said.

6 hours ago, MattyP said:

DF PC overview...

EDIT TDLR; To get the same experience as you would on a Series X you will need a fairly substantial PC. 

SHOCK as "amd sponsored" game does not perform as it should on nvidia gpus...again...why you would choose amd to sponsor your biggest PC VERSION, when they have a tiny market share, and demonstrateabley make performance worse on the "competitor". idiotic insu;t to the actual pc market...

fuck it, it can wait until its fixed! like every other amd "sponsored" game...

20 minutes ago, Simmy said:

What's the rush here? Your Game Pass Subs running out on Thursday or something?

Talk about first world problems... I'm sure you'll all survive a few extra hours wait.

Didnt you say something the other day about setting your system clock to NZ timezone or something the other day? Ha! Busted!!!! 

Or maybe not :mellow:

21 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

SHOCK as "amd sponsored" game does not perform as it should on nvidia gpus...again...why you would choose amd to sponsor your biggest PC VERSION, when they have a tiny market share, and demonstrateabley make performance worse on the "competitor". idiotic insu;t to the actual pc market...

fuck it, it can wait until its fixed! like every other amd "sponsored" game...

honestly I do not have a fucking clue how they are reporting this as something noticeable. my gsync variable refresh monitor reports that (maxed out) the multiplayer flickers between 128 and 130 fps. I see the number flickering in my fps counter. otherwise this is invisible. 

39 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Talk about first world problems... I'm sure you'll all survive a few extra hours wait.

Its a big release and we have all mentally prepared (and likely logistically, I’ve planned my day around it) to be sat down playing it at 6pm. No, it’s not the end of the world but it’s not ideal.

26 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Probably something to do with the entire development of the game being on AMD based hardware. Don’t worry it’ll get patched as they always do.  

That and the AMD processor in the machine. Hell, I'd have been surprised if it wasn't optimised to high heaven on one of their cards. As you say, it'll get patched no worries, plus the general brute strength of the nVidia cards tends to bully anything in its path reasonably easily. 

However, I will be playing the thing on my Series X this time I think. I'm finding myself more and more being turned to the dark side of easy optimisation and games just running more or less fine, despite my PC being much more powerful in most ways. 

46 minutes ago, Kiwi Cake said:

I don't remember who said it but the game pass app does list the campaign download as 60gb.

1507386399_Screenshot_20211207-2053322.thumb.png.6a11c59f80493f78ab072c6b143455d9.png

The question is whether this is the campaign, the whole package (including the ~20gb multiplayer) or what (or if it's just wrong).

Shame about the preload, seems like the sort of thing you wouldn't expect MS to screw up.

Mine says 28gig for some reason.

039C8E09-7F6D-4A10-8C59-D4E4C181CDCD.jpeg

11 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Do you have to install MP bit or will the Campaign have a separate install?

Think the MP forms the base of the game - as campaign appears on the menu options. I expect the campaign bit will get patched into this tomorrow. Or at least that's my theory... :D 

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

While I'm not that bothered about waiting, when a game says it launches on Dec 8th, I think it's reasonable to be able to play it before 6pm.

Otherwise just say it launches Dec 9th.