IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

11 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

While I'm not that bothered about waiting, when a game says it launches on Dec 8th, I think it's reasonable to be able to play it before 6pm.

Otherwise just say it launches Dec 9th.

I don’t wanna stir shit up. But this does come across as entitled. It is launching earlier in some regions. Your complaint is either that they didn’t launch it one time zone at a time or that the earth is round.

I dunno, I get it. When most games have a release date, the digital versions are available/unlock as the clock ticks over 00:00.

In my younger days I’d book the day off work to play a game I was looking forward to, if I did that and then it wasn’t released or made available to download until the early evening I’d be irritated.

I’m not particularly bothered which day, it could be tomorrow, Friday or next week but I guess there’s a certain expectation of what happens on that day.

I think grumbling about the lack of a preload is completely fair and warranted, that's going to be frustrating for anyone who wants to play on the day (particularly those on slower connections, but I won't be surprised if even people with the fastest connection speeds going may find the servers failing to keep up). But in isolation the actual launch time is a non-issue: obviously with a simultaneous global launch everyone gets it at different times. And frankly, 18:00 is a pretty good time (or would be, if you could preload), what with it matching up to most people's end of workday.

No preload though, yeah, that's a killer.

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

Probably something to do with the entire development of the game being on AMD based hardware. Don’t worry it’ll get patched as they always do.  

Death Stranding and Horizon. Both use the same engine. One was a superb port that ran well on everything, the other a janky piece of shit which was awful on everything. Guess which was the AMD sponsored title and which the Nvidia one. AMD need to stop 'sponsoring' titles if what we get is a jank fest.

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

I think grumbling about the lack of a preload is completely fair and warranted, that's going to be frustrating for anyone who wants to play on the day (particularly those on slower connections, but I won't be surprised if even people with the fastest connection speeds going may find the servers failing to keep up). But in isolation the actual launch time is a non-issue: obviously with a simultaneous global launch everyone gets it at different times. And frankly, 18:00 is a pretty good time (or would be, if you could preload), what with it matching up to most people's end of workday.

No preload though, yeah, that's a killer.

Apex does this every fucking time. It sounds backwards but it actually reduces server impact.

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

On the upside it’s a smaller download size than we were expecting.

spacer.png

Someone earlier in the thread was talking bollocks about already being able to preload 60gb for the campaign.

I was just going on what an IGN article said a couple of days ago. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-game-pass-in-december-2021

I've been looking forward to this game for quite a while now and I'm getting pumped for tonight. It just hit me that we'll possibly see server issues again, with half the Xbox install base trying to launch the game at the same time. I know the campaign is singleplayer only, but it uses the same launcher as the MP so I'm afraid we'll see the same blue screen again we had on MP launch night :( 

Fingers crossed, though. 

I hope it’s good, the only thing I’ve read which I don’t like the sound of is the ammo refill points for all weapons. A big part of Halo for me is using all the different weapons and adapting to the battle on the fly. So we’ll see. 

Am I doing it wrong? I’ve got gamepass, downloaded the game last night but this morning there’s only the multiplayer available and if I go to start the campaign I’m given the option to pre-order for 54 quid? 

apologies if this is explained elsewhere - I could see it

4 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Am I doing it wrong? I’ve got gamepass, downloaded the game last night but this morning there’s only the multiplayer available and if I go to start the campaign I’m given the option to pre-order for 54 quid? 

apologies if this is explained elsewhere - I could see it

It's out at 6pm so unless you have a time machine, doing it wrong

7 hours ago, Lothar Hex said:

So my digital pre-order from shopto.net came through. Setting it to install now. Appears the campaign is 70 gigs on bog standard xbone.

Wait you spent £43 when you could have gotten 12 months Live + Game Pass Ultimate for less?