IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

there's a button (one of those little column things that the weapon goes onto) on the left hand side outside the door and then you go inside and down into a wee room where the Weapon does her thing. 

Incidentally I don't like how the weapon dissapears and then re-appears but a little bit larger when she gets onto those pedestals. It looks shit

SHIIIIT

I finally reached the “open” world after a lot of hassle with the first boss at the elevator.

Now it’s opened up, I’m getting flashbacks of Farcry 2 / Blood Dragon. I definitely prefer the more linear design of the previous games. 

I finished the last base and High Value Target last night - I took a razorback full of explosive death buddies to the base, and I went after the elite with the duellist plasma sword on my tod with a pistol and a shotgun. So much fun. Bring on the DLC.

I had to go up to the antenna last night and I managed to get a Wraith I found by a nearby FOB over the anti wraith blockades with judicious boosting and smashed all the enemies with the big boom boom gun and the marine who was an absolute demon in the gunners seat. 

I'm really enjoying this. Just at the point where I am running around to get data from 3 beacons, so over half way but a fair bit more to go I think. I've spent a long time claiming back the fobs and killing off the mini bosses around the map.

I was a bit worried that it would be too much like far cry but it really isn't. It's tighter and just a lot more fun. 

I finished this at the weekend and overall had a really good time with it. None of the later bosses gave me too much bother (on normal at least) and I thought everything from The Road onwards was actually great so not sure what some of the complaints were about there.

The only section I felt was a real grind was the Nexus/Command Spire bit which was too much indoor time for me. 

Looking forward to getting back into the multiplayer now. 

3 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

I thought everything from The Road onwards was actually great so not sure what some of the complaints were about there.

I can definitely see how you wouldn't understand what the complaints are from this thread.

I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem I’ve got with the campaign. I’ve had it in quick resume for ages and it’s been fine, but I just got to the bassus fight and for some reason his health bars weren’t showing. I quit out of the game and restarted my Xbox, but now the whole right side of the screen is glitching and I can’t seem to stop it. Does anyone have any ideas other than deleting and reinstalling the whole thing?

Edit: You can see it on the gun in the image below.

F197D993-2AE1-4AD5-B522-49646432A76B.jpeg

Just clocked it. I really enjoyed it!! Combat never once got tiresome and the story was decent enough.  I enjoyed how the front 2/3rds are open world then the story narrows into a series of levels that lead to the end, - I like my FPS with some freedom but ultimately heading somewhere so I think it was perfect for me.  Its always been about juggling guns etc and it never really felt like it was forcing you down a route (apart from the last few levels where you are best to pack a sentinel beam as your 2nd)  The bosses were hard sure, but not as mad as some of the people complained about on RLL.  A few goes to get the feel of them and using the tricks at your disposal etc (a lot of grappling!) At the end, what i most remember was the fun encounters and the many ways to tackle them.  20 hours on the save, perfect length for me these days. 

Been chipping away at the campaign - got enough valor to unlock the Wasp - so mopping up the spartan crates etc is so much easier.

I think I'm approaching the start of the section that appears to have caused so much criticism - I've done the 4 beacons.

I absolutely love the open world and liberating UNSC troops/FOBs etc etc - I really do hope I enjoy the section ahead of me....

3 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Been chipping away at the campaign - got enough valor to unlock the Wasp - so mopping up the spartan crates etc is so much easier.

I think I'm approaching the start of the section that appears to have caused so much criticism - I've done the 4 beacons.

I absolutely love the open world and liberating UNSC troops/FOBs etc etc - I really do hope I enjoy the section ahead of me....

If you’re going in expecting the worst, you’ll probably find it fine. That specific section isn’t too long, about an hour if you take it slow. You do get immediately funnelled into the next few levels but they’re much more entertaining.

https://www.artstation.com/joshkao

One of 343's artists is dropping a bunch of pre-reboot concept art over on their page, it seems like it was going to more directly continue the plot of Halo 5 and the planet hopping nature of the previous game with a final climactic battle at Zeta Halo.

Halo Infinite seems pretty consistent with the events there, so it really feels like they just skipped over Halo 6 and then created Halo 7 with flashbacks of the final act to fill people in on what they missed.

Would have preferred to have played through these events rather than just listen to powerpoints in the empty world where nothing happens that we got.

I'm still getting through this, just done the mission clearing the AA guns. Loved it, some of the best Halo action I've played and it really worked to the strength of the more open sandbox. 

I have so little time to play games these days that I should have finished this game in about six months time, but just dipping in and out means I'm not feeling any repetition. 

The concept art above, and others I've seen, suggest such a different game than what we got. I like Infinite but it does make you wonder. Hoping it won't be years before some sizeable updates start coming through, assuming of course all that cut content was reasonably far into development. Imagine most people will have moved on so difficult one to pitch...

18 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

I'm still getting through this, just done the mission clearing the AA guns. Loved it, some of the best Halo action I've played and it really worked to the strength of the more open sandbox. 

I have so little time to play games these days that I should have finished this game in about six months time, but just dipping in and out means I'm not feeling any repetition. 

The concept art above, and others I've seen, suggest such a different game than what we got. I like Infinite but it does make you wonder. Hoping it won't be years before some sizeable updates start coming through, assuming of course all that cut content was reasonably far into development. Imagine most people will have moved on so difficult one to pitch...

They have said they ditched two thirds of what they were working on to get it out, plus they were working on it for 6 years, so I assume there’s plenty of stuff they’re polishing up now to release as DLC.

It better come sooner rather than later as well. They’ve had enough good will, so it’s time for them to deliver.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

They have said they ditched two thirds of what they were working on to get it out, plus they were working on it for 6 years, so I assume there’s plenty of stuff they’re polishing up now to release as DLC.

It better come sooner rather than later as well. They’ve had enough good will, so it’s time for them to deliver.

Oooh get you bossy boots!

2 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Oooh get you bossy boots!

I’m still gutted they didn’t mix things up at all with the environments. That initial reveal trailer really sold it in to me, but we got nothing like that.

I still think it’s excellent though. I just want more!

Trying to mop up some of the collectables for achievements but it's stopped tracking my progress which is a bit annoying!!

Might just sack it off and get the campaign done once I've done all the high value targets.