Jump to content

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TehStu said:

How do you do this? I went up and down the length of the motorway in the Jag but barely passed a single car. Couldn't see an offline menu option.

It's on the pause menu. Off the top of my head, it's in the Horizon Life tab, at the bottom right. It says something like "Play Horizon Solo".

 

Not sure if drivatars spawn everywhere, but I was by the Festival site and just drove through it a couple of times to complete the challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I tried doing this. Problem is, it takes so long to select a car from the auction and then place a bid that it's difficult to find an interesting car and place one. I did once get a bid in with < 1 min left, but was outbid. Not sure if someone had a faster loading device than me, but yeah, I guess I won't be auction sniping on the original xb1.

 

I've got so many cars now I have to search the auction by car marque because the main listing is useless, so my app can be in the right place before I search  (eg scroll to the BMWs and then search for BMW in the auction). Even then though it's not going to be perfect. The auctions in the app suck hard ... I get sniped loads, you have to wait ages for prices to refresh, and actually collecting the car is slllooooooow.

 

I'll be improving the look over the next few days I guess, and possibly adding shortcuts to jump directly to marques, filter by class/type/etc, and hide the stuff you already own. If you have any suggestions about how to make it more useful I'm interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

This is the first time the Skills Points event has felt like a proper grind. Really didn't enjoy doing it. Maybe should have got myself a VW Camper...

 

The Daredevil skills were a doddle, though. If you're offline, the drivatars hang around in groups of three, so it took a couple of minutes...

 

Yeah I just went solo then got enough skills in one single loop of the motorway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

The auctions in the app suck hard ... I get sniped loads, you have to wait ages for prices to refresh, and actually collecting the car is slllooooooow.

Ah, there's an app? That might be better, although I should probably do as suggested and go in with a specific car in mind, rather than dithering once I see the listings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChrisN said:

 

I've got so many cars now I have to search the auction by car marque because the main listing is useless, so my app can be in the right place before I search  (eg scroll to the BMWs and then search for BMW in the auction). Even then though it's not going to be perfect. The auctions in the app suck hard ... I get sniped loads, you have to wait ages for prices to refresh, and actually collecting the car is slllooooooow.

 

I'll be improving the look over the next few days I guess, and possibly adding shortcuts to jump directly to marques, filter by class/type/etc, and hide the stuff you already own. If you have any suggestions about how to make it more useful I'm interested.

You can do everything in the ‘my bids’ tab, so you don’t have to load each auction separately. Just press Y (or whatever your equivalent is) and you can collect credit, up your bid and collect cars all without having to leave that menu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm awful at this game. I want the twin mill but absolutely suck against anything higher than Above Average. What's a decent Retro Supercar? I have a Porsche that's a nightmare and the XJ220 which is, well, an XJ220

The difficulty is hugely dependent on the car being used. I can go from strolling to victories against unbeatable, to coming mid-pack against highly skilled. Is it a specific challenge that you are referring to? I must have missed it, so I'll look today. I've done all of the seasonal challenges this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

The difficulty is hugely dependent on the car being used. I can go from strolling to victories against unbeatable, to coming mid-pack against highly skilled. Is it a specific challenge that you are referring to? I must have missed it, so I'll look today. I've done all of the seasonal challenges this week.

Yeah, it's the Retro Supercar Championship in the south of the map. Highly Skilled reward is the Hot Wheels Twin Mill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm awful at this game. I want the twin mill but absolutely suck against anything higher than Above Average. What's a decent Retro Supercar? I have a Porsche that's a nightmare and the XJ220 which is, well, an XJ220

 

Have you tried downloading a tune for the car you use? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DNStuff said:

You can do everything in the ‘my bids’ tab, so you don’t have to load each auction separately. Just press Y (or whatever your equivalent is) and you can collect credit, up your bid and collect cars all without having to leave that menu.

 

That's handy to know. I should really explore what you can do in the menus more. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, it's the Retro Supercar Championship in the south of the map. Highly Skilled reward is the Hot Wheels Twin Mill.

 

I did it in the MC12 2004 Maserati. But as Speech says, any car should be ok as long as you tune it to the top of it's class. Make sure it has decent top speed too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2018 at 08:41, moosegrinder said:

I S1'd the VW camper van and it's got 3x quicker multiply, multiplier to x6, more points from combo skils and lasts one second longer perks which is bonkers so I've just been doing races and hooning around the railyard and the open space just north west of the quarry which has loads of tree stumps and whatnot to get shitloads if combos.

 

Another option is to pick up the Peel from the summer barn find, and soup that up (to a whopping 32 hp). And max out the skill tree as it has basically every skill bonus in the book, including a x8 multiplier perk (up from the standard x5) at the top.

 

I had a lot of fun zipping around the Quarry with it, and did the challenge mostly in one session with a bit of luck with skill songs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never reached the 'end' of a horizon game before. Why do I still have 2 barn finds unavailable and also a lot of bonus boards missing from the map? I am now not far off completing everything on the map but really don't enjoy the drift challenges, so am avoiding them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Certain bonus boards are also seasonal are they not?  e.g middle of the iced up lake.

 

I don't think so. I got some of the lake ones in Spring.

 

The only one I know required an action before it was available was one on top of a church. You need do a the danger sign nearby which makes a ramp appear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisN said:

 

I don't think so. I got some of the lake ones in Spring.

 

The only one I know required an action before it was available was one on top of a church. You need do a the danger sign nearby which makes a ramp appear.

 

Yep, I've got that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.