Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

There seems to be a few "classic muscle" seasonal events in the rotation, so it may well be worth grabbing things like that as they appear..

You're right about the ease of getting them these days. They used to be called "Unicorns", I'm guessing because they were as rare as unicorns, and some would only be obtainable once at one specific time. And they couldn't be traded / sold. Kids today don't know they're born...

I'm finding my interest in the waning a touch. I did the Forzathon yesterday, then just couldn't be arsed playing it any more than that. The seasonal events all seem to have shit prizes - a horn for winning on Expert? Nah, you're alright - and I've done most of the stuff I'm interested in doing for now. I want to buy a castle, but I don't think I can be bothered grinding for cash, unless anyone knows an easy way? I'm about 3.5 million short of the 10 million one...

Might put it aside for a bit, play something else and come back to it.

I'm in a similar situation, money wise. Rivals events can net a good chunk of money quite quickly but my main source of income seems to generally be through lucky spins. I've had almost 1 million from a super spin and normal spins occasionally give out 100k+. Someone thing I am doing is putting skill points in to cars that give spins as rewards. Some only require a few points to be spent, which can be earned in a couple of minutes.

39 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Some only require a few points to be spent, which can be earned in a couple of minutes.

I found I was earning a lot practising drifting last night. It's easy to get a 6* multiplier over and over again.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had that much money at one time, although I typically fritter it away here and there on cars. If you're not bothered for now, I would at least check in once a week on the Forza Hub app for the free money there. That's going to build up over time, especially if you check out now and wait for the first expansion, say.

Wheelspins have been pretty terrible for me, in the sense that I seem to get mostly horns and outfits. I hope at some point I get them all, so that either cars/cash come up instead, or I get cash for duplicates. 

13 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had that much money at one time, although I typically fritter it away here and there on cars. If you're not bothered for now, I would at least check in once a week on the Forza Hub app for the free money there. That's going to build up over time, especially if you check out now and wait for the first expansion, say.

I suspect that the game being on Gamepass has made Turn10 put more emphasis on things that will shift the DLC. You can get a free house with superspins, double credit rewards from events with VIP, and much more.. Bit of a a shame actually.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

@ChrisN I think VIP has offered double rewards since about Forza Motorsport 5. 

I've not played the Motorsport games, but I have played all the Horizon games. It was always the case that there were hundreds of things to do so even without the VIP pass you'd get everything eventually just by playing your way through the whole game. That doesn't really seem to be true of the latest one.

I just did the race against motorcross bikes again. Did I miss something or has everything I’ve done in the past ten hours been a prequel to the opening sequence where I did it the first time around?

edit: I just had a race where it didn’t load in the car for the class so let me do a race in what I was in instead. Jeep Trailcat against 11 Touaregs. 

Have they acknowledged how how buggy it is and said a patch is coming? Last one did bugger all in that regard, as far as I can tell. 

I thought the intro to the game was literally an intro to the game, not actually part of the, er, "story". It's a bit cheap putting it in the main game as an event, but also means you can replay it easily as it is a pretty cool event to be fair. 

I’m running at 4K @ 60fps (pc). But let’s say my pc couldn’t handle the resolution I would opt for frame rate rather than resolution for gameplay reasons. 

It’s such a beautiful looking game at times; especially when your tootling about during a sunset, so I can understand why you might decide otherwise

26 minutes ago, I say said:

Tried to enter a seasonal challenge, and was taken to the purchase new car screen.  However, the screen was blank - there were no cars to purchase for the championship.

confused

Took me 3 weeks to work this out. You need to buy the car from the forzathon shop. So this week it is the hotrod car in there. Then you can use that to do the event. Just another big/poor design choice that isn't explained.

3 hours ago, I say said:

Tried to enter a seasonal challenge, and was taken to the purchase new car screen.  However, the screen was blank - there were no cars to purchase for the championship.

confused

I think it’s because you can’t buy the car for the event in the standard showroom; only with autumn forza points in the forzathon shop. Someone just didn’t think about it properly I suppose.

How is the PC performance in this compared to FH3? That game started out so badly optimised but after several months ran reasonably well on my PC at 1080p. Normally I can runs games at 4k with the enhanced bells and whistles PC ports offer over the Xbone X (with the exception of HDR).

For the Xbone X version of FH4 I’ve been sticking to 4k 30fps. It looks glorious but does feel slightly sluggish. 

29 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

How is the PC performance in this compared to FH3? That game started out so badly optimised but after several months ran reasonably well on my PC at 1080p. Normally I can runs games at 4k with the enhanced bells and whistles PC ports offer over the Xbone X (with the exception of HDR).

For the Xbone X version of FH4 I’ve been sticking to 4k 30fps. It looks glorious but does feel slightly sluggish. 

Been running it without any issues on the PC @ 4K. Cross play works well; my only gripe with it is the setup time of multiplayer games, but that is the same across the board.

I'd fucking love it if every 2nd time I start it, it didn't pop a cheery box saying "By the way we've changed all your graphics selections to Dynamic Medium despite the fact your PC can comfortably do 70fps on non-dynamic high, enjoy changing them all again for the 15th time this month, see you in 2 days!"

Am I missing something about how to make money in this game? I just do races (and have upped the difficulty so get a score bonus), but I’ve just qualified for the Horizon Roster at something like 6 or 7 hours in and have under a million. Barely buying any cars, either. Just what I need for races. In the previous games it was similar but you won loads of credits in wheelspins and cars too, so I had loads of cars without spending much of my own stash.  Here I’m getting a super wheel spin and winning three bloody car horns, and then I’m apparently expected to buy houses as well.

Is there any point to houses? My current one gives me some sort of drone perk, but the others don’t mention a perk when I go to buy one, just a few rewards (usually t shirts).