Jump to content

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I missing something about how to make money in this game? I just do races (and have upped the difficulty so get a score bonus), but I’ve just qualified for the Horizon Roster at something like 6 or 7 hours in and have under a million. Barely buying any cars, either. Just what I need for races. In the previous games it was similar but you won loads of credits in wheelspins and cars too, so I had loads of cars without spending much of my own stash.  Here I’m getting a super wheel spin and winning three bloody car horns, and then I’m apparently expected to buy houses as well.

 

Is there any point to houses? My current one gives me some sort of drone perk, but the others don’t mention a perk when I go to buy one, just a few rewards (usually t shirts). 

 

You win a LOT more credits from wheelspins in this than in previous games even so.  In 3 100,000 was a very, very rare jackpot.  Now you can get half a million and of course super wheelspins (which it seems to throw at you) are 3 wheelspins in 1.

 

To answer your question though, some of the houses come with bonuses, the skill songs are behind one, the drone another.  And the wheelspins you get from a couple of the others will likely pay for the house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I missing something about how to make money in this game? I just do races (and have upped the difficulty so get a score bonus), but I’ve just qualified for the Horizon Roster at something like 6 or 7 hours in and have under a million. Barely buying any cars, either. Just what I need for races. In the previous games it was similar but you won loads of credits in wheelspins and cars too, so I had loads of cars without spending much of my own stash.  Here I’m getting a super wheel spin and winning three bloody car horns, and then I’m apparently expected to buy houses as well.

 

Is there any point to houses? My current one gives me some sort of drone perk, but the others don’t mention a perk when I go to buy one, just a few rewards (usually t shirts). 

One of the lodges gives you extra Forzathon points, the hidden one in the forest gives you access to skill songs off the top of my head

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy enough to earn credits in this game for sure. And you can get cars for very little if you take some time in the auction house. You can even make quick and easy profit if you can be arsed.

 

The wheelspins are certainly more generous but I absolutely hate the addition of clothing and horns in there. Nothing worse than a super wheelspin resulting in a pair of boots, a car horn and some leggings. Im here to race not play the Sims.

 

I love FH4, awesome racer and I'll keep going. I'm level 70, 3.6m in the bank and 250 cars in the garage. 

 

I do fail to see the point in the property in this yet unless I'm missing something.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I missing something about how to make money in this game? I just do races (and have upped the difficulty so get a score bonus), but I’ve just qualified for the Horizon Roster at something like 6 or 7 hours in and have under a million. Barely buying any cars, either. Just what I need for races. In the previous games it was similar but you won loads of credits in wheelspins and cars too, so I had loads of cars without spending much of my own stash.  Here I’m getting a super wheel spin and winning three bloody car horns, and then I’m apparently expected to buy houses as well.

 

Is there any point to houses? My current one gives me some sort of drone perk, but the others don’t mention a perk when I go to buy one, just a few rewards (usually t shirts). 

 

Very easy way to make money is to keep buying the 1982 911 for 150'000 at the car show. Unlock the left hand side of the skill tree with 19 skill points and you get an unlock which gives you 300'000. Easy way to double your money each time. Theres an easy to get wheelspin if you spend 1 more skill point too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I missing something about how to make money in this game? I just do races (and have upped the difficulty so get a score bonus), but I’ve just qualified for the Horizon Roster at something like 6 or 7 hours in and have under a million. Barely buying any cars, either. Just what I need for races. In the previous games it was similar but you won loads of credits in wheelspins and cars too, so I had loads of cars without spending much of my own stash.  Here I’m getting a super wheel spin and winning three bloody car horns, and then I’m apparently expected to buy houses as well.

 

Is there any point to houses? My current one gives me some sort of drone perk, but the others don’t mention a perk when I go to buy one, just a few rewards (usually t shirts). 

 

Some give perks, I think one or two are linked to barn finds and you can teleport to them (cancelled out when you buy a house that allows you to teleport anywhere). You can also launch auctions and access the car showroom from houses saving you the effort of going to the festival.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the route creator is being exploited to hell. Have run a couple of blueprints where the CPU cars take a much, much longer route than you do. Like there's one where you do two five minute laps and the CPU cars do two seven minute laps on pro difficulty. You get about 140,000 credits each time you run it and advance a couple of levels.

 

There's also one where the race takes about two and a half minutes and nets you 40k or so. Again, the CPU cars take a few minutes longer than you. The problem being it takes longer to load the race up each time than it does to actually win the race.

 

I can't even work out where the route creator is...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

It's the route creator option at the start of every event where you choose if you want to do a single player or rivals etc...

Ah, I've not really been doing events lately and have clearly not spotted that. 

 

Has anyone had a go with the route creator? Is it worth a look?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They've done it a slightly clunky way, you have to drive the route and continually stop to place checkpoints, you also can't get to the map while doing so which is weird.

 

Rather than the TDU style method of just drawing on the map, I assume the reason is so off road and on road races can share a UI.

 

19 hours ago, hannay said:

I do fail to see the point in the property in this yet unless I'm missing something.

 

It's a half implemented idea, in TDU they were also your garages, and in fact you could only have as many cars as you could store in your houses.

 

Of course that worked better in a game with 30-50 cars rather than 500.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 265mph speed camera took me a fair bit of effort. Fell slightly short with the acura kzr1, then tried the MC12, with a hefty 170k failed investment, before investing another 170k in the tvr speed 12 and doing it by the skin of my teeth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much lost all interest in this, almost overnight.

 

Not sure why, I was still playing FH3 off and on right up until FH4's release as I really enjoy just pottering about the world. This is just not gripping me as much as the last one and I think a lot of that is the location. It's been cool to see the UK so well realised  but there's just not the variety of environments that made the last game so entertaining. Most of the UK looks pretty much the same unlike Australia which gave us desert, tropical forests,  white beached coasts, jazzy modern cities, etc..FH3 just felt bigger, more expansive,  and like it had more potential.

 

I''m also sure (and this may be purely subjective) that the FH4 map  populated with endless  icons way quicker, and way more overwhelmingly, than the last game. It's so much that it becomes a bit bit boring. 

 

I have no idea where they can go from here. Not more cars, nor more events/races, thats for sure. Maybe a more structured, but smaller, game than the bloat we have with this?

 

I'll be back for the first expansion pack obvs..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a good few hours on this again tonight. Love it. Now level 82 and 4m in the bank with over 260 cars in my garage.

 

Absolutely sick of winning clothing items and dance moves on the majority of my wheelspins though... very frustrating.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike S said:

I've pretty much lost all interest in this, almost overnight.

 

Not sure why, I was still playing FH3 off and on right up until FH4's release as I really enjoy just pottering about the world. This is just not gripping me as much as the last one and I think a lot of that is the location. It's been cool to see the UK so well realised  but there's just not the variety of environments that made the last game so entertaining. Most of the UK looks pretty much the same unlike Australia which gave us desert, tropical forests,  white beached coasts, jazzy modern cities, etc..FH3 just felt bigger, more expansive,  and like it had more potential.

 

I''m also sure (and this may be purely subjective) that the FH4 map  populated with endless  icons way quicker, and way more overwhelmingly, than the last game. It's so much that it becomes a bit bit boring. 

 

I have no idea where they can go from here. Not more cars, nor more events/races, thats for sure. Maybe a more structured, but smaller, game than the bloat we have with this?

 

I'll be back for the first expansion pack obvs..

 

They definitely need more content. I can't believe that I've nearly finished all the single player content already. It didn't feel like that was even possible in the previous games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hannay said:

I had a good few hours on this again tonight. Love it. Now level 82 and 4m in the bank with over 260 cars in my garage.

 

Absolutely sick of winning clothing items and dance moves on the majority of my wheelspins though... very frustrating.  

I'm hoping that the clothing/emotes/horns... Cannot be obtained twice, so once you have them, they don't appear on the spin again. My normal spin definitely seems to have fewer clothing slots than it used to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

 

They definitely need more content. I can't believe that I've nearly finished all the single player content already. It didn't feel like that was even possible in the previous games.

 

I agree.  There are no new races on the map, except the seasonal challenges, for which it didn't let me purchase a car this time anyway, so if I want to race I have to challenge someone in a head to head or repeat a race.

 

It seemed to take much longer to get through FH2 (still my favourite).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mike S said:

I've pretty much lost all interest in this, almost overnight.

 

Not sure why, I was still playing FH3 off and on right up until FH4's release as I really enjoy just pottering about the world. This is just not gripping me as much as the last one and I think a lot of that is the location. It's been cool to see the UK so well realised  but there's just not the variety of environments that made the last game so entertaining. Most of the UK looks pretty much the same unlike Australia which gave us desert, tropical forests,  white beached coasts, jazzy modern cities, etc..FH3 just felt bigger, more expansive,  and like it had more potential.

 

That said, the map isn't big enough to accommodate that, Australia felt tiny because each individual area was a bit small.  If the 4-5 distinct areas of Australia were all this size it might have been different.

 

I think you're underselling the UK a little though, between the villages, the hills, the plains near the wind far, Edinburgh etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mike S said:

 

 

I''m also sure (and this may be purely subjective) that the FH4 map  populated with endless  icons way quicker, and way more overwhelmingly, than the last game. It's so much that it becomes a bit bit boring. 

 

I have no idea where they can go from here. Not more cars, nor more events/races, thats for sure. Maybe a more structured, but smaller, game than the bloat we have with this?

 

I'll be back for the first expansion pack obvs..

 

 

This has always been my biggest complaint since FH2. You complete a race and it throws 10 more at you. Repeat until there's 150+ icons on the map.

 

Also you can't start races from the map. You have to drive there or fast travel, (extra loading time). It makes the single player a chore for me. I much preferred how the crew 2 did it.

 

But it's the most popular Forza game there is. I think they're going to double down on it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

That said, the map isn't big enough to accommodate that, Australia felt tiny because each individual area was a bit small.  If the 4-5 distinct areas of Australia were all this size it might have been different.

 

I think you're underselling the UK a little though, between the villages, the hills, the plains near the wind far, Edinburgh etc.

 

Conversely, I actually thought the Australia map felt bigger and more expansive. Driving across the outback under a darkening sky it felt like the road went on forever which I've never really felt in the UK map. I think having several festival locations helped in that regard as it made each area of the map feel more distinct - the houses in FH4 are not so effective.

 

The UK was great fun for a decent time but, now, the countryside just feels a bit samey for me and, having been through all the seasons, that novelty has worn off - I didn;t play summer at all on the second time round as it's a bit boring compared to the other three seasons. 

 

I do look forward to the first expansion though but have no idea how they will make it sufficiently different from the core game. Isle of Man and bikes would be novel I guess..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike S said:

 

I do look forward to the first expansion though but have no idea how they will make it sufficiently different from the core game. Isle of Man and bikes would be novel I guess..

 

Can't see this happening after the release of the TT Game in recent times though. 

 

Has there been any indication to where the expansion packs will be based?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TehStu said:

As much of a chore The Crew (original) could be, you really felt like you were traveling with the variation across the map. Difficult in the UK, you don't have that same sort of variety.

 

I think they've tried to add variety through the temporal changes instead of geographically. It's ace, but it's not really worked because you have no real control over it.

 

 

I wonder if the game might be more fun if I limited how much I played it. Completing it over a period of months by dropping in every few days might have been a better way of approaching it. Too late now though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's typically how I do a Forza, as there's no controls and other mechanics to get your head around. Easy to pickup and play. Although this time is different, I've found myself doing nothing but Forzathons and whatever the timed mini thing is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mike S said:

I've pretty much lost all interest in this, almost overnight.

 

Not sure why, I was still playing FH3 off and on right up until FH4's release as I really enjoy just pottering about the world. This is just not gripping me as much as the last one and I think a lot of that is the location. It's been cool to see the UK so well realised  but there's just not the variety of environments that made the last game so entertaining. Most of the UK looks pretty much the same unlike Australia which gave us desert, tropical forests,  white beached coasts, jazzy modern cities, etc..FH3 just felt bigger, more expansive,  and like it had more potential.

 

I''m also sure (and this may be purely subjective) that the FH4 map  populated with endless  icons way quicker, and way more overwhelmingly, than the last game. It's so much that it becomes a bit bit boring. 

 

I have no idea where they can go from here. Not more cars, nor more events/races, thats for sure. Maybe a more structured, but smaller, game than the bloat we have with this?

 

I'll be back for the first expansion pack obvs..

 

I'm having the same issues and also loved Horizon 2 and 3. There are already so many items on the map and I'm honestly not really sure what really distinguishes the types of races.  

 

I also think it takes far too long to do each race.  Not the race itself but the driving to the start, plodding though all the menu options before you start and then at the end waiting for all the points to calculate before you head somewhere else for a different race.  I love the exploring part of Horizon but to a certain extent I just want the ability to streamline the races a bit more. 

 

It does look lovely and I want to get into it but it does feel very samey to 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.