Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

I already have the Lego one, but have cashed in some of my rewards points and treated myself to Fortune Island. The value I get between Gamepass and the Rewards Scheme is outstanding. I just keep topping Gamepass up with it every wee while with rewards points, and still have enough to buy stuff like this. It's crazy, but as a gamer I have never spent this little, yet had this much to play. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 11:25, Skull Commander said:

I already have the Lego one, but have cashed in some of my rewards points and treated myself to Fortune Island. The value I get between Gamepass and the Rewards Scheme is outstanding. I just keep topping Gamepass up with it every wee while with rewards points, and still have enough to buy stuff like this. It's crazy, but as a gamer I have never spent this little, yet had this much to play. 

Any tips to rack up points? I do the daily log ins on my phone

25 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Any tips to rack up points? I do the daily log ins on my phone

I don't tan it to it's fullest, but I do the daily set on the rewards dashboard, log in with the gamepass app everyday (as well as start a gamepass game everyday to get 5 points for that). Do the gampass quests, which are usually easy and are good motivation to try new games. Make sure you get your daily achievement for 50 points and keep an eye out for the bonus 100 pointer that appears around once every week. Also go your weekly quest thing on the dashboard which gives you more points for streaks as well as an easy 100 every week. It soon all adds up! 

I'm absolutely floored by how this looks in 4K. It's insane.

I need to know you can just get on a multiplayer race playlist without the driving to a place to do donuts for 10 minutes. The UI is a bit overwhelming to find anything.

2 hours ago, Pob said:

Thanks for this, seems like a great deal. Now I’ll have a souped-up game to play when the XSX comes out!

It's going to look amazing. I play this on mmy one x and am constantly amazed at how good it looks. 

7 hours ago, Pob said:

Thanks for this, seems like a great deal. Now I’ll have a souped-up game to play when the XSX comes out!

Snap, just bought it ready for the series x - I loved all 3 previous horizon games and defi missed playing this as I went ps4 only!

41 minutes ago, Jashin said:

It's a series that needs some time off to let Playground can work out what made the earlier games so good and the later ones so dull.

It’ll presumably be 2022, which will be a four year gap, given that you’d assume Forza would be 2021.

but 4 was great - it’s just that:

- some people want more structure and unlockables

- the landscape was pretty familiar.

Heresy: Colorado wasn’t that interesting, or much like Colorado.

On 19/09/2020 at 18:59, MattyP said:

For anyone still playing MS have the Ultimate add on bundle up for £15.99!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-add-ons-bundle/9p7jj1fkqwxh

Picked this up last night. It's an amazing deal considering the fact that both expansions are ~€17 each, so this add on with both expansions and 4 car packs is pretty much a no brainer for €20. It gave me a good reason to get back into it, as I haven't been playing it much due to having our 2 kids in the last 2,5 years. My son loves the Lego expansion! ^_^

On 20/09/2020 at 11:54, dave7g said:

I'm absolutely floored by how this looks in 4K. It's insane.

Even more insane in 4K HDR. It's gorgeous.

Also, 4K (or quality mode as it's called) is supposed to be running at 30fps...but it's so stable and smooth that it feels like 60! Tried performance mode (1080p60) but that looks jaggy and not much smoother to be fair. An extraordinary example of good optimisation.

15 hours ago, footle said:

It’ll presumably be 2022, which will be a four year gap, given that you’d assume Forza would be 2021.

but 4 was great - it’s just that:

- some people want more structure and unlockables

- the landscape was pretty familiar.

For a Dutchman like me, living in a pretty flat country, there's nothing familiar about it. I love the rural UK landscapes in this game - the mountains and hills, the typical style of architecture, the weather... And if it's familiar to you, it means they did a great job!

Yeah, I haven't been back home to the UK for almost four years and love zipping around the map in this. It actually gave me a really intense bout of homesickness the first time I played it.

7 minutes ago, dave7g said:

My TV is giving me 4K but not 4K HDR, is it possible that the problem is that the Xbox is running through a HDMI hub and not directly to the tv?

Is your telly HDR10 compatible and do you own either a One S or a One X? Then there could be a setting somewhere that you may have missed (enable HDR10). There's a bit of fiddling required with bitrates etc, but luckily there's a built-in app where you can see if all 4K and HDR boxes are ticked. It will also tell you if your TV is compatible with HDR10.

Otherwise, it may be that the hub is interfering. Make sure you use HDMI port 1 on your TV.

4 minutes ago, dave7g said:

My TV is giving me 4K but not 4K HDR, is it possible that the problem is that the Xbox is running through a HDMI hub and not directly to the tv?

Absolutely. Or not enabled on that HDMI port on your television settings. Run the HDMI cable directly to your TV first. If that doesn't work, check your TV settings (whilst running it directly to your TV) to see if that helps.

What telly you using?

5 minutes ago, Meers said:

Is your telly HDR10 compatible and do you own either a One S or a One X? Then there could be a setting somewhere that you may have missed (enable HDR10). There's a bit of fiddling required with bitrates etc, but luckily there's a built-in app where you can see if all 4K and HDR boxes are ticked. It will also tell you if your TV is compatible with HDR10.

Otherwise, it may be that the hub is interfering. Make sure you use HDMI port 1 on your TV.

PS4 is in there now, but not for long.

15 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Looks compatible alright. Nice catch!

13 minutes ago, dave7g said:

PS4 is in there now, but not for long.

Good man! So get rid of the hub as well. If you've set it up right, the TV should let you know. Check the Xbox' video settings too if all ticks are green.

image.png.490913c61ba41f4841b1655d08c1308a.png

5 minutes ago, dave7g said:

That's great, thanks for this. I'll have a look in a bit. Need the hub for PC and mini consoles though.

If it helps in setup use the free Insects app from the store as well, great visual indicator.

That's great thanks. I'm not seeing a massive difference but that's probably because it's an overcast day in Fh4 today and I only have one working eye at the moment :)

FH, XBOX and my TV says that it's up and running.

It's still great though.

14 minutes ago, dave7g said:

That's great thanks. I'm not seeing a massive difference but that's probably because it's an overcast day in Fh4 today and I only have one working eye at the moment :)

FH, XBOX and my TV says that it's up and running.

It's still great though.

FH4 makes it shine, imo. Everything looks so much more natural.

19 hours ago, layten said:

I want my Horizon Japan. All the Tōge roads, give them to me!

This is the only thing that will bring me back to the series tbh. A real focus on street racing in an interesting setting. I prefer the open world to be more closed like the original. Better focus on events too. Also can have drift, Touge and midnight races among other things!

1 hour ago, nakamura said:

This is the only thing that will bring me back to the series tbh. A real focus on street racing in an interesting setting. I prefer the open world to be more closed like the original. Better focus on events too. Also can have drift, Touge and midnight races among other things!

Looking forward to seeing where the next iteration of FH is set... fingers crossed its Japan... will be awesome. Some of my favourite tracks in Forza 3 were the Japanese mountain climbs.... wonderful they were. 

6 hours ago, Quest said:

Yeah, I haven't been back home to the UK for almost four years and love zipping around the map in this. It actually gave me a really intense bout of homesickness the first time I played it.

Wanna swap, bud?