Jump to content

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

HALP!

 

I can’t get this to run on my series x, well I can to a point then it just gets stuck on a black screen with music playing :( I get to setup the hdr, pick a nickname and then I can either play FH4 or skip to Lego - I try the base game and the commentator tells me what she can see and all I can see is a black screen - ‘Autumn’ flashes onto the screen and then nothing but music and black screen :( 

 

I have tried restarting, powering off and on again and no dice - all other games run fine inc other series X enhanced ones.

I’d delete it and then reinstall it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

@Shimmyhill could it be something to do with the screen/resolution options etc. carried over in your save file? Can you start the game without a save to see if that works? Just guessing though as I don’t have FH4 or an Xbox but sounds as though it’s running in background, bit like what used to happen on PS3(?) if you went from one TV to another with incompatible resolutions.


Tried this with no joy

 

14 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I’d delete it and then reinstall it. 

 

Doing this, it’s times like these I miss my old 500mb broadband!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty good, isn’t it?

 

It gives me the feels like PGR2 did, back when I first bought my 360. 
 

What a special feeling it is to know Bizarre Creation’s legacy has continued to exert an influence on driving games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Popo said:

This is pretty good, isn’t it?

 

It gives me the feels like PGR2 did, back when I first bought my 360. 
 

What a special feeling it is to know Bizarre Creation’s legacy has continued to exert an influence on driving games. 

 

<pedant>PGR2 was an Xbox game. PGR3 was a 360 game!</pedant> :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

 

<pendent>PGR2 was an Xbox game. PGR3 was a 360 game!</pendant> :D 


Oh gawd! Yes you’re right. In my drunken haste to post, I realise now I actually meant PGR4! What a brilliant game that was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Popo said:


Oh gawd! Yes you’re right. In my drunken haste to post, I realise now I actually meant PGR4! What a brilliant game that was. 

Still mourn the loss of PGR4. Only reason I kept a 360 around. It was only earlier this year decided to let it go.... Great game. But time to move on. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this game.

 

As someone in thier thirties it does feel it's made for me, every one of my favourite cars from the 90s feature (one was a barn find!) and just diriving around on it is fun, especially now I don't really the sat nav to get around.

 

I've got my head around "skills points" though to me, swevring around taking out fencing isn't skill but anyway. I also found after about 20 hours of playing the wheel spin feature, so I got to use about 50 in a row which was very exciting and now I own three houses :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite amazing to see so many game mega-threads created years ago pop back up on the front page of Discussion, like this one - it goes to show a) just how many people skipped Xbox last gen, b) how many have jumped on board for Series and c) that everyone who has done has raided game pass’ breadth and depth of available games. 
 

Anyway, back on topic - this looks stunning. God tier graphics. Quite unusually for me, I turned off some of the assists and have started using manual gears, as I was finding it a bit too generous. The handling is kind enough that I don’t think I need the racing line to be constantly drawn on the road, although the ‘too fast’ indicator when approaching corners is a brilliant idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

HALP!

 

I can’t get this to run on my series x, well I can to a point then it just gets stuck on a black screen with music playing :( I get to setup the hdr, pick a nickname and then I can either play FH4 or skip to Lego - I try the base game and the commentator tells me what she can see and all I can see is a black screen - ‘Autumn’ flashes onto the screen and then nothing but music and black screen :( 

 

I have tried restarting, powering off and on again and no dice - all other games run fine inc other series X enhanced ones.

Maybe the same issue as this:

 

What solved it for me:
- I realized that I upgraded from Xbox One S to the X (game was purchased on the S). Worked briefly on the X until some system update
- Navigate to your Xbox Live online account and REMOVE the old Xbox device (I made sure there was only one device registered to my account)
- - > I don't remember where exactly it was in the menu, sorry.
- Turn on your affected Xbox
- Uninstall FH4, try to re-install and re-download
- Worked!
- Root cause: FH4 was somehow connected to my older Xbox One S which I no longer used.

Good luck.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DC said:

Maybe the same issue as this:

 

What solved it for me:
- I realized that I upgraded from Xbox One S to the X (game was purchased on the S). Worked briefly on the X until some system update
- Navigate to your Xbox Live online account and REMOVE the old Xbox device (I made sure there was only one device registered to my account)
- - > I don't remember where exactly it was in the menu, sorry.
- Turn on your affected Xbox
- Uninstall FH4, try to re-install and re-download
- Worked!
- Root cause: FH4 was somehow connected to my older Xbox One S which I no longer used.

Good luck.

 

 


Cheers, a redox load worked - this new download is also bigger than it was before so I wonder if having the game on external ssd (from a one s I borrowed) and upgraded caused the issue.

 

It looks incredible and so smooth to play, I loved FH3 but it always felt like it needed more console behind it and I never got an X - this has just blown my mind!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it has better lighting and reflections and the draw distance is greater from my understanding, as well as the 60fps update.

 

My understanding is that it now matches all the ultra high settings of the PC version, whereas on the one X while most of the settings were equivalent to Ultra some were medium and low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pete said:

I love this game.

 

As someone in thier thirties it does feel it's made for me, every one of my favourite cars from the 90s feature (one was a barn find!) and just diriving around on it is fun, especially now I don't really the sat nav to get around.

 

I've got my head around "skills points" though to me, swevring around taking out fencing isn't skill but anyway. I also found after about 20 hours of playing the wheel spin feature, so I got to use about 50 in a row which was very exciting and now I own three houses :)

Ah but have you used your Super Wheel Spins though? I only found those the other day and had five of them. 3x the prizes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AK Bell said:

Could you always see stuff inside people's houses?

I don't know if it's just the first time I've driven slow and only just noticed. 

 

Ha! Reminds me of playing GTAV on the Bone instead of the 360 and spotting that the launderette had a small sign saying "We don't do duvets" on it.

 

For all the understandable criticism FH4 gets in this thread, beneath it all is a completely spectacular game.  I agree that it can get overwhelming with icons and choice and ultimately a little bit aimless and repetitive but getting to that point of burnout can be an absolute joy at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I’d delete it and then reinstall it. 

 

I got a new PC and I'd like to play this on it but I can't bring myself to download the best part of 100gb again at under 2 megabytes a second.

 

Of course if this was on steam I'd just restore the backup or copy the files from my other PC but that's a concept Microsoft Store apparently doesn't understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Yeah it has better lighting and reflections and the draw distance is greater from my understanding, as well as the 60fps update.

 

My understanding is that it now matches all the ultra high settings of the PC version, whereas on the one X while most of the settings were equivalent to Ultra some were medium and low.

 

And all of that ultra-ness in 60fps? Crikey.

 

Pst pix vids pls!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone with the Series X/S enhanced version please post the file size?

 

I'm pretty sure I've done what I need to do to get it upgraded but would just like to double-check because I'm paranoid when new technology comes in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fondue said:

Just had my first hoon on this - god, it's nice! I'm on the Series S and am impressed with the load times. Feels a little restrictive currently, but I assume they keep you on rails for a fair while?

Yes IIRC you have to play through all seasons before the game fully opens up! It's a great intro to game though.... 

 

This is lovely on the new hardware yay for SSD! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.