Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

Yeah it is - there are some great routes, in particular an awesome cliffside road that you can easily tumble off. But it is just more rural British roads, there's nothing else much new. I didn't find the 'treasure hunt' challenges that fun.

17 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Thanks. Is Fortune Island any good?

It's absolutely worth playing but as Pob says it's really like they just stapled more scotland on top of the existing map.

But at £16 the pair, do it.

53 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Thanks, went for the bundle. You seem to get a load of other bits and bobs as well.

Anyone managed to get the Cyberpunk car? I can’t find it anywhere in game.

Spoiler

There's a street race event in Edinburgh which unlocks it if you win. It wasn't highlighted at all I had to resort to Google to find it.

2 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Just tried this on the Series x, looks great but I can’t join any online sessions. Apparently this is a known bug lots of people are getting- it’s being worked on but no ETA for a fix as yet.

? I guess you haven't started from scratch? You cannot join any online stuff until you have done the initial introduction - which I think IIRC is a full cycle of all the seasons. Then to join any convoys etc you have to be at least level 20 I believe.

5 minutes ago, MattyP said:

? I guess you haven't started from scratch? You cannot join any online stuff until you have done the initial introduction - which I think IIRC is a full cycle of all the seasons. Then to join any convoys etc you have to be at least level 20 I believe.

No, I’d already played some of the game ages ago on game pass. This is a known bug- you get the ‘unable to join session’ message. I googled it and loads of people have the same issue, and the Forza team have confirmed they’re working on it.

14 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Just tried this on the Series x, looks great but I can’t join any online sessions. Apparently this is a known bug lots of people are getting- it’s being worked on but no ETA for a fix as yet.

Yeah I've not been able to connect since the last update a week ago. Been playing solo ever since. If you raise a ticket, they reply saying it's a known issue and the mark the ticket as resolved. You then get an email saying "how did we do?" with a yes or no link and a feedback box, if you click either, you get a response saying "sorry, this ticket is now closed so you can't add anything further to it". That is sadly how Forza support has always been. 

5 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Yeah I've not been able to connect since the last update a week ago. Been playing solo ever since. If you raise a ticket, they reply saying it's a known issue and the mark the ticket as resolved. You then get an email saying "how did we do?" with a yes or no link and a feedback box, if you click either, you get a response saying "sorry, this ticket is now closed so you can't add anything further to it". That is sadly how Forza support has always been. 

They’ve acknowledged it on Twitter too, not that it’s any better. Hopefully they’ll fix it sooner rather than later.

Just came here to ask if anyone else was unable to join online sessions, so it’s reassuring that it’s not just me and it’s a known issue.

Destiny aside, this has been by far my most played game since getting a Series X. It’s such a sumptuously polished and enjoyable experience and I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve suddenly realised that I’ve just been cruising the rural Cotswolds lanes of my childhood without any particular aim, just enjoying the scenery, the sublime driving model that’s pitched perfectly between arcade and sim and zoning out while my mind wanders. All to the sounds of Bach, Handel and Mozart of course. Perfect chillout game.

43 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I bought Bamburgh Castle last night, as I wanted a quick achievement to finish off my daily points set before the Leeds match started.

So I think you should address me as M’Lord from now on.:eyebrows:

:) Still saving up for Edinburgh castle... 11m so far... not far off now... It would of course help if I played the game a bit more often....

On 17/12/2020 at 09:12, Waggo said:

I bought Bamburgh Castle last night, as I wanted a quick achievement to finish off my daily points set before the Leeds match started.

So I think you should address me as M’Lord from now on.:eyebrows:

I mean I've got Bamburgh and Edinburgh castles and every property in the game, so you can all call me Your Lordship Rees Mogg Rothschild Bezos the third. 

I spent an hour or so on this today and I can’t think of anything I’d rather play, we are going through a rough time and while at times I feel guilty having fun due to some personal sadness I can just zone out and drive around and be lost in a familiar world!

Somehow I ended up doin the truck racing challenge and I bloody loved it, it was more fun racing the truck than I’ve had in Dirt 5.... and the prize is mental, drifting a truck around the outside of a transit in Scotland is silly fun of the highest order. I then set after some other seasonal challenges and my least favourite are the cross country with the set of vehicles on Solstice sea... after some shitty 5 places I decided to lower the AI but it was too easy so back upto highly skilled (and no rewind or TC) and I just got in the zone and smashed the series :) 

I think this could be the perfect game for me, drop in and out of it and pick and choose what I do with lots of honing around in ridiculous vehicles :wub: