Jump to content

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing


Recommended Posts

On 18/12/2020 at 10:21, pinholestar said:

New update has just beamed its way to my Series X which seems to have fixed the ‘unable to connect’ issues. Matchmaking now working again for the co-op seasonal events too.


I’m still getting exactly the same error- did they manage to break it again already?? I was hoping it would be fixed by Christmas so I could play it over the break :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Retroguy said:


I’m still getting exactly the same error- they they manage to break it again already?? I was hoping it would be fixed by Christmas so I could play it over the break :(

 

That's odd. It's been working fine for me since the update, including earlier today.

 

Only slight annoyance that still remains is that if you use Quick Resume it doesn't update the daily seasonal challenges when you log back in again. It acts as if you were still on the day that you originally closed the game to the dashboard and the 'time remaining/time until active' will be the same as it was when you logged out. You have to close it down fully and log back in again for them to update. Hope they can fix that because until I figured out what was going on I missed out on a few as a result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing this almost exclusively for the past couple of weeks with my son and it’s really gelled.

 

Buying the ultimate pack really helped, the new locations bring a lot of freshness to the main locations. Loads more cars available which also help. Still useless at some challenges but appreciating the nuances between all cars more too. Playing more of the linear, structured missions helped loads as it broke away from the driving around looking for something to do element. The insurance person was particularly good, the dialogue was so funny.

 

The real star though has been the Lego element, it just works so well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got Fortune Island yesterday as it's only £5.99 at the moment and I think I actually prefer it to the Lego DLC. The terrain is just superb, I definitely prefer the off road style events, and the weather elements just make it even more fun. Drift Zones have an added element of difficulty due to the sheer drops and the Northern Lights just look spectacular. 

 

I'm playing this on a One X with a 42 inch screen so I can only imagine how sexy this is on a Series X with 50 inches glaring back at you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a Series X at Christmas and this is the first thing I’ve jumped into on Game Pass. Really enjoying it, even though the icons on the map are a bit overwhelming. 
 

Added a bunch of you from the last few pages with a gamer tag in your signatures, hope you don’t mind! First Xbox since the 360 so my friends list is barren...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a real downer about this a while back and even posted to that effect here. I then struggled to find a driving game I enjoyed more and other than gt sport which is obviously a different kettle of fish I had to get back into this so re bought a one x and am back loving it. I also bought FH3 before it got de listed as well and am glad I did and think I enjoy it even more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bangaio said:

I had a real downer about this a while back and even posted to that effect here. I then struggled to find a driving game I enjoyed more and other than gt sport which is obviously a different kettle of fish I had to get back into this so re bought a one x and am back loving it. I also bought FH3 before it got de listed as well and am glad I did and think I enjoy it even more. 

Why did you go for a One X over one of the new consoles? I think I’d even rather take the resolution hit of the Series S for the fast loading times. It really is such a massive improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Why did you go for a One X over one of the new consoles? I think I’d even rather take the resolution hit of the Series S for the fast loading times. It really is such a massive improvement.

Good question. I can hack waiting a few minutes for it to load, have a 4K tv and saved £100. I also wanted to play RDR2 in 4K and not 900p as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bangaio said:

Good question. I can hack waiting a few minutes for it to load, have a 4K tv and saved £100. I also wanted to play RDR2 in 4K and not 900p as well. 

If you’re on a tight budget then fair enough and I suppose you won’t miss it if you’ve never experienced it, but don’t ever go round to a mate’s who’s got a Series console!

 

I won’t comment on RDR2, as my opinion on that is well known around here!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on Fortune Island over the weekend and am really enjoying that too.

 

I think what that and the Lego Speed Racers pack made me realise is that I prefer playing this when its a smaller, more compact location. The main island feels much more daunting now and even though you can fast travel from spot to spot it feels too big.

 

Personally I hope Forza 5 is more like a World Tour with a dozen or so maps that you can flit between rather than the one massive area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forza steals more from Test Drive Unlimited with every release (the house thing that came in with FH4 was the central premise of TDU) but TDU had the whole real island of Oahu with 1000 miles of road.

 

So you can see how Horizon has always been a little disappointingly small.

 

The Crew does a US map with the major landmarks, coast to coast is about 40-50 real miles I'd say.

 

They're not for you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Personally I hope Forza 5 is more like a World Tour with a dozen or so maps that you can flit between rather than the one massive area.

 

I actually love the fact that you can cover one end to the other. 

 

I think a balance of the two would be ideal. Ridiculous request perhaps but I'd like FH5 to have...

 

More than one country...

 

...connected by imaginary motorways and tunnels. Imagine getting on a motorway in the lake district, and watching the trees start to thin out, dry out, and all of a sudden you're in a massive expansive desert of a different country?  Sure it's a little contrived, but I don't think it'd matter. There's a point at which realism is enhancing the experience and a point where it stops. It's not a huge leap from the fictional connection of the Uffington horse to Edinburgh town centre

 

...but each distinct 'land' you can fast travel to like any other kind of world map system. No need to drive between them, unless you were.

 

I can dream. I'm thinking a bit more like an MMO. but in World of Warcraft you'd pretty much walk through a big stoney gate and go from mystical forestland to desert like barrens. I liked that you _could_ walk from point to point, or just portal there to another end (or get on a flying lion and go put the kettle on). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an Xbox after 6 years of not gaming, and I'm still mainly playing this. I love just getting in an average car and driving it like a maniac. The views from the mountains are  amazing as well, the sound of the wind on your car with the engine off is just pure class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cowfields said:

Imagine getting on a motorway in the lake district, and watching the trees start to thin out, dry out, and all of a sudden you're in a massive expansive desert


It’s called Outrun! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

It should do, although there may be possibly some way to buy it that would change that.

 

I bought the Ultimate Edition on release and all the DLC was play anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cowfields said:

 

I actually love the fact that you can cover one end to the other. 

 

I think a balance of the two would be ideal. Ridiculous request perhaps but I'd like FH5 to have...

 

More than one country...

 

...connected by imaginary motorways and tunnels. Imagine getting on a motorway in the lake district, and watching the trees start to thin out, dry out, and all of a sudden you're in a massive expansive desert of a different country?  Sure it's a little contrived, but I don't think it'd matter. There's a point at which realism is enhancing the experience and a point where it stops. It's not a huge leap from the fictional connection of the Uffington horse to Edinburgh town centre

 

...but each distinct 'land' you can fast travel to like any other kind of world map system. No need to drive between them, unless you were.

 

I can dream. I'm thinking a bit more like an MMO. but in World of Warcraft you'd pretty much walk through a big stoney gate and go from mystical forestland to desert like barrens. I liked that you _could_ walk from point to point, or just portal there to another end (or get on a flying lion and go put the kettle on). 

 


 

Open world outrun sounds ace. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right?

 

The thing about FH4 is I find myself getting frustrated when I take part in races. All the graphics and racing and...stuff and then when you win you've got "Ok mad sick you're on your way to becoming da best with these 18 more race icons we've added to the map"...

 

But when you just drive the roads, watch the scenery go by, it's great. It's worth the time. It's peaceful. Sandbox driving. I found it sort of frustrating that I had to get a boat to fortune island. I'd have liked to drive onto a ferry and just sort of sit there and see it appear on the (Forza) horizon. 

 

Sometimes when I put a destination into the satnav I'll follow the roads carefully. Sometimes I'll just drive in a straight line, o'er hills and vales. It's a liberating feeling and the lack of invisible walls is a subtle example of 'next gen'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2021 at 13:02, Shimmyhill said:

I got the all roads travelled achievement pop yesterday but I still have two roads to find, I feel cheap and am hunting them out but my word I can’t see them...

 

 

The dragstrip on the frozen lake that only appears during the winter season counts as a road, but not towards the achievement IIRC

Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggled to find the last two roads, but found it was easier if you turn off all the map icons. There are two roads in the top right that are quite hard to find - just below Edinburgh, around Arthur’s Seat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darren said:

This might be a stupid question but how do you tell which roads you've already driven on? In other words, how do you work out where you still need to go?

 

Roads you haven't driven down are slighted faded in colour.

 

You have to travel down the whole road in some cases.

 

I did what was suggested above - filtered out all icons and scoured the map zoomed in! 

 

The things I do for stupid achievements...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.