Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

On 07/01/2021 at 15:55, Boothjan said:

Roads you haven't driven down are slighted faded in colour.

You have to travel down the whole road in some cases.

I did what was suggested above - filtered out all icons and scoured the map zoomed in! 

The things I do for stupid achievements...

I found that I really couldn't see the roads I'd missed on my aging plasma TV. Switched to the kids newer lcd and they were really obvious. Maybe it's a contrast thing? 

14 hours ago, Fletch said:

Guy recreates an issue of Evo entirely with Forza Horizon 4 screenshots. 
https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/65157205/evo-car-of-the-decade

I was a long time subscriber to evo so love that, actually bought my first evo in years last month and it’s a shame that it’s on crappy paper and poorly printed these days - the Forza one looks higher quality!

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I was a long time subscriber to evo so love that, actually bought my first evo in years last month and it’s a shame that it’s on crappy paper and poorly printed these days - the Forza one looks higher quality!

Yeah when I started working in magazines the quality of the product was so much better, it's such a shame but that's how they ate still making mags. 

I had a very dissapointing bug in this. I tired to play this on my One X in Dec (after the new consoles had launched) and it wasn't letting me go to the map, or registering any combos or events. I put it down to a glitch and went and played something else. Booted it up the other day to find it was still the same. Anyway the short of it is after much troubleshooting I had to delete and reload the whole game and it works again. Most annoying given I never experienced anything like this until it was made "forward compatible". 

• 5 weeks later...

Will it come to Steam properly though or will it be like Flight Sim where the Steam download is a tiny installer which then fails just as badly as the MS store one at downloading the 100gb game and more importantly means you can't backup the game which is really the only reason I want the MS games on Steam because while I'd like to see Forza 7 on my new thunderrig I'm not going to tie up my entire internet for 24 hours for what would probably end up being 30 minutes gaming.

It's always a map screen or a title screen that leaks, isn't it? Never an in-game shot, or anything that would be particularly difficult to fake. They've been predicting the next Forza will be set in Japan since before FH4 came out.

I've just started playing this after downloading it a while ago on GamePass. I've been enjoying it for the hour or so I've put into it, but it's weirding me out. My gamertag is Stoatboy - that's how I think of myself when I'm gaming (despite being nearly 50 now). I always choose a female avatar if offered, just because that's what I'd rather look at, so that's at odds with my Gamertag, but whatever. But then this is doing that MS thing of spotting my actual name which is very common, and calling me by it, so the game occasionally refers to me as Mark, and that's just one layer too far. (I used to play Links against a mate called Adam, who detested the fact that the game constantly referred to him as "Up and Adam"). 

But yes, basically, I'm using an assumed name, and my character is a woman, and I'm fine with that. Could you please not use my real name like it's a fucking wake-up call?

And then beyond that almost every car I see on the road is supposedly driven by someone on my friends list, when I know they're absolutely not playing this right now (most of them I haven't spoken to in 7 or 8 years). I'll overtake one of them, and then within seconds the same "friend" will pass me coming the other way. Every race is full of people I haven't seen in the best part of a decade (and usually the ones I liked least are winning). I've been distracted and crashed whilst trying to work out who some of these fuckers off my friend list are.

It's really odd - all stuff that was meant to look lovely and friendly and community-based that actually looks really clunky and awkward and vaguely sinister and desperate.

Still, quite enjoying the game, so I'll stick with it for a while.

11 hours ago, MarkN said:

And then beyond that almost every car I see on the road is supposedly driven by someone on my friends list, when I know they're absolutely not playing this right now (most of them I haven't spoken to in 7 or 8 years). I'll overtake one of them, and then within seconds the same "friend" will pass me coming the other way. Every race is full of people I haven't seen in the best part of a decade (and usually the ones I liked least are winning). I've been distracted and crashed whilst trying to work out who some of these fuckers off my friend list are.

You can turn off the icons that indicate a car is driven by a pretend AI version of someone off your friends list, which helps the immersion no end. They’re still there, but they don’t have the big icon with their gamertag floating above the car. 

@K @Rubber_Johnny Both of those tips helped, thanks. Removing the icons above cars is sooo much better. And for now I have the announcer calling me "treacle", but she doesn't say it like Pete Beale so I'll probably try something else when I go back in.

I'm really enjoying it in the 20-30 minute spells I get with it, although that means I just tend to bimble around the map doing a couple of races each time in the cars I've been given, ignoring everything else. I need to find a couple of hours to give it a proper play, and tinker with the vast amount of other stuff I've not gone near yet. I am loving the UK theme though - it's lovely to see familiar countryside, road signs etc.

On 17/02/2021 at 19:47, MattyP said:

https://www.talkesport.com/news/gaming/forza-horizon-5-map-leaked-online/

Looks like Forza Horizon 5 could be set in Japan! Elaborate mock up if not.

Hope this is a genuine leak! Should be great. Lovely scenery around there and always liked the Japanese point to point tracks in Forza Motorsport 3.

I’ll bet the forum’s singular remaining bollock that it’s not set in Japan.

I think FH5 needs a serious rethink, unless it's been wildly popular with the direction they took. Seasons were cool, but I think we've done the basic formula enough times now. Although truth be told, one of the things that eventually turned me off was the Spectrum-esque load times. Thing of the past, mercifully. 

So, yeah, don't just make it Japan, however cool that would be. 

I saw the Hot Wheels cars in game last night and they look fun but despite me owning the super duper deluxe edition it says they are £7.19, I was under the impression that all the car packs were included in the super duper deluxe edition?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-edition/9p513p4mwc71?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-4-car-pass/9mzpp9xxp13l

It doesn't say that in the description of ultimate bundle. They haven't released a car pack in 2 years. I chucked them the £7.19 as a thank you for the hundreds of hours I've gotten from the game. The cars are a novelty but I enjoyed 4/6 of them. They've added multiple free cars to unlock over the years the game has been out along with weekly free content and monthly updates. 

I've been having a go at getting back into this after a fair time away, was missing it anyways and also missing seeing my my little nephew with the all lockdowns, so want to at least be able to play online and chat with the little turd and show him my my racing skills while I can't see him. But DAMN there's so many tabs and menu's it gets a bit overwhelming for a simple chap like me set things up and the very many map icons put Trials Rising to shame.

Found I had 90 odd wheelspins built up I went through the other day and 30 odd super wheelspins just earlier today that have added me a nice load more cars and credits. Checking my message centre I count about another 150 gifted super wheelspins to go through too :blink:

The wing on this Zenvo thing is rather bonkers...

ThinComposedAmericanbobtail-size_restric

giphy.gif

On 24/02/2021 at 22:02, Meatball said:

Found I had 90 odd wheelspins built up I went through the other day and 30 odd super wheelspins just earlier today that have added me a nice load more cars and credits. Checking my message centre I count about another 150 gifted super wheelspins to go through too :blink:

Yeah, money becomes meaningless fairly quickly in this and I don't think I've ever actually bought a car. Everything you need is handed to you at some point, baring houses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Free 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS gift car if you play between 9th March 10am PST and 10am on the 14th PDT, whatever that is in UK time.

Close call, I almost used one of my Backstage Pass things to 'buy' it a couple of days ago.