Ori and the Will of the Wisps

• 2 months later...

If it wasn't for Sekiro, this would be the game of the show for me at Gamescom.

Yes, it looks and sounds wonderful but the real star of the show is how good it feels to play. It's just soooo smooth. Double jumping into a boost into a grapple into a burrow is so damn satisfying and they've improved the combat, arguably the weakest part of the first.

Superb stuff.

Excellent. I hope it’s got the challenge of the original. I know a lot of people moaned about the Ginso Tree escape, but I loved sections like that which really gave you a challenge on all the moves you’d learned up to that point. The feeling of beating it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as satisfying if it was easier.

I can’t wait for this.

• 9 months later...
On 23/08/2018 at 10:21, JPL said:

Excellent. I hope it’s got the challenge of the original. I know a lot of people moaned about the Ginso Tree escape, but I loved sections like that which really gave you a challenge on all the moves you’d learned up to that point. The feeling of beating it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as satisfying if it was easier.

I can’t wait for this.

YES!! That was one of the OMFG moments in that game. Brilliant!

I'm definitely team Escape sequences. They were thrilling.

This is easily one of the highlights of E3 so far. I was lucky enough to play some of this last year,  and yeah, it's silky smooth and super fun.

They're fine, but either make them easier via an option or skippable after you've died 900 times. Don't spike the difficulty so high people can't continue.

So this sequel can go fuck itself.

43 minutes ago, Shoes said:

They're fine, but either make them easier via an option or skippable after you've died 900 times. Don't spike the difficulty so high people can't continue.

So this sequel can go fuck itself.

I agree with you on this btw. 

• 8 months later...

Really looking forward to this too. Adored the first one and want to jump into this one as my next platform/metroidvania challenge. So much so I've deliberately kept Hollow Knight, Celeste and Gucamelee 2 at arms length despite them all being downloaded and ready to play on Game Pass. Not long now!

3 hours ago, ChrisN said:

The first one was ace. It's one of the best looking games around. Looking forward to the sequel. :)

Best sounding too - the music in the first game is just.. :wub::wub::wub:

1 minute ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Limited gaming time would mean putting Ori off for months and I just don't think I can do it.

Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania. You should definitely get around to it soon.