11 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Snakey thing innit. Can't recall any camera issues to be honest and was never one shotted. Just a hard boss.

Try running from the snakes into a corner or being grabbed in light armour. Both are things that can happen.

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Try running from the snakes into a corner or being grabbed in light armour. Both are things that can happen.

You may be a little low, I remember being able to survive the grab, just.

The most annoying part of this fight for me was the LACK of multiple lock on, more specifically, when the smaller snakes were attached to the main body.

I’m not going to say any more other than look at armour options that will allow you to survive the grab attack.

Yeah, I haven't been back yet as I'm doing a Survival Horror revisit (The Evil Within 2 is amazing - just did a Classic mode run) but I'll be back to it before long. I was using super light ninja gear for ki recovery, but the defence is obviously very weak as a tradeoff and my damage straight up doesn't seem to be where it needs to be at the moment. I'll see what else is available, maybe shake it up a bit.

How hard / controller wall throwing is this? I’ve just beaten Dark Souls on PS5 and am very keen to try something else, and always fancied the look of this but had originally bounced off the PS3 version of Dark Souls so wrote Nioh off as being too tricky. Now I’ve beaten Souls I wonder if this could be for me but not if it’s staggeringly tricky!

2 minutes ago, Aphex Tim said:

How hard / controller wall throwing is this? I’ve just beaten Dark Souls on PS5 and am very keen to try something else, and always fancied the look of this but had originally bounced off the PS3 version of Dark Souls so wrote Nioh off as being too tricky. Now I’ve beaten Souls I wonder if this could be for me but not if it’s staggeringly tricky!

How are your reactions and twitch skills? It's 60fps, smoother and more precise than Dark Souls, but not necessarily harder once you understand its systems.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

How are your reactions and twitch skills? It's 60fps, smoother and more precise than Dark Souls, but not necessarily harder once you understand its systems.

Not terrific per se (Celeste for example annoys the hell out of me because I’m rubbish at it) but my issue was normally impatience. With Souls I learned to learn if that makes sense and not just try and bum rush everything ending in disaster. 

I bounced off the first but still bought 2 when it was cheap last year. Bounced off that too.

The PS5 patch seemed like as chance to try again as I am looking for something to scratch the Soulsborne itch. I'm really struggling with the endless mechanics and systems that need to be managed but am slowly forcing my way into it. I am putting effort in, despite frustration, only because it took me long enough to get into Souls but, from the moment they clicked, they became the GOAT for me and, as I am always encouraging people to stick with Souls, thought I'd heed my own advice for this.

There is something a bit off with the level design that isn't really working for me (I'm only up to the second main boss so 2 missions plus one side mission in so it's early days) but the habit of just placing an enemy every ten metres is starting to grate. Even more so when they are the bigger sized demons squashed into enclosed spaces as in the level I'm now on. I'd probably like a little freedom to explore and to breathe a little. It'd also be nce to spend more time in non dark, and non dark and red, environments so hope there is a lot more variety to come.

I am starting to learn the mechanics and that is making things easier, especially the counter burst thing which makes the bigger enemies a lot less bother. I'm finding the constant need to press R1 after attacks to be a tad tiresome though and, equally so, a control system that has a shift key is probably a bit much for me. I don't really know what I am doing with stance so randomly switch it up which is convenient as I do so accidentally a lot anyway.

There is also way too much loot, most of which is already being ignored by me unless I randomly check the inventory and notice a much better piece of armour or weapon. When I fight a big demon or three guarding a chest it is a bit disappointing to find a variant of something I've already acquired half a dozen remixes of.  Same for finding chests hidden away - there is just no real sense of reward.

However, it is very early days and when it clicks I am enjoying it and am currently just ignoring most of the systems and hoping it will become clear when I need to pay attention to them but I can tell you it was disheartening to find that every single weapon type has it's own skill tree as well as one for the various player classes, fuck alone knows what with the cores, etc, etc.

I do like finding the little green lads and the cat ball.

29 minutes ago, Aphex Tim said:

Not terrific per se (Celeste for example annoys the hell out of me because I’m rubbish at it) but my issue was normally impatience. With Souls I learned to learn if that makes sense and not just try and bum rush everything ending in disaster. 

I'm just starting out and, despite the control system and mechanics being (over) complicated and a bit confusing, the windows for execution seem a bit more generous than FROM's games so that is helping me battle through my ongoing confusion as to what everything does.

The game though does feel harder than Soulsborne as the number of enemies is unrelenting and there is less space to explore between enemeies (with the proviso that these are early impressions I am not very far into the game at all). I think patience will be as valuable a tool as it is in Souls. 

12 hours ago, Aphex Tim said:

One thing that makes this game very different from Souls is the ability to coop an entire stage. This means if you’re ever struggling on a level you can just call people in and they will do a lot of the work for you.

It’s almost like playing a different game.

12 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Can anyone help?

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA15526_00-NIOH2EU000000000

You can buy Noih 2 PS4 for £35

Nioh 2 Remastered (PS5 Upgrade) is free

Nioh 2 Remastered ) is PS4/PS5 and £50

But due to Sony's new store I can't work out what's different (if anything) in the £50 package over the £35?

you get the DLC which is about £20

On 09/02/2021 at 20:52, Curtis said:

Fuck it. Just double-dipped. May as well use my extensive experience to guide these fresh fish through the troublesome parts. Plus there are new DLC weapons which I'm hoping are available from the off.

Really tempted to start again myself.

I like the idea of starting from the very beginning and cooping as much as possible to help beginners.

So I cracked and started this again.

I copied my save over so I have it if I want it, but I preferred the idea of getting stuck into coop in the early days of the game.

I’m going full on magic as I’ve never done it in this series. This gave me the starting weapons of the switchglaive and 3 sectioned staff. I’m not a fan of either TBH, but this may be down to me being too ingrained with my original weapons.

For anyone worried about the difficulty in this, I’ve played it for 230 hours and I still died like 10+ times on the first level! So just accept the death and figure it out for next time.

I’m also going for a full on consumables use play. I generally don’t use consumables (apart from health) as I think I’m ingrained with Devil May Cry’s ‘you lower your score when you use an item’ theory, which is obviously complete nonsense for this game, so I’m going to be chugging these like there’s no tomorrow.

I know people are having issues with the yokai pools...As I’m chugging consumables it’s worth noting that scared water speeds up the recovery of your Ki, which can be helpful when there’s a lot of pools around.

I’ve completed the first level so going to see what levels I can get into for coop play.

Any quick way to farm elixir? Ran out on a particularly rough sub mission involving many maulings. Run early mission with all kodama and healing blessing as per Nioh? I note the move to Storage doesn't work for elixirs which scuppers that method.

9 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Any quick way to farm elixir? Ran out on a particularly rough sub mission involving many maulings. Run early mission with all kodama and healing blessing as per Nioh? I note the move to Storage doesn't work for elixirs which scuppers that method.

I dunno about farming it, but in the first you could donate a ton of your old crap to the kodama shrine and they'd bless you with tons of elixirs in return.

This admittedly isn't great advice if you don't still have a ton of crap items on you / they changed it for 2.

12 hours ago, Curtis said:

Did you copy over your PS4 save and Hex edit it? Is it pretty straightforward to do?

Yea, it’s straightforward.

You load the PS4 version (on PS4 obvs), you need version 1.25 or newer. This adds an option in Settings to cross save manage.

Select upload cross save and up it goes.

You then load the PS5 version, go to setting and select download cross save.

Depending on where your save was on the PS4 you may need to DL the DLCs for PS5 to get the game to accept DLing it.

I got an error saying I didn’t have the rights to DL the save but getting the DLC for PS5 fixed it.

Had a wonderful old session of Jolly coop this morning.

People literally calling for support from level 1. I helped a load of noobs (you get spot one a mile way and they’re fully decked in DLC outfits). Me on the other hand look like something out of Mad Max right now LOL, all odds and ends clothing.

Pretty much spent the whole session doing level 1, before finally finishing level 2 myself and then jolly cooping that.

I just want to reaffirm that anyone concerned about the difficulty of this game. THERE IS NO NEED FOR CONCERN! Doesn’t matter how bad you are at these types of games, you’ll get through a level if you play coop, I guarantee it*

When I played this morning, multiplayer was super active with people jumping in to help. One person I helped pretty much spent half their time hiding while I did the heavy lifting. 

I’ve pretty much got myself up to level 28 just helping people on levels 1 and 2, which is fine with me. I’m happy just messing around with stuff that took me 30 hours before I even realised it was a thing when I originally played it.

*not a guarantee

4 hours ago, Goemon said:

Yea, it’s straightforward.

You load the PS4 version (on PS4 obvs), you need version 1.25 or newer. This adds an option in Settings to cross save manage.

Select upload cross save and up it goes.

You then load the PS5 version, go to setting and select download cross save.

Depending on where your save was on the PS4 you may need to DL the DLCs for PS5 to get the game to accept DLing it.

I got an error saying I didn’t have the rights to DL the save but getting the DLC for PS5 fixed it.

Sorry i meant copying and editing my PS4 save to use on PC.