IGNORED

Control. Latest weirdness from Remedy.

Cosmic_Guru

My copy is on the way from Simply Games.

I'm a big Remedy fan so I'm all in for paying release day price even though it'll probably be half price before October. 

Trailers don't give much away so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and my head messed with. 

I’ll be keeping an eye on this. I’ve just been playing through Quantum Break and even though I’m not arsed about the story, the combat is ace. The time powers are really good fun, especially when you string them together.

To me this looks like more of the same, but they’ve swapped out time for telekinesis, which sounds even better.

The only thing I’d say is that the broken up story just doesn’t work in QB and they should have kept to a linear narrative like Alan Wake. It’s also not as atmospheric in its environments as AW. Still a great game though.

If they’ve managed to fuse the atmosphere of AW with the combat, albeit twisted, of QB, then it can’t fail.

I hope.

6 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

If you're playing really early, watch out as you might miss a big Day One patch!

Thomas Puha, Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment has stated a Day One title patch has already been released (last week). Are you referring to another one which will be launched nearer to the official release of the game?

34 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Thomas Puha, Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment has stated a Day One title patch has already been released (last week). Are you referring to another one which will be launched nearer to the official release of the game?

Nope, I was just speculating - I wasn't aware of what Thomas had said.

Do these retailers still sell physical PC games? Would love to hear if anyone gets the PC game early and if the game has ray tracing implemented from the off. Interested in getting the game regardless but having a 2080Ti and hearing this game makes use of RT a lot it's definitely high on my list.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Mine just turned up from simply. +1 for the bank holiday weekend and having to post early!

Me too. Very impressed by getting it this early.

Won't be able to play until later on (bloomin' kids!) but will defo post some impressions once I have given it a go.