Trials Rising

I just used that thing that catinthehat posted a pic of ... I have "invited" Omizzay, apparently, I must have to wait for him to accept.

Meanwhile, have these two platinum times ... I suspect I'll need better than that though. :)

53 minutes ago, Meatball said:

meatball46 on there and Uplay Ubisoft Connect.

Hmm, so Ubisoft and Ubisoft Connect are different.  I seem to already have most of you on my Connect friends list from last time.  We can just post screenshots, anyway.

It's all good.

Great idea, I've just put a time in on the first track. 51.718 I've only made the key timesaver a couple of times and only kind of made it on that run, so still a lot of time to come off that.

Not really sure what's going. on with the leaderboards.  Only friend I can see on there if revbob who sent me an invite yesterday.

Maybe we will have to post pics as proof on Friday.

So far. I've only done the Armadillo track.  Pretty difficult to get the perfect line, but I've put in a semi-decent run of 56.695 seconds.  How's everybody else doing on that one?

Yeah, I added everyone in this thread to my xbox friends list, yet I don't see any of them in the leaderboards for those tracks. Weird.

My times so far:

Armadillo: 52.521

Sanctuary: 35.755

For me...

Armadillo 49.948

Sanctuary 34.947

Liking the Armadillo one, pretty much just gun it full blast from start to end and just adjust your position along the way.

Not so consistent on the Sanctuary, trying to pace it right and get correct flow to be hitting the downwards parts after a gap and to make the jump up to that shelf bit near the end.

Meatball has always been a beast!

I'm struggling with the start of Armadillo - I keep smashing into that ramp on the first checkpoint.  Must've restarted it like 300 times tonight.  And if I clear it flawlessly, I end up messing up in the middle part in a panic.

Sanctuary is nice.  I'm on 36.2 at the moment but know I can bring it down further (mainly at the end).

Few more days left anyways...

Thanks :) I've been a couple of tenths up on that Armadillo time, but not managed to keep it to the end yet.

Is it the bit you go up on to right after the start and over a wheel, that next bit you hop on up there? or the one you jump off the end of there down to just where first checkpoint is?

That first wheel hop bit does catch me out sometimes getting the balance and keeping the speed right up.

The stupid ramp just before checkpoint 2 is the killer for me. You need to land on the downslope just after checkpoint 2 to get enough speed to get over the roof in one move, and for that, you need to get enough lift and speed off that ramp. I think I've got about a 5% success rate with that.

Knocked a couple of tenths off. Don't watch my replay, sketchy as fuck on the way down the otherside of that rooftop a couple of checkpoints in what you want to get a big jump towards on approach to its front side. Almost looped over backwards, dragging my ass along the roof :lol:

12 hours ago, Meatball said:

Is it the bit you go up on to right after the start and over a wheel, that next bit you hop on up there? or the one you jump off the end of there down to just where first checkpoint is?

For me its the jumping off the bit right after the wheel into that ramp where the first checkpoint is.  It's a bit of a bastard if you don't get it just right.

Shame I can't see anyone's replays.  Any idea how we can fix the leaderboards so we can all see our times and race our ghosts?

I can see a couple of the players on xbox now ... turns out they also had to add me to their friend lists, not just a "one way" thing.

I still have several unaccepted friend requests on Ubisoft Connect (including yourself, Omizzay). The only "confirmed" person I have in my Ubisoft friends list is "revrof", but he still doesn't appear in the leaderboards ... I'm not sure if he's even played those tracks (or even Trials Rising) yet.

9 hours ago, Meatball said:

Knocked a couple of tenths off. Don't watch my replay, sketchy as fuck on the way down the otherside of that rooftop a couple of checkpoints in what you want to get a big jump towards on approach to its front side. Almost looped over backwards, dragging my ass along the roof :lol:

If I don't get the speed & height required to clear the roof, my tactic has been to hit the left side of the apex with my back wheel while flipping forward to maintain at least some momentum. Sometimes it results in a comical back wheel drag. I'll never get a great time with that, I know. The pre-roof section is just so random for me at the moment.

If the person on other system has posted their time you can find it on the global leaderboard and watch or race against their ghost that way. Bit of a pain having to scroll through pages of times to get there though.

Down to 49.203 now

Lost the flow a little in bit up and over the silo, but nailed it through the barn pretty great to get back in front...

Had a crack at those tracks this morning. Did ok on the first one (but still waaaaay off some of your times), but struggling on the second. I can’t get a decent line on the second half. Might have to cop out and watch some replays if it goes on like this. 

I think I got a really lucky early run on Sanctuary, I haven't managed to get within half a second of it since then.

I'm pretty much done for the week. Any miniscule improvements I can make to my times will be paid for with my sanity.

Note that the final time shown onscreen in these replays is slightly different from the leaderboard time, weirdly.

Armadillo 51.489

Spoiler

Sanctuary 35.755

Spoiler

1 hour ago, marsh said:

I take it that the season pass adds significant value to this?

Only if you've finished everything else.  There's a lot of content without it.

Can you even finish a Trials game anyway?  You just end up playing the same few tracks over and over again until your thumbs hurt or your controller breaks because you accidentally smashed it into 1000 pieces with a massive fucking hammer.

Indeed, some of the home made tracks are worth it but even they need the DLC in places to play them. For the sake of 15 quid and the fact I know my limits on the extreme stuff, I'll give it a whirl...

How much do I need to unlock to post my awful times each week? I tried the PS4 version and life is too short to wait for those load times so picked it up on Xbox but obv have to start again, I forgot how awful the UI is and opening all those crates nearly had me turn it off as the Ubi server kept falling over stopping them working :mad:

I can see I this can be that game to play for a bit each day (and by that I mean hours and hours, I mean look at the time of this post...) but my word unlocking is gonna be painful!

You need to get enough XP to unlock the Mantis bike, which is unlocked at level 42 ... I reckon that's about an hour of getting golds and completing fairly easy contracts.

The crates are all full of cosmetic rubbish, I have hundreds of unopened ones, can't be bothered with any of that.

Week 1 of the Trials Custom Track Tourney done!  Thank you to all who competed.

Pretty sure Meatball wiped the floor with all of us on both tracks.  Can everyone please just repost their fastest times (will have to trust everyone without screenshots).

I got 36.2 on Sanctuary and 56.6 on Armadillo.

For this week, let's go with the following three tracks:

Tropical 1720 - Piratey track with some underwater action

Land of the Rock Giants - reminds me of that mountain scene in The Hobbit

Gem of the Aegean Sea - Trials in Santorini or Mykonos

image.png.9e137fafcfdcb9a7e2480e08e7dbf22c.png

If people are cool with it, maybe we'll introduce some Hard tracks next week.

As above: Armadillo 51.489, Sanctuary 35.755

@Omizzay I sent you a friend request via Ubisoft Connect. Unless their system is knackered, I think if you accept it we'll be able to see each others times in the in-game leaderboards. Same goes for anyone else that's posted here in the last week: you've probably got a friend request from me.

The Aegean map is gorgeous. 27 seconds for me so far, but I've still to manage a decent dismount off the dome onto that slight downslope though, I always land right on top of the curve, killing my speed.

Personally speaking, three maps per week might be one too many for me to focus properly on ... but if I'm in the minority, so be it.