Trials Rising

I'm up for some Trials rivalry, bit rusty but managed to get a 55" something on Armadillo after a few hours of reacclimating. I agree with @peeveen, two tracks a week sounds more manageable and personally I don't love hard tracks, too technical - prefer the flow of medium tracks for shaving off tenths of a second. 

Edit: btw there's two Land of the Rock Giants. Both by the same creator but still tricky for leaderboards. 

3 hours ago, peeveen said:

As above: Armadillo 51.489, Sanctuary 35.755

@Omizzay I sent you a friend request via Ubisoft Connect. Unless their system is knackered, I think if you accept it we'll be able to see each others times in the in-game leaderboards. Same goes for anyone else that's posted here in the last week: you've probably got a friend request from me.

The Aegean map is gorgeous. 27 seconds for me so far, but I've still to manage a decent dismount off the dome onto that slight downslope though, I always land right on top of the curve, killing my speed.

Personally speaking, three maps per week might be one too many for me to focus properly on ... but if I'm in the minority, so be it.

Can't see any requests or any friends on Ubisoft Connect.  And when I try to link it to my PSN and invite people it says An error has occurred, please try again later :S

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

Can't see any requests or any friends on Ubisoft Connect.  And when I try to link it to my PSN and invite people it says An error has occurred, please try again later :S

Weird. I definitely did manage to send an invite earlier in the week, but I checked 30 mins ago and it said there was no player with your name. I just checked again now, and this time it finds you, but says I didn't send an invite. Shambles.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I sent another. Get it while it's hot.

image.png.dae167c47defde5afa2e81fe4208c529.png

And I've been playing that Aegean track pretty much non-stop since you announced it. I doubt I'll be able to improve on this ...

Spoiler

Sick run @peeveen

I've only been focusing on Tropical and managed to get a 55.6.  Pretty decent run, though there is a crazy shortcut about halfway through which should be able to shave off a whole 4-5 seconds.  Really difficult to pull off though.

12 hours ago, peeveen said:

You need to get enough XP to unlock the Mantis bike, which is unlocked at level 42 ... I reckon that's about an hour of getting golds and completing fairly easy contracts.

The crates are all full of cosmetic rubbish, I have hundreds of unopened ones, can't be bothered with any of that.

Its a fair whack more than an hour and I’m on level 40 with just about everything done to gold level getting there and then I can start adding some terrible times to the board!

Quick resume and fast(ish) loading make this much more palatable but my word, the UI :o 

19 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Week 1 of the Trials Custom Track Tourney done!  Thank you to all who competed.

Pretty sure Meatball wiped the floor with all of us on both tracks.  Can everyone please just repost their fastest times (will have to trust everyone without screenshots).

I got 36.2 on Sanctuary and 56.6 on Armadillo.

For this week, let's go with the following three tracks:

Tropical 1720 - Piratey track with some underwater action

Land of the Rock Giants - reminds me of that mountain scene in The Hobbit

Gem of the Aegean Sea - Trials in Santorini or Mykonos

image.png.9e137fafcfdcb9a7e2480e08e7dbf22c.png

If people are cool with it, maybe we'll introduce some Hard tracks next week.

My bests were...

Armadillo 49.203
Sanctuary 34.947

Shall try and have a go on new tracks maybe this eve after work and MotoGP , but more likely might be tomorrow. 
Im up for a hard track :hat:

I would also be up for Hard tracks. I kinda prefer them, as with these Medium tracks, if you lose the flow even a little, you may as well restart. For example, I've completed that Aegean track a few dozen times, but I've done the first eight seconds of it hundreds of times, restarting if I lose even a tiny bit of speed on the run up to the dome. I think harder tracks have more potential for making up lost time.

But I don't wanna alienate anyone. If keeping it Medium means we get more participants, then do that.

I didn’t get much time on the actual tracks last week as - similar to @Shimmyhill - I needed to get to level 42 first. 

Anyway, my time for Armadillo was a rather poor 1:01.253

I almost didn’t share as it’s clearly bad, but figured (a) someone has to bring up the rear and (b) it might encourage others more at my level to join in! 

4 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I didn’t get much time on the actual tracks last week as - similar to @Shimmyhill - I needed to get to level 42 first. 

I almost didn’t share as it’s clearly bad, but figured (a) someone has to bring up the rear and (b) it might encourage others more at my level to join in! 

I’m in the same boat, while I was never amazing at the game I’ve always loved them and been able to do ok in the harder levels - I seem to have lost any ability I used to have and oddly while the older games were always played on Xbox consoles I originally played this one on PS4 and I’m struggling more on the Xbox pad - very odd as I prefer the pad.... maybe I’m just too old!

Im pretty much at level 42 and just messing about on UK UP level as it seems a good one to practice on - I’ll put some times up this week hopefully!

6 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

If it helps, it took me loads of attempts just to finish that Armadillo track without faulting.  Then I spent ages trying to get the first bit just right, and never managed it.  Then I fluked a decent (ish) end to end run and never got close to that time again.

I unlocked the Mantis and set about a time on Armadillo and my word, I was pleased to get under 3 mins, then under 2 and couldn’t believe these 50 sec times and then I just took a massive chunk off in one go...

It was my first cleanish run but so much time wasted with awful landings - how on earth are you guys so smooth!?!? 

Edit, next run was same no faults and 1.00.533... consistent at least......

Wtf, 1.000.533 again... am I watching a bloody replay (I wasn’t)

28 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

It was my first cleanish run but so much time wasted with awful landings - how on earth are you guys so smooth!?!? 

I'd like to offer advice, but a) in the presence of meatball, I don't really feel qualified, and b) it's largely instinctive after a point.

Only tip I can suggest off the top of my head is to try and land back-wheel first most of the time, but you probably know that. :P

11 hours ago, peeveen said:

I'd like to offer advice, but a) in the presence of meatball, I don't really feel qualified, and b) it's largely instinctive after a point.

Only tip I can suggest off the top of my head is to try and land back-wheel first most of the time, but you probably know that. :P

Any is welcome, I’m defi trying to land the rear first and momentum seems to be king - I got a 58 sec before I gave up but I also had many runs were I was 1.8 sec quicker to the first flag so there is loads of time to be had... loving it!

Well, if there's such a thing as cheating in Trials, then this is probably it.

Tropical 1720 - 53.238s

Spoiler

A bit of a fluke using the conveniently-placed debris from the collapsing platform. This is actually the second time that this happened, but I never managed to capitalise on it the first time.

As you can see, my previous best was only 0.341s behind this, using the same route, but done by back-wheel hopping on the log thing, then up and over.

Enjoy the 60fps footage from my new Series X ...

On 30/03/2021 at 21:59, peeveen said:

Well, if there's such a thing as cheating in Trials, then this is probably it.

Tropical 1720 - 53.238s

Reveal hidden contents

A bit of a fluke using the conveniently-placed debris from the collapsing platform. This is actually the second time that this happened, but I never managed to capitalise on it the first time.

As you can see, my previous best was only 0.341s behind this, using the same route, but done by back-wheel hopping on the log thing, then up and over.

Enjoy the 60fps footage from my new Series X ...

Awesome run sir :hat:

Trying to get through that gap for the shortcut is :mad: But after much swearing...

Tropical 1720 - 52.659

Hey sorry...been a bit swamped work-wise so I forgot to update this week's tourney.  Congrats to meatball and peeveen once again on their sick runs on last week's tracks.

For me, I was unfortunately not able to get jammy on the Tropical map and do the time save though I did improve on my time.  And the Aegean one I also wasn't able to do properly and get a good bounce off the dome without losing time.  Here are my not-so-great times:

- Tropical: 55.6

- Aegean: 28.2

This week, we will go with the following tracks:

1.  Smush Inc (Med) - a nice run through a deadly factory

2. Micro Trials (Easy) - like Micro Machines, but Trials

3. (Optional) Harder Medium Track:  "Oh, God!" - a truly one of a kind map which lets you race through the clouds but more difficult than most mediums (borderline hard).

Trials Tourney?!?!? Yeah man!

Not played this in ages, must be a couple of years or something. Re-downloaded it. Well rusty and playing with the PS5 pad feels weird. Managed a decent time after a few goes though.....

43:798

Forgot how much I love Trials. One of the best games ever made. Quality!

The DLC is on sale and I'd like to buy it for my daughter. I own the base game on Xbox which she plays on my 'home' console. Will we both be able to play the DLC in the same way if I buy the DLC on my account. I'd prefer to buy a code for her input herself but I guess that isn't an option. Does the Xbox store have any way to gift a DLC to another user?

45 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

The DLC is on sale and I'd like to buy it for my daughter. I own the base game on Xbox which she plays on my 'home' console. Will we both be able to play the DLC in the same way if I buy the DLC on my account. I'd prefer to buy a code for her input herself but I guess that isn't an option. Does the Xbox store have any way to gift a DLC to another user?

DLC content works just like "normal" game content: it's licensed to your account, and also your home console, meaning you can sign your account in anywhere and access the content, and any account can access the content on your home console.

I've never bought anything from the xbox store as a gift, but the "buy as a gift" link should be there (just under the "buy" button) on anything in the store.