rllmuk
TehStu

Xbox Product Name Placeholder (Project Scarlett)

Less weight with the PS4 controller though. Adding batteries makes it heavy. Personally I used mine wired (Razer controller) as it takes away input lag.

13 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Less weight with the PS4 controller though. Adding batteries makes it heavy. Personally I used mine wired (Razer controller) as it takes away input lag.

apologies mate. Didn’t realise that extra 70g was making such a difference to you.  What medical condition do you have that makes 210 grams ok but 280 grams unworkable?  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

The Xbox controller isn't heavy though and the DS just feels too light IMO.

2 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

No it doesn't.

come on guys at least he han’t embarrassed himself by claiming the DS 4 is better than everything MS have released ever put together and therefore is the king. 

One of the things I love about the new Elite controller is it's rechargeable and comes with it's own dock that sits on my side table next to me.

Gone are the days of playing dead battery roulette for a few days after you get the batteries need changing notification.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pug said:

One of the things I love about the new Elite controller is it's rechargeable and comes with it's own dock that sits on my side table next to me.

Gone are the days of playing dead battery roulette for a few days after you get the batteries need changing notification.

I was wondering if only the elite controllers were rechargeable? Hopefully they are standard with the next Xbox release. I do own a 360 controller, but I rarely use it for PC gaming.

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I was wondering if only the elite controllers were rechargeable? Hopefully they are standard with the next Xbox release. I do own a 360 controller, but I rarely use it for PC gaming.

E206A0EC-F4C2-4C73-9C69-14F2BD4DC0BC.jpeg

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Those things die so, so quickly.

but are cheaper than yet another DS4: swings, roundabouts.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

Do you think what will be in the controllers will be better? I'd imagine they'll be the same. 

I'm using my launch day play and charge battery still. It's max charge can be measured in hours, not days now but I haven't replaced it as it doesn't bother me too much, but if it did, it's about £20, quite a lot better than a replacement pad, not least because of the eventual journey to becoming landfill that products that can't be easily broken down end up taking. 

No company that professes to give a shit about the environment should be putting out products with a non removable battery, Microsoft should have stuck to the old system, imo. 

• Upvote 2

For my Xbox One I have a cheap Venom charge dock with two battery packs, £15 on Amazon.

I got my first one when I first got my Xbox One in 2014.  I’ve just replaced the venom kit as the batteries aren’t what they used to be, but I’ve never had to stop playing due to it.

£15 for five years or so is pretty good IMO.

• Upvote 1

The official Play and Charge kit is the way to go. Had mine since launch and charge still lasts for several days.

PS4 pad battery is naff in comparison, constantly having to charge mine.

• Upvote 1

i hope they stick with AAs. I have eneloops (or equivalent) and just pop in a fresh pair and put old pair on charge. I have batteries that i was using at launch still around. I don't like the idea of integral batteries due to longevity (trashing the controller when the battery is worn out) and charging (it runs out and I can't play so I have to own two controllers or a powerbank or run a cable) - the controller that weighs 70g less only has a 1000mah battery in it and has a light etc whereas my 2 eneloops are about 3800mah (a Nintendo Switch has 4300mah to power the whole system when portable :D so even if power draw were the same they'd last nearly 4 times longer.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Dudley said:

Had mine since just after getting my Xbox One on day one, and it's still going strong.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

i hope they stick with AAs. I have eneloops (or equivalent) and just pop in a fresh pair and put old pair on charge. 

This is the best setup. It's what i do too, never have to worry about finding working batteries or annoying people over party chat with the common charger hum when you plug a pad in.

14 hours ago, Pug said:

I just keep two charged eneloops ready to swap out. This saves roughly £155 over the Elite and the bonus of you not having a pad which will probably disintegrate within 24 hours of the warranty expiring.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pug said:

My gen 1 Elite is still like new, I don't know what you guys do with your controllers. :P

I don't think they are all faulty, just a higher than normal percentage break. The left rubber grip on mine came off after about 14 months. I've had a friend who had 3 of them, two had LB fail and one had the rubber grip come off. Another friend had one whos right analogue stick failed, and the replacement has nasty stick drift on the left & a stick X button.

• Upvote 3

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/6/21053989/microsoft-xbox-series-x-rear-ports-connectivity-amd-ces-2020

Microsoft revealed its Xbox Series X console last month, but the company strangely didn’t show off the rear of the device. During AMD’s CES keynote today, the chipmaker revealed the rear of the Xbox Series X briefly, showing off all of the connectivity ports. While many were wondering if Microsoft would drop its dual-HDMI ports from the Xbox One, there will clearly be two HDMI ports on the Xbox Series X. It’s not clear if Microsoft will continue to use these HDMI ports to support pass-through of cable TV boxes, though.

Microsoft is also including two USB-C ports, an Ethernet port, and optical out. 

Or maybe not

Awkward....

• Upvote 1

On 02/01/2020 at 13:41, Pug said:

My gen 1 Elite is still like new, I don't know what you guys do with your controllers. :P

All the rubber grips have come off mine (that started a few months after warrenty expiry of course) and the right bumper button is starting to fail. It gets pretty moderate use as I spend more time on the PC and Switch than on TV concoles. 

It's the worst made controller I've owned despite being the most expensive by far and offers virtually nothing in perfomance over a standard controller. Needless to say, I'll not be buying anything branded 'elite' by MS again in a hurry.

• Empathy 1

A solid support and service arrangement should really be included in the price of Elite controllers. 

• Upvote 2

I got my son a series 2 Elite controller for Christmas and it feels far better than my Series 1. Not much consolation for those that have been burned by the shoddy Series 1, but he goes through controllers faster than I can keep up. God knows what he does with them! I’ll be keeping an eye on this one and if it passes the test, then I’ll get one for myself.

The annoying thing is that, as it was so expensive, I have handled the Elite very, very carefully. Yet it has literally fallen apart.

Still, the braided USB cable is nice.

Also, whilst I am on one, those paddle triggers were shite too. I ended up removing them as they got in the way of where my fingers naturally rest.

11 hours ago, bear said:

Just as well, if the scale of those ports was accurate it could’ve doubled as a footstool.

The extra HDMI port did remind me of that brief window where MS said their backwards compatibility solution was plugging an entire Xbox 360  in to the Xbox One.

56 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Also, whilst I am on one, those paddle triggers were shite too. I ended up removing them as they got in the way of where my fingers naturally rest.

Aren't they supposed to be where your fingers naturally rest?!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I sent a my mint elite pad off for a replacement due to a sticking a button.

The replacement has a really grindy stick, scratched buttons and reeks of smoke :doh:

I had a similar experience, twice, when I returned my faulty Elite pad. MS do NOT have any 'new' pads available - I was advised that they are *all* returns and in my experience are nothing like the refurbished type you would expect. I ended up using the EU Dispute Resolution portal to secure a refund (which arrived in the form of a cheque from the US). The chap I dealt with in the US confirmed that the service centres are unable (for whatever reason) to ship out new controllers - they will *always* be 'refurbs'.

• Upvote 1