rllmuk

Xbox Series X - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.

21 hours ago, rafaqat said:

It's a pretty ugly game cover.    Would be good to see a few more examples.

Bleurgh. Series X and Xbox One and surely Series S too when it’s officially announced.

Next gen is a mess.

4vvpsscfcua51.jpg

Having separate 'Xbox Series X' and 'Xbox Series S' labels wouldn't make sense, would it? What works on one would work on the other, like XB1S and XB1X. Unless we've made false assumptions about what the XSS is or what it's called.

28 minutes ago, Pob said:

I'd expect to be able to put all my XB1 and 360 games onto my existing 4Tb HDD, plug it into the Series X as soon as it's booted up, and pick up where I left off. Anything less would be shite.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it’s going to work. You just can’t run Series X games from it. I think the only grey area is whether you can store your Series X games on a standard external when you’re not playing them.

I think you have to remove Series S from the conversation at the moment. We can't exactly complain about a confusing messaging when it is regarding a platform that isn't even announced yet.

If @deKaywere here he'd be posting that siren gif - although that may only be allowed in the Switch thread :D

• Upvote 2

I would imagine that those "optimised for series X" badges will disappear (or be made smaller) for new games released after the dust has settled around the next gen console launches. 

23 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I think you have to remove Series S from the conversation at the moment. We can't exactly complain about a confusing messaging when it is regarding a platform that isn't even announced yet.

If @deKaywere here he'd be posting that siren gif - although that may only be allowed in the Switch thread :D

rumourklaxon.gif.69a424da970cbc12b64fc44c2f165285.gif

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Stanley said:

Do you think it will be possible to store games on a normal hard drive and then transfer them to the SSD as and when you want to play them? 

You'd really hope so wouldn't you?

It's true, my one x was full in one day just from gamepass games, still about ten more I'd like to download but can't. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast the ssd makes things, some of the load times on one x are very excessive 

18 minutes ago, carlospie said:

It's true, my one x was full in one day just from gamepass games, still about ten more I'd like to download but can't. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast the ssd makes things, some of the load times on one x are very excessive 

You can delete some and install those other games you want to play, you know? :P

On 14/07/2020 at 17:32, Moz said:

If either of the manufacturers guaranteed 60fps in all games at a minimum, even if I had to run it in 1080p, I'd buy that console in a heartbeat. 

I said something similar in the PS5 thread:

The thing is, I’m not sure if 60fps can really be marketed in the same way that higher resolutions can; on the other hand, as resolutions increase the differences may be less noticeable to the average consumer...

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

I said something similar in the PS5 thread:

The thing is, I’m not sure if 60fps can really be marketed in the same way that higher resolutions can; on the other hand, as resolutions increase the differences may be less noticeable to the average consumer...

I thought 60fps coming to YouTube might make a difference, but it didn’t seem to. 

Read on VG247 that production of One variants is wrapping up, lots of retailers mark them discontinued or out of stock. Makes sense, if the Series S is positioned where we think it will be. 

Hopefully we can order the damn thing after the 23rd. 

10 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Read on VG247 that production of One variants is wrapping up, lots of retailers mark them discontinued or out of stock. Makes sense, if the Series S is positioned where we think it will be. 

Hopefully we can order the damn thing after the 23rd. 

That would surely mean that the Series S is pretty reasonably priced - like, £300-£350?

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

That is a very compelling vision to be sure. Microsoft are really doing everything right this time.

Yeah, hard to complain about any of that. It's not the stealth means of putting a media box under the TV of last gen, for sure. 

Big Phil smashing it out the park again. The value of Game Pass Ultimate really is just a game changer now. Online gaming, a catalogue of first party games on day one, third party games cycling through the catalogue and now the ability to play those first party games anywhere you want to on your mobile device. Take my money Phil, please and thank you.

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, marc2j said:

Big Phil smashing it out the park again. The value of Game Pass Ultimate really is just a game changer now. Online gaming, a catalogue of first party games on day one, third party games cycling through the catalogue and now the ability to play those first party games anywhere you want to on your mobile device. Take my money Phil, please and thank you.

I'm increasingly convinced that they are going to make this free when the Series X/S launch. It's the biggest remaining move they can make to get people to choose Xbox over PlayStation and Live is free on other platforms already. 

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

It’s our intent for all Xbox One games that do not require Kinect to play on Xbox Series X at the launch of the console. And because of the unprecedented power of Xbox Series X, most of your favorite games will load faster and look and perform many times better on the new console.

That is an upgrade on the previous assertion that thousands would be playable at launch - now he is saying that they intend to get them all working (well unless you like waving to a camera :D )

• Upvote 2

At any other point something like that would sound like ridiculous hyperbole but if Microsoft have shown anything in recent years it's that they're willing to alter course, and probably at great cost. I don't see how Ultimate can make them money with Live, Game Pass AND X Cloud. It's ridonkulous. I'm probably not in day one still but it's going to be very interesting to watch how the launches play out.

• Upvote 3