rllmuk
djbhammer

Xbox Series X - out November

Eastman's B3d comments, are at best, relaying what Microsoft wants to do with the Lockhart.  Wouldn't get to excited about a load of news outlets circle jerking themselves over a 'leak'.  

Love it to be true.  A cheap 1080p-1440p Gamepass machine GameCube size or smaller would be splendid.

£22 per month for All Access with a One X, with the option of upgrading to a Series X (and a new sub) after 18 months.

17 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Eastman's B3d comments, are at best, relaying what Microsoft wants to do with the Lockhart.  Wouldn't get to excited about a load of news outlets circle jerking themselves over a 'leak'.  

Love it to be true.  A cheap 1080p-1440p Gamepass machine GameCube size or smaller would be splendid.

I know it’s all speculation at the moment and that video is probably nonsense, but if the Lockhart was half the size of the Series X, making it a perfect cube, that’d be really cool.

I’d definitely pick 2 up for my boys if it turns out to be true.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

I know it’s all speculation at the moment and that video is probably nonsense, but if the Lockhart was half the size of the Series X, making it a perfect cube, that’d be really cool.

I’d definitely pick 2 up for my boys if it turns out to be true.

Yeah. Perfect replacement my daughter's S. Although I'd be mulling over stretching to an XSX instead for 'the family'.

13 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Yeah. Perfect replacement my daughter's S. Although I'd be mulling over stretching to an XSX instead for 'the family'.

Oh, I’m getting one of those for myself, no question. I’m more thinking that a cube shaped Series S would put them off the scent that I’ve got the best one!

• Upvote 2

Someone should make a decal kit that makes the X look like two S on top of each other if that happens.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

£22 per month for All Access with a One X, with the option of upgrading to a Series X (and a new sub) after 18 months.

Already got a One X. Hope they offer the deal to just get a Series X.

4 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Note that there's no guarantee that new sub will be at £22.

It almost certainly won’t. Even with a retail price of £260 for a One X, the current subscription is a bargain. But even something as low (on paper) as £30 a month would cover a pretty expensive console.

I've had All Access since Christmas and when you factor in the expected cost of the Ultimate subscription (if you've used the £1 to convert trick), i think its good value. I initially did it for the Series X upgrade after a year (which was the deal last Christmas). Its only Game and Smyths who did it at the moment, but i would be surprised if that changes in the future.

Anyone else worried that Facebook Gaming will be integrated in the dash now? Imaging clicking the new share button to open Facebook Gaming.

I think I'm actually out now.

• Upvote 2

if you're required to have a FB account in any way I'll be giving it a hard pass. That's the same reason I wont buy an Oculus.

I mean, FaceBook?? Anyone under 30 thinks its for old farts (I'm 49 by the way so no hate, please)

Facebook is something that is either required for work or the go-to platform for conservative grandparents to get their daily dose of right-wing conspiracy theories. Under 30 is putting it mildly, imo anyone under 45 /50 avoids it like the plague.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Facebook is something that is either required for work or the go-to platform for conservative grandparents to get their daily dose of right-wing conspiracy theories. Under 30 is putting it mildly, imo anyone under 45 /50 avoids it like the plague.

Facebook still have them though as they are all using Instagram and WhatsApp

• Upvote 1

I think it's crazy thst they're partnering with Facebook. I don't really know what it means for me, my data or my experience of the console, they need to announce that stuff ASAP before it becomes the new TV,TV,TV.  Sony must be grateful for this news at the moment.  

Speaking of whom, do they have their own streaming service? Why do Microsoft need one? Can't they just leave it to twitch and not create a pr clusterfuck?

To be fair they haven't said they are partnering with FB. They have said they are migrating their current streamers to FB Gaming. The rest is all conjecture and speculation

EDIT: Actually I'm completely wrong about the above, they are talking about partnering with FB Gaming especially with relation to XCloud.

I stil don't believe that MS are going to force you to log into FB to use their services, why would they give up all their data, everything in their entire eco system is tied to your live account. They might tie in FB gaming to the platform to allow you to stream, but only in the way you can currently stream via twitch if you so desire.

• Upvote 1

Sony have a thing called Live from PlayStation where you can stream to other PS4s and to Vitas, but otherwise you’re relying on Twitch or YouTube.

I'm clueless about the next gen consoles- what's all this about old MS consoles being forwards compaitble (have I got that right?)

I imagine Xbox will support streaming to Twitch, YouTube and Facebook, they're just forming a 'special relationship' with the latter because they're the only real choice for the click-to-play xCloud stuff: Amazon and Google run their own cloud platforms and are hoping to break into game streaming, so they're Microsoft's direct competitors in two different ways.

• Upvote 2

Of course, any click-to-play type stuff they'd definitely want to keep on their cloud.

Maybe if this keeps spinning out of control and the narrative becomes that the XsX is the Facebook console, Microsoft could clarify. Instead of waiting until the end of July, or whenever their big event is. They don't even have to reveal anything substantial, just confirm that XsX won't require a Facebook account and won't be tied to Facebook in another way. 

To be honest, I would be very surprised if they did this after all the goodwill moves they've made. Surely they know how Facebook sits with their target audience, they're not stupid. They want to lure people into Game Pass, not drive them away by requiring another subscription to a controversial platform.

• Upvote 1

Alternatively, MS think that partnering with Facebook helps them tap into the broader gaming market of however many billion players Phil Spencer's previously referred to. If it gets them the subscriber numbers MS want, maybe they're happy to accept the loss of some of their current user base for a net increase in users and revenue.

I'd be surprised if there was a mandatory signup for Facebook gaming (yikes if there was however). I don't know if the current terms of service enable MS to share user data with their partners unless you're playing one of their games or linking accounts (like EA or Epic accounts).

Don't Microsoft part own Facebook anyway? I think it's only a small share but I'm pretty sure they do

3 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

if you're required to have a FB account in any way I'll be giving it a hard pass. That's the same reason I wont buy an Oculus.

You don't need a Facebook account for Oculus stuff. It's an option, but you can just set up a regular Oculus account instead.