rllmuk
djbhammer

Xbox Series X - out November

Should have called them the Matrix and Bennett.

10 days. A prediction/wildest dream  a day 

1. Forza 8  - A joint collaboration between Turn 10 and Playground. Featuring all manner of new motorsports most notably dirt racing. Features some open world element either associated with certain tracks e.g. a city area for razzing about in or an offroad area offering rallying etc...up to 54 player races,  All cars accessible from pressing start. Cars no longer gated by money earned in game and the grind. It will look insanely good. 

untitled.png

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

On the box art, the ugly "Optimised for Series X" on NBA seems pointless since it doesn't play on anything else!

still “optimised“ though :coffee:

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Xbox Series X Slim

Hang on, there’s a Series S?

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

It’s absolute guff and before anyone says anything it really does matter. It’s Wii and Wii U levels of confusion.

• Empathy 1

6 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

It’s absolute guff and before anyone says anything it really does matter. It’s Wii and Wii U levels of confusion.

"Buy a game pass subscription, 100's of games that'll work on whatever console you have"   seems pretty straightforward.

or even better

"Buy a game pass ultimate subscription, 100's of games that'll work on whatever hardware you have, console, PC or mobile"

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

iPhone

iPhone Pro

iPhone Pro Max

iPhone SE

It's absolute guff and will lead to all manner of confusion! 

• Upvote 4

It’s pretty simple anyway - the more expensive model i.e. the ‘X’ is better, the software runs on them all. 

38 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

It’s absolute guff and before anyone says anything it really does matter.

Who does it really matter to? It’s just console names.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox Series X is a bloody awful name for the next gen console.

I still can’t grasp it correctly 

Nowhere near as bad as Xbone.

They were so mad and offended at that. Every game forum independently reached the same abbreviation within 10 minutes of the name being out and not one of the MS staff saw it coming.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

Imagine pretending to be confused by easily understood concepts to score internet points.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

You missed the Xbox 360 Core, Xbox 360 Arcade, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E. It almost like all this nonsense has not been a problem at all.

• Upvote 3

Should've gone Xbox One 360 

We all understand the naming convention but we should, this is an enthusiast's forum.

There's a reason the Switch isn't called the Switch-U, Wii-Switch or S-wii-itch

• Upvote 1

Now let’s not get hasty here, the Nintendo 3DS did terribly because nobody knew it was a new system, while the similarly priced PlayStation Vita made a clean break from the PSP and made a fortune. Clearly brand clarity counts for a lot.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Should've gone Xbox One 360 

We all understand the naming convention but we should, this is an enthusiast's forum.

There's a reason the Switch isn't called the Switch-U, Wii-Switch or S-wii-itch

True, it’s why the Gameboy Advance did so badly. 

The naming convention is messy, in my opinion. 

The concept behind what Microsoft are doing is really cool but the way they’re communicating it with the names of the consoles is unclear and can’t get any easier as time marches on and progress demands new hardware revisions. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

True, it’s why the Gameboy Advance did so badly. 

To be fair we're comparing Xbox One X to Xbox Series X.

It's closer to the GBA having been called the GB Colour DX, and of course when nintendo have pulled that trick, eg - DSi, it was effectively the same system.

27 minutes ago, Popo said:

The naming convention is messy, in my opinion. 

The concept behind what Microsoft are doing is really cool but the way they’re communicating it with the names of the consoles is unclear and can’t get any easier as time marches on and progress demands new hardware revisions. 

I do wonder if the general buying public give a shit though. I mean, as long as it plays their current games and runs the new Halo and Call of Duty and Fifa etc, then I'm guessing most of them will be perfectly happy with whatever machine they pick up. 

Folks seem to be content with buying Polaroid 4k TVs in Asda as their main machines these days, so I'm guessing a large proportion will just sit down, play the thing and not worry.

Quite honestly, I wish I was like that sometimes. Playing Let's Dance 2021 on the Wii on my shitty old CRT, whilst swigging a Special Brew. 

Or possibly a nice 2 litre bottle of Cider.

Hmm. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Quite honestly, I wish I was like that sometimes. Playing Let's Dance 2021 on the Wii on my shitty old CRT, whilst swigging a Special Brew. 

:lol:

You’re terrible, Muriel (JoeK).

On 12/07/2020 at 07:06, JPL said:

See, it’s obviously not as simple as PlayStation 1/2/3/4/5, but it’s far from a complete mess.

You'll want to throw a few slims and a pro in there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

You'll want to throw a few slims and a pro in there. 

you mean “PSone”, “PStwo”, “PS3 slim” PS3 super slim”, and “PS4 pro“?

I presume everything will be Xbox Series Something from now on, so it’s a clean break in that regard. If they’d only had one model at launch out I bet they would have left it at Xbox, but launching with Xbox X / Xbox S was just too silly and they needed something else to differentiate it.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have info on Microsoft flight simulator? My dad is really interested, he's been watching vids of it after being linked from flight disaster videos :3 . Maybe it'll be in this showcase?

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

Almost as though it wasn't as neat as presented, and we all managed. 

He has a point. Should just keep the Project names

- “yeah, I’ve got a a Scorpio but I’m definitely getting the new Scarlett, my brothers getting a Lockhart”

better than

”yeah, I’ve got one X, but I’m definitely getting the new Series X, my brothers getting a Series S

10 hours ago, layten said:

Imagine pretending to be confused by easily understood concepts to score internet points.

:D

11 hours ago, Stanley said:

It's absolute guff and will lead to all manner of confusion! 

I can see it now; rioting and looting in the streets, controllers being thrown at walls, total mayhem, anarchy and Harrisown switching exclusively to PC.

Fuck that, i'm moving to the countryside.

1 hour ago, macosx said:

He has a point. Should just keep the Project names

- “yeah, I’ve got a a Scorpio but I’m definitely getting the new Scarlett, my brothers getting a Lockhart”

better than

”yeah, I’ve got one X, but I’m definitely getting the new Series X, my brothers getting a Series S

Katana 4 ever

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SeanR said:

don’t forget the bits where they release the same console with bits missing without rebranding at all...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_models

I mean, if we’re really talking confusion (and I don’t beeline anyone was confused at the time) the original PS3 is a doozy of options, hidden capabilities etc. Can’t imagine how little Johnny’s grandma coped, but presumably she did.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrpranny said:

Does anyone have info on Microsoft flight simulator? My dad is really interested, he's been watching vids of it after being linked from flight disaster videos :3 . Maybe it'll be in this showcase?

there’s a big separate thread.

• Upvote 1